•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Happyman

Report suggests end of prohibition

DOG, I think it will be like booze. when it is legal, it will be illegal for us to grow our own. just like booze, u can buy but can't make it.

• Like 1

Im high 24/7... How could i get to work if I didnt drive high? I cant believe theres such controversy over this... Its been proven REAL RECENTLY drivin stoned is very minimal effect on any thing detrimental to driving. Shit.. I guess it depends where u live as well cuz people where i grew up are all fd up on all other kindsa dope. Not weed. Prescribed pills. So be holier than thou... Judge others. But if I werent high drivin a few times, road rage woulda got my ass. Smokin weed affects me like a cig affects a cig smoker.. Lightweights out there

• Like 1

But everyone knows weed isnt fuckin like alcohol, or better yet, u fuckers that text or answer ur gd cells while drivin. U fuckers suck.

While I totally agree on the texting/phoning and driving I'll need to see proof on the everybody knows, you see, "Everybody Knows" is what people say when they'd like to think something is true but don't have any proof, not even everybody here on a site that's dedicated to stoners know that.

Im high 24/7... How could i get to work if I didnt drive high? I cant believe theres such controversy over this... Its been proven REAL RECENTLY drivin stoned is very minimal effect on any thing detrimental to driving.

source please, or failing that a shovel to bury it with.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

Look it up Balzy, a study was published online LAST WEEK that stoned drivers pose minimal IF ANY risks.... Stay scared peeps. Im still amazed at the holier than thou folks on here when I know gd god damn good n well all of u have made a store ru while smokin. Ur lyin or a lightweight mofo if u say u havent

The studies are there Balzy, plus I just drove home high again, once again provin my point... I need some dudes to hang out with cuz estrogen is high up in here

• Like 5

I been smoking weed for 48 years.

hell, I can't honestly say I haven't ever driven while high. odds are I have.i don't ever rember doing it.i will say that.

in my youth I did on a few occasions, drive drunk. :thumbsdown:

my neighbor is a drunk.he drinks and is drunk so much, we don't really know if he is ever sober..lol

hell fellows, we all have opinions. they are like ass holes everyone has one.lol

stay cool and stay safe

• Like 5

article-2442411-18801A3500000578-11_634x451.jpg

Are u afraid of terrorists too? Shit happens. Be responsible. Stay hidden in your bathrooms while your women cook dinner n sneak a tok or 2...Not my life. If u cant drive while a little stoned, u need to maybe ot smoke weed at all...Or smoke sub par weed, like ruderalis> I could build a skyscraper on that crap

@Bigun, EVERYONE from our hometown are drivin impaired, whether pills, pills, or, well, pills. A lil weed aint gonna put my ass into a tree like sum foth's would hope for

This thread kinda went off the rails. My take away is that cannabis can effect people in such different ways that they have polar opposite experiences and expectations with it.

That being said there are many definite misconceptions that have been used and reenforced to justify prohibtion.

More Sober drivers kill other drivers than intoxicated drivers. A shit load of people drive wasted and get to their destination fine, its only demonized to collect more taxes. The Cell phone is more dangerous than cannabis, heroin, alcohol combined when in the hands of a driver. A pissed of wife in the passengers seat is more dangerous than them all.

Look it up Balzy, a study was published online LAST WEEK that stoned drivers pose minimal IF ANY risks.... Stay scared peeps. Im still amazed at the holier than thou folks on here when I know gd god damn good n well all of u have made a store ru while smokin. Ur lyin or a lightweight mofo if u say u havent

I parked my car the very first time I found myself sticking the keys in the ignition while high, gave it to my nephew a couple weeks later when I decided weed was the best medicine for me

found the study, what it actually says is that stoned drivers have impaired reflexes and are less able to deal with unexpected situations, in a word impaired.

at best the study can be construed as proving that stoned drivers aren't as impaired as drunk drivers, so what, impaired is impaired, being a little bit impaired is like being a little bit pregnant

your tolerance to THC doesn't make you in any way special, just an addict. Which is why you need the best weed in the world to be the very best addict you can be.

Hat's off to you for one thing though, got admire a guy who is is loud and proud of being an addict, most addicts want to hide their addiction away in the back corner of some dark closet.

Are u afraid of terrorists too? Shit happens. Be responsible. Stay hidden in your bathrooms while your women cook dinner n sneak a tok or 2...Not my life. If u cant drive while a little stoned, u need to maybe ot smoke weed at all...Or smoke sub par weed, like ruderalis> I could build a skyscraper on that crap

The studies are there Balzy, plus I just drove home high again, once again provin my point... I need some dudes to hang out with cuz estrogen is high up in here

all you proved is that you have way too much practice at driving impaired.

I'm sure it seemed to you that everybody was impaired, truth is everybody you knew drove impaired, people who respect the law don't hang with addicts, and vice versa.

no, I'm not afraid of terrorists, but I'm sure folks in Brussels are, because they are obviously a real and present danger, just like impared drivers, problem is that there are several million impaired drivers for every terrorist.

also, very few people are in denial about terrorism, unlike addiction.

@ DFT, exactly what I'm saying, impaired driving limits get pared down to the people who are the worst while impaired, have to be, most people don't have Indies years of practice at driving impaired.

I'm sure 9 out of 10 people could drive safely with double the limit of alcohol allowed here, the limit still has to be low so that the the easy drunks can drive safely too.

@BB no shit, because there are many many many more unimpaired drivers than impaired drivers, pretty obvious, maybe if you weren't impaired I wouldn't have had to point that out.

if every impaired driver crashed and burned on the first time they got behind the wheel impaired there wouldn't be a problem. also pretty obvious.

@San, sorry m8, thought you were saying that it din't matter if they made impaired driving illegal you'd still do it.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 3

For me the most distracting thing about getting high while driving is whenI have to roll a doob...even harder when you have to pick the random seeds out of one of indys hermed out pollen chucks!

I am just kidding...

Rolling the bones before getting in the truck actually solves that problem quite nicely

;)

I am currently sitting in gridlock traffic and can't even imagine what it would be like without this fatty of yeti. And I'm on my phone so I guess that makes me a double douche. But sitting here thinking about it, I'm wondering if I gave up driving just so I could get high - would that make me an addict?

Haha. I'm so fucking ripped

:lol:

• Like 3

Come on balsa, did you not even look at the links I posted before repeating your argument without any supporting evidence? I've got a minute now, there's this awesome thing called empirical statistics that happen to be super fricken accurate when it comes to traffic accidents.

First, Forbes while you wait

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsullum/2016/03/17/new-study-suggests-marijuanas-impact-on-crash-risk-has-been-greatly-exaggerated/#1066332b1906

I am not condoning driving while intoxicated on anything. Notice I said intoxicated.

Some things to consider: Unless you are willing to pay the price for hurting an innocent person and then some, than do not act all uppity and I doubt any of you truly are willing to accept that. Yea, you might be all big balls now but I am confident that when those big balls are infront of a judge and they are singing a different tune. I have seen many lives destroyed by adults with a mentality of a child.

I believe in accountablity. I am not alone. In modern times people live without this in a true sense. Where I am from, if you harm someone foolish like this. You might learn some lessons you and others will never forget.

With all that said, you have no idea how many people are on some kind of substance that they should not be on while driving and doing other more serious shit. Very few are problematic outside of alcohol, heroine, shrooms/trips and some prescription drugs.

Have you ever ridden a fair/carnival ride? You can bet your ass that dude was high. How many teachers do you think? With edibles, it is far higher than you would believe but prescription pills are probably the biggest.

Their is never a merited reason to be intoxicated when you are needed to be responsible in life. Though, I tend to ignore the shit out of that rule too! In my case when it comes to driving, I know cab drivers very well! I have seen to many prices paid for foolishness. So for me, enough is enough. Notice I said "intoxicated" and not merely imbibed.

I know some people tend to believe statistics and how they come up with those statistics. This is a merely a gimmick to not do the real work as it might be hard and to be a tool to manipulate. These statistics are typically used for justifications in political and funding issues. In general, business will use more realistic figures. Generically, you should mistrust most statistical data and those who try to use them as the base of an arguement. It is likely not the knowledge you are looking for!

This song sets what I am saying perfectly:

• Like 3

Come on balsa, did you not even look at the links I posted before repeating your argument without any supporting evidence? I've got a minute now, there's this awesome thing called empirical statistics that happen to be super fricken accurate when it comes to traffic accidents.

First, Forbes while you wait

http://www.forbes.co...d/#1066332b1906

there's also such a thing as picking your statistics to prove what you want to, so you can get a report that only SUGGESTS that stoned drivers are less likely to have an accident and even then the best they could do is get the risk down to where a stoned driver is a whopping 30% more likely to have an accident according to the report YOU posted. in a word, impaired.

Seriously, do really think that Joe Blow is just as good a driver after 4 hours of stress testing his new dabbing rig? not friggin' likely.

and it's Balz, or Balzy, please

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 2

I did specifically say dabbing and driving is excessive, but anyway...

gallery_2174_1295_7892.jpg

No impairment = 20 people crash

Marijuana = 25 people crash

Legal alcohol limit = 80 people crash

Above legal limit. = 240 people crash

gallery_2174_1295_11381.jpg

And if marijuana use by drivers has gone up ~50%, and cannabis causes impairment that puts others at risk, logically, traffic accidents and fatalities have gone up too, right?

gallery_2174_1295_15622.png

gallery_2174_1295_130791.png

gallery_2174_1295_121581.png

These are all govt statistics, and we all know the US govt cherry-picks data to make cannabis look good, right? Just ask and I'll gladly provide links to where I found all of this.

If there is some other evidence you can think of, feel free to bring it up, I am not absolute in my beliefs. BUT, If your argument after this post is still without EMPIRICAL evidence, I forfeit, and you can continue believing as you will.

And P.S. As far as the continued insults of "you're an addict", I've been up for six hours, with a blunt rolled in front of me for the last 4 hours, and I still took the time out of my day to find actual data for an online argument that holds no bearing on my life without smoking yet.

I grew up around more addicts than sober people, and unfortunately I know them better than they know themselves, and an addict doesn't let their drug of choice sit in front of them, hour after hour, because they're too busy reading scholarly articles and government statistics.

P.P.S. 25% increase says with no evidence of smoking while driving, so I gotta find another piece of data to fill that gap

• Like 1

Keep in mind that when they assign fault to an accident this is not a simple black and white aspect. The reasons for vehicle accidents going up and down is a complex issue but when it comes to assigning cause to the accident I say caution.

Example of a cannabis related accident. Person has an accident that is not their fault. They have to go to hospital and blood test shows pot in system. This is likely to be counted as a cannabis related accident statistically even though cannabis did not play a role in the reality of the accident.

You will find this used in insurances, courts and all those who have interest. Numbers only gives an outline view, do not give further weight to the numbers as matter of actual instances of intoxicated incidents.

Another example of the concept. Today, it is rare to not happening where in normal America will you get arrested for a joint. However, lets say you get arrested for some other issue and you happen to have a joint or whatnot on you. You will face a charge or citation or what have you for it then. This is how non growing/selling related cannabis charges happen now in many places.

The aspect is similar. Attached by association rather than direct cause. The separation of this aspect is likely not easily possible to separate from a statistical report from report as the initial information gathering ethics is flawed.

I do not think anyone needs statistics to prove that intoxicated drivers are dangerous. Its a good discussion, no need for waded up panties. I could careless if someone is or is not a addict really. A point of view is a point of view. I think maybe just a hard comment in a moment of :comp: and nothing more. I have seen good discussion and from that perspective its all good.

• Like 2

Oh my...You smoke blunts, too???

Then you're definitely an addict! Hahaha

:lol:

Of course, you all know that I'm just busting ballz, right?

I have to agree with my man hempy on the accountability thing, though. That's why I'm crawling out from under the bridge to apologize for stirring up shit. But damn it I was stuck in traffic.

Worst part of yesterday's gridlock was pulling past the staties that had the interstate SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY. I noticed the accident reconstruction team was set up and asked the trooper what had happened. "Another family lost to texting..." was his somber reply. I really hope that no one was intoxicated in that crash, but dead is dead. It puts things in perspective.

Back to the original topic...

I have my doubts about the end of prohibition

:innocent:

• Like 2

I'm sorry m8, but if it proves anything, your evidence proves that marijuana users are 25% more likely to have an accident.

I really don't understand what your point is, that boozers are worse drivers than Stoners? so what? less impaired is still impaired.

No impairment = 20 people crash

Marijuana = 25 people crash

Legal alcohol limit = 80 people crash

Above legal limit. = 240 people crash

so in spite of the fact that there are way more people that don't use cannabis stoners have 20% more fatal accidents, by your own "evidence"

the fatalities stats are completely irrelevant and are much more likely to reflect tougher impaired driving laws, safer vehicles, better policing, tougher licencing requirements, and better driver education.

but you may notice that fatalities stopped going down and started going up every year since marijuana was legalized in 2012.

From Merriam Webster

Definition of addict

• transitive verb

• 1: to devote or surrender (oneself) to something habitually or obsessively <addicted to gambling>

I only called Indi an addict, if he hadn't gotten chesty with me I wouldn't have mentioned it, but if anybody ever fit the definition of an addict it's Indi.

I haven't posted any proof for my position because nobody has posted any evidence that stoners aren't impaired, quite the opposite, you've pretty much proved it for me.

maybe instead of looking for studies that prove that cannabis doesn't impair ones ability to drive safely (you won't find a credible one) and have a quick look for ones that do, you'll find several.

@MrBreeze: I'm a med user and have to be stoned all day to treat my symptoms which is why I favour less potent weed, once I'm better, if that ever happens I'll start driving again, and keep smoking, but I'll still won't drive impaired.

I would have quit driving if the crap my doctor prescribed had impaired my driving ability too, however the only thing that stuff impaired was my ability to take a dump :( didn't do much for the pain either.

As I said before, I don't expect to change anybodies mind, I'm still going to keep trying.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

And P.S. As far as the continued insults of "you're an addict", I've been up for six hours, with a blunt rolled in front of me for the last 4 hours, and I still took the time out of my day to find actual data for an online argument that holds no bearing on my life without smoking yet.

So why didn't you smoke it?

Were you concerned that it might inter-fear with your ability to complete your task?

Did you in fact not smoke it because you thought it would leave you too impaired?

Drive Safe

BalzOut

Lol, come on balsa steal, you have failed to come up with a single piece of evidence to support your claims, so as I promised, you win.

I'll leave you with a question to ponder though -- as far as legalization being the cause for an increase in traffic fatalities, why did medical legalization cause a decrease, and decriminalization allow fatalities to fall to record lows, year after year? Or were the decreases irrelevant, and caused by other factors?

Have a good day though balsasteal, no hard feelings.

P.S. I don't believe the decreases were cannabis related, and neither do I believe the increases were cannabis related

• Like 1

"I have my doubts about the end of prohibition"

yep, the biggest road block is it being on the damn schedule 1. i think the only two ways to get taken off that list is congress has to vote it through, or a stupid number of government agencies have to ok a referendum for it's removal.

considering the financial strength and political power of corporations and groups that oppose any sort of legalization efforts it's still a steep hill to climb.

does anyone know, did they throw out the case nebraska and kansas brought against colorado in federal court?

Lol, come on balsa steal, you have failed to come up with a single piece of evidence to support your claims, so as I promised, you win.

I haven't posted any proof for my position because nobody has posted any evidence that stoners aren't impaired, quite the opposite, you've pretty much proved it for me.

I'll leave you with a question to ponder though -- as far as legalization being the cause for an increase in traffic fatalities, why did medical legalization cause a decrease, and decriminalization allow fatalities to fall to record lows, year after year? Or were the decreases irrelevant, and caused by other factors?

I believe they are irrelevant, there're too many other variables.

Have a good day though balsasteal, no hard feelings.

likewise m8

P.S. I don't believe the decreases were cannabis related, and neither do I believe the increases were cannabis related

nor do I

As I said before, I don't expect to change anybodies mind, I'm still going to keep trying.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

So why didn't you smoke it?

Were you concerned that it might inter-fear with your ability to complete your task?

Did you in fact not smoke it because you thought it would leave you too impaired?

you haven't answered the question I left you with.

Or have you and that's why you don't want to continue the discussion? it seemed pretty telling to me.

I Haven't been following the legalization in the states, but I thought there was a major move happening to reschedule Cannabis, what happened?

Stay Safe

BalzOut

no reschedule as of yet but seems like it will happen.

The supreme court is not taking the case and the issue is over about the other states suing on some parts of the legalization. I expect these areas will double down on law enforcement along popular travel corridors as a result.

• Like 2