•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gardenartus

Breeds with Piperine for anxiety

Would it not make sense that breeds that contain Piperine, would be great for those who experience anxiety when they use certain types of cannabis.

Are there any such breeds?

Great question, one above my current knowledge level. Interested in this topic tho...

• Like 2

would love to find such a strain! the anxiety attacks every morning dont help and meds make me feel empty. cannabis is the only thing that helps and doesnt make me feel nasty with side effects. hope someone got more knowledge intresting topic.

• Like 1

I am not aware of piperine being a constituent of any cannabis strain, so only with genetic modification could you introduce it. But why would you want to? By taking your piperine separately, you can dose it any way you want.

• Like 2

AFAIK, piperine is available over the counter. You could control dose and interaction easier by using separate compounds.

@Johnsin, I have anxiety every morning too. I have found a large glass of hot chamomile tea with a little powdered unfiltered ginger, really helps. I know it sounds basic but after trying a lot of stuff this just works. Makes me feel healthy and functional as well.

• Like 5

The headiness of

I am not aware of piperine being a constituent of any cannabis strain, so only with genetic modification could you introduce it. But why would you want to? By taking your piperine separately, you can dose it any way you want.

I can not find any with it either.

Those who use concentrated forms for their health, such as large oil dosing for cancer, if we started with plants that did not cause anxiety we could make a better all the way around medicine that could be tolerated well without the associated anxiety large dosing can bring on.

Also for those who have anxiety issues, this would be a breed that would not bring on that issue.

Caryophyllene is the one terpene I found that is in black pepper as well. Hash plant is high in this, surprisingly Gorilla Glue is too. A gent said that is one high in THC, GG, does not cause anxiety, where as others he has used does. Perhaps this works as well, caryophyllene, as piperine, for anxiety, calming it.

Yes, I understand why some people need to combat anxiety caused by cannabis, but as I and Douglas pointed out, you can take piperine or whatever separately. In fact, that's much better for dose control. But if you insist on taking them together, why not adding piperine to your concentrate?

Yes I could do that and have done things like that, but it would nice to find some breeds that have it to begin with. Not sure why people make such a big deal out of things like this. If there are breeds that cause less anxiety, it would be nice to know what they are and what terpene is in it, that would cause less anxiety. That issue is Very Real for some people and it Controls their life. It may not be important for those with no issues but for those with it, very important, some can't use due to the anxiety it causes.

• Like 1

Out of sannie's, I find chocolate rain to relieve anxiety rather than cause it. I have found this to be the case with the two, otherwise unique, pheno's I flowered.

It is out of stock in regs right now. But I can't imagine this will be for too long. Can't comment on the fem version.

• Like 2

to topic starter:

there is a common terpene found in some cannabis variaties (and pepper)

that gives you the effects youe looking for

(CB2 agonist.. "comparable effect of CBD" ;) )

targets only the receptor that dont get you high (dont bind to CB1 receptor)

but specifficly to CB2 (like CBD)

the more you laern about Caryophyllene the more you will understand about the medicinal/therapeutic value's

it might jsut be what youre looking for ;)

but there more terpenes/cannabinoid that will give you an opposite effect of anxiety

Caryophyllene

Caryophyllene /ˌkærioʊfɪˈliːn/, or (−)-β-caryophyllene, is a natural bicyclic sesquiterpene that is a constituent of manyessential oils, especially clove oil, the oil from the stems and flowers of Syzygium aromaticum (cloves),[3] the essential oil of hemp Cannabis sativa,[4] rosemary Rosmarinus officinalis,[5] and hops.[6] It is usually found as a mixture with isocaryophyllene (the cis double bond isomer) and α-humulene (obsolete name: α-caryophyllene), a ring-opened isomer. Caryophyllene is notable for having a cyclobutane ring, a rarity in nature.

Caryophyllene is one of the chemical compounds that contributes to the spiciness of black pepper. Beta-caryophyllene was shown to be selective agonist of cannabinoid receptor type-2 (CB2) and to exert significant cannabimimeticantiinflammatory effects in mice.[4] Antinociceptive,[7] neuroprotective,[8] anxiolytic and antidepressant [9] and anti-alcoholism [10] activity have been uncovered. Because the widespread plant natural product beta-caryophyllene is an FDA approved food additive and ingested daily with food it is the first dietary cannabinoid. Whether this compound is able to modulate inflammatory processes in humans via the endocannabinoid system is yet unknown. Beta-caryophyllene does not bind to the centrally expressed cannabinoid receptor type-1 (CB1) and therefore does not exertpsychoactive effects.

The first total synthesis of caryophyllene in 1964 by E.J. Corey was considered one of the classic demonstrations of the possibilities of synthetic organic chemistry at the time.[11]

Caryophyllene oxide, in which the olefin of caryophyllene has become an epoxide, is the component responsible for cannabis identification by drug-sniffing dogs[12][13] and is also an approved food flavoring.[14]

Natural sources[edit]

The approximate quantity of caryophyllene in the essential oil of each source is given in square brackets ([ ]):

terpenes.gif

little fact about peperine

ps: peperine and tumaric (kurkuma) are a good combi to take for youre health

as the peperine makes the kurkuma more avalible (upto 200%) and gives you the ani inflametory effects of kurkumn (kurkuma/tumarec)

• Like 3

I never heard about piperine, cool.

Dreaming: The last weeks I didn't smoke weed. I dream a lot and this is very healthy.

Anxiety is often caused by trauma such as violence, helplesness, bullying and so on.

You can get this away by thinking about the situation that hurt you and made you feel bad. Then you have to live these emotions, let them happen until slowly you will overcome them and then the anxiety will go away.

If you get not out of your daily routine which causes anxiety (fear of people in closed rooms, authoritarian people, you name it)

Your self cannot overcome these problems cause ur in this stress situation.

Just in case someone didn't know that. Keep pushing and all the best!

• Like 2

My anxiety is caused by malfunctioning endocrine system. It can come out of no where but tends to be in the morning as a huge hormonal shift occurs. It can also be brought on by persistent low blood sugar or high blood sugar. all the positive thinking in the world can't fix this.

• Like 1

to topic starter:

there is a common terpene found in some cannabis variaties (and pepper)

that gives you the effects youe looking for

(CB2 agonist.. "comparable effect of CBD" ;) )

targets only the receptor that dont get you high (dont bind to CB1 receptor)

but specifficly to CB2 (like CBD)

the more you laern about Caryophyllene the more you will understand about the medicinal/therapeutic value's

it might jsut be what youre looking for ;)

but there more terpenes/cannabinoid that will give you an opposite effect of anxiety

Caryophyllene

Caryophyllene /ˌkærioʊfɪˈliːn/, or (−)-β-caryophyllene, is a natural bicyclic sesquiterpene that is a constituent of manyessential oils, especially clove oil, the oil from the stems and flowers of Syzygium aromaticum (cloves),[3] the essential oil of hemp Cannabis sativa,[4] rosemary Rosmarinus officinalis,[5] and hops.[6] It is usually found as a mixture with isocaryophyllene (the cis double bond isomer) and α-humulene (obsolete name: α-caryophyllene), a ring-opened isomer. Caryophyllene is notable for having a cyclobutane ring, a rarity in nature.

Caryophyllene is one of the chemical compounds that contributes to the spiciness of black pepper. Beta-caryophyllene was shown to be selective agonist of cannabinoid receptor type-2 (CB2) and to exert significant cannabimimeticantiinflammatory effects in mice.[4] Antinociceptive,[7] neuroprotective,[8] anxiolytic and antidepressant [9] and anti-alcoholism [10] activity have been uncovered. Because the widespread plant natural product beta-caryophyllene is an FDA approved food additive and ingested daily with food it is the first dietary cannabinoid. Whether this compound is able to modulate inflammatory processes in humans via the endocannabinoid system is yet unknown. Beta-caryophyllene does not bind to the centrally expressed cannabinoid receptor type-1 (CB1) and therefore does not exertpsychoactive effects.

The first total synthesis of caryophyllene in 1964 by E.J. Corey was considered one of the classic demonstrations of the possibilities of synthetic organic chemistry at the time.[11]

Caryophyllene oxide, in which the olefin of caryophyllene has become an epoxide, is the component responsible for cannabis identification by drug-sniffing dogs[12][13] and is also an approved food flavoring.[14]

Natural sources[edit]

The approximate quantity of caryophyllene in the essential oil of each source is given in square brackets ([ ]):

terpenes.gif

little fact about peperine

ps: peperine and tumaric (kurkuma) are a good combi to take for youre health

as the peperine makes the kurkuma more avalible (upto 200%) and gives you the ani inflametory effects of kurkumn (kurkuma/tumarec)

The more I studied I realized it must be Caryophyllene that eases anxiety. Those plants known to lessen it all are high in it :)

Yes! LOL I give my patients capsules of turmeric with fresh ground peppercorns in it. 2000% more bio available just by adding a bit of pepper, purty amazing. :)

Something really nice about turmeric with peppercorns, patient was having break through pain, I also have a topical he uses and I bumped it up with cannabis oil, helped but still didn't do the trick. Bought some DMSO, added cannabis oil and honey to it, honey cuts the nasty taste and smell of DMSO, helped but nope not quite enough. Added turmeric caps with peppercorn, There's the Ticket! Still gives him a bit of fits but it was hitting him so hard at work he would drop to his knees, no more of that. :)

• Like 1

My anxiety is caused by malfunctioning endocrine system. It can come out of no where but tends to be in the morning as a huge hormonal shift occurs. It can also be brought on by persistent low blood sugar or high blood sugar. all the positive thinking in the world can't fix this.

You got that right, and those who suffer from PTSD have little control over it. Very hard if impossible to control for some. My sugar does that too, especially if I drop low.

remember when youre making extracts and you use heat,

you will evaporate allot of the voillitile essentials (like B-Caro)

(especcially with decarboxillation)

Blueriverexracts.com sells cannabis essential oills, (1drop on 5/10gram extract is more than enough)

so dont be scared off by the price,

if added back after decarb

it will bring aother level of potential to youre extract, and contribute to the entourage effect.

dabs with added terps will give a whole other dimention to youre high!

(you can steam distill and caprture youre essential from plant material befrore making extracts, at 100C no canabinoids will be lost, vacuum distillation will let you go even lower temps for evaperation.

so you can add the essential oills back afterwards)

the future will be strains breed for speciffic terpenoid profile's is my guess

I want to add that letting out the emotions can be overwhelming, therefore it can be necessary to call a psychological help line.

What helps is also EFT. You knock several nerve points so called meridians. You don't need to pay to find out how that works. Google it.

I have found magnesium to be helpful for anxiety, I use CALM which is a powder magnesium. I have a deficiency of it so that is why. Northern Lights from Peak, Trinity Kush from Emerald Triangle are a couple with good calming effect.

Black pepper will work for piperine too.

remember when youre making extracts and you use heat,

you will evaporate allot of the voillitile essentials (like B-Caro)

(especcially with decarboxillation)

Blueriverexracts.com sells cannabis essential oills, (1drop on 5/10gram extract is more than enough)

so dont be scared off by the price,

if added back after decarb

it will bring aother level of potential to youre extract, and contribute to the entourage effect.

dabs with added terps will give a whole other dimention to youre high!

(you can steam distill and caprture youre essential from plant material befrore making extracts, at 100C no canabinoids will be lost, vacuum distillation will let you go even lower temps for evaperation.

so you can add the essential oills back afterwards)

the future will be strains breed for speciffic terpenoid profile's is my guess

Extracting the essential oil from cloves during organic chemistry using fractional distillation was by far my favorite lab experiment - I felt like I was in breaking bad. I may not have had the best grades in the lecture course, but my recrystallizations were ~98.5% pure!! The extra effort was always worth it to get the high melting point :P

OH, by the way, at the cannabis conference I was at in Philly, there was a company based out of San Diego that was marketing this little box that analyzes the terpene profile of a sample you put into it, and cross-references with a database it has pre-entered (and i'm assuming updates somehow). Can tell you what kind of ganja you've got. Click the LINK to see... it's called MyDX.