PH Down and ash connection

1 reply to this topic

#1 Nightmara

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 07:55 AM

So friend grew some aztec rain. He kept EC low and didn't overfeed at all. He also stopped using micro(GH) 4 or 5 weeks before harvest and flushed for 2 weeks and it still burns to black ash and doesn't taste as good as it could. I'm beginning to think as he is a huge fiend to adjust PH that he just put too much PH down in the res and I think he might've used ph down also while flushing.
I'm asking have you noticed any effects or don't you adjust PH while flushing? Or are you using different PH down for veg and flower which I now spotted for first time. Nitric acid for grow and phosphoric for bloom. What do you think, does general hydro down have nitric or phosphoric in their product?
smoke

#2 benefit cuts

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 09:53 AM

'The active ingredient for ph up is usually potassium hydroxide or potash. For ph down the active ingredient is usually phosphoric acid' Ed Rosenthal - Protect Your Garden.

I use the same Ph down throughout the whole cycle, veg and flower without problems. I don't do an extended flush as I don't think it's necessary but if I give plain water the last couple of waterings I ph that down to the same value as I use when feeding with nutrients. I have never experienced any problems doing this. I'm not sure what's wrong with your friends weed but I doubt it's related to ph down, if his ph was way off during flowering he would have seen corresponding problems with the plants. Has the bud been cured for long, did he leave much sugar leaf on it when trimming? If it was cut and dried quickly or badly and it was done recently that could account for the problems with taste.

I grew some Aztek Rain btw and it was a very tasty smoke slightly fruity with a kind of cat piss tinge to it, but in a good way lol, so the bad taste won't be down to genetics either.
'il faut cultiver notre jardin'