•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

steve

Best "organic" nutrient you have used?

Found a few I like called "Super Tea" and "Bubswell" (expensive) Extreme Gardening.com has some i interesting Tea's and great root stimulators products and even offer sample packs $15.00 - organic growing helps with the plants taste. Thought on ? Organic's used ? Thanks !! For Organic powders' "Kelp4Less" (expensive but seem top quality)

Personally think making you own teas is cheapest and the best no need for the fancy guano crap i mean years ago i was making teas and getting laughed at

remember people saying stuff like your going to have bad bacteria going in soil etc

But the best thing it was free and after some searching you could even come close to figuring out NPK of the tea etc or nutrients you made gallery_11738_4815_68946.jpg

• Like 7

Been using guano's, Sunleaves mainly, Mexican, Jamaican, Indonesian, and seabird guano if I have it, for about 10 years.

Best tasting bud ever, never found any that tastes better, or cleaner.

• Like 5

Starting off with store teas is good but if you are more serious about the hobby I second Bagwell and recommend making your own teas.

As you develop in your knowledge you will learn how to customize the teas for the period of growth they are in to the addressing specific needs and/or issues at the current time of your plant.

If their has to be a best, worm castings!

• Like 11

Been using guano's, Sunleaves mainly, Mexican, Jamaican, Indonesian, and seabird guano if I have it, for about 10 years.

Best tasting bud ever, never found any that tastes better, or cleaner.

Ill second that, there is no better tasting weed then grown on guano.

After more then 25 years using about everything there is on the market Soma told me long ago follow this guru and you will know.

Now it is part of my business because i strongly believe in organics.

I love nature!

Poldergrower

• Like 7

After more then 25 years using about everything there is on the market Soma told me long ago follow this guru and you will know.

I love nature!

Poldergrower

I like Soma as well but that aspect has actually been detrimental to me in certain circles. His advice has been very solid for me and like to hear to him talk though its been since his granddaughter was knee high so how ever long that was. I do not know them personally like that, only she was there and knee high.

• Like 2

WoW ! thanks to all - you-all gave me great information - at present using advanced nutrients line and have ordered Humbolts Own "sample" pack. (interesting sample pack) anyway Organic is the way to go for taste -and I take it bud size? Seems that bud size is a bit smaller that when using organic's - but - the trade -off is worth it. Bat Guano , Tea's and budswell - will start to look for quality Guano and mixture's for Tea's

I love nature!

Poldergrower

You do have a web site ? (not being snart) no facebook, ect for me - looks like you have good product's

Starting off with store teas is good but if you are more serious about the hobby I second Bagwell and recommend making your own teas.

As you develop in your knowledge you will learn how to customize the teas for the period of growth they are in to the addressing specific needs and/or issues at the current time of your plant.

Believe there is a site called "Uncle Ben's Worms" have casting, ect (believe the site name is correct)(if not will find correct one

Personally think making you own teas is cheapest and the best no need for the fancy guano crap i mean years ago i was making teas and getting laughed at

remember people saying stuff like your going to have bad bacteria going in soil etc

But the best thing it was free and after some searching you could even come close to figuring out NPK of the tea etc or nutrients you made gallery_11738_4815_68946.jpg

look's good enough to "drink" - I mean the plants !!!!!! nice mixture
  • Like 2

Understand what you are saying - one learns something new after each "project" Tea's are so what new to me - have spent much time learning flower stages and bloom booster use along with essential oil production (terpene's - terpoid's) sorry about the misspelling

What about using both "chemical and organic" during a grow ? - >In flower stage (early,middle and late) each stage requires a different N-P-K: examaples

early flower - weeks 1 and 2 requires higher "P" than "K" amounts

middle flower - weeks 3-4 requires higher "K" than "P" amounts

late flower - weeks 5-6 require higher "P" than :K: amounts

Are their organic's that have specific N-P-K ? or just use of a basic organic/ tea thru out Maybe the chemical bloom booster are what makes the bud size bigger but taste suffer's All thought welcome !!!!!

There are three different 'flavors' of teas:

- Nute tea. Basically an extract of a solid powder, like guano.

- Micro-organism tea. This requires aerating a solution of sugar and (vermi)compost and a little bit of guano or another source of NPK. Microbeman has perfected the art. Sannie's Bacto is an easy alternative.

- Enzyme/hormone tea. An extract of freshly sprouted seeds, alfalfa and (malted) barley are popular. Sprouts are loaded with enzymes and growth hormones. I haven't used these yet, but I am going to experiment with them.

If you use a good soil rich in compost, a little lime and perhaps an amendment or two combined with these teas, you can't go wrong. Although the specific needs of a strain may differ (e.g. more N).

• Like 3

There are three different 'flavors' of teas:

- Nute tea. Basically an extract of a solid powder, like guano.

- Micro-organism tea. This requires aerating a solution of sugar and (vermi)compost and a little bit of guano or another source of NPK. Microbeman has perfected the art. Sannie's Bacto is an easy alternative.

- Enzyme/hormone tea. An extract of freshly sprouted seeds, alfalfa and (malted) barley are popular. Sprouts are loaded with enzymes and growth hormones. I haven't used these yet, but I am going to experiment with them.

If you use a good soil rich in compost, a little lime and perhaps an amendment or two combined with these teas, you can't go wrong. Although the specific needs of a strain may differ (e.g. more N).

Thanks for the info and your kowledge

EWC tea has to be pretty much the safest tea to make no matter what it will never be to strong ,, when i made mine like in that pail all i did was fill half pail with water add what ever i had and yes even seeds stir the hell out of it and i had to check the strength next day she was usually well over my PPM reading of 1999 so it worked out like 4 cups of water to one cup of strained juice i made that its all i fed these girls from start to finish its all i fed these girls from clone to harvest in promixgallery_11738_4816_910043.jpg

gallery_11738_4816_2713585.jpgis all i feed these girls

gallery_11738_4816_3505593.jpg

• Like 4

The easy way like MostlyMe said...

I use Sannies bacto once a week. I add molasses, bottled enzyme, Cal/mag and Kelp or guano powder depending what stage they are in. I do no brew it, just put it in the water and let it brew in the pot.

• Like 1

One thing i always wanted to try is using organic septic cleaner enzymes etc more or less same thing as in adding Bacto and microbes tea spoon contains hundreds of thousand microbes lol

one should try this or maybe i will once my strains are sexed

• 2 liters of water
  • 2 cups of sugar
  • 2 cups of cornmeal
  • 4 packets of active dry yeast

Boil the water and dissolve the sugar in it. When the mixture has cooled to room temperature, add the cornmeal and then the Yeast stir let sit feed plants next day wonder WTF it would do

• Like 4

I like the organic septic cleaner. Be careful on doseage for smaller amounts of plants. A little goes a very long way.

Another thing you can do, add a bit of tomato paste to your teas, cut back your sugar a bit when doing so. Tomato paste is packed with good stuff!

• Like 4

Were getting into good stuff now something i used all the time used Fats although many claim that its bad but if one was to actually look at fat in chemical form its and compare it to sugar for instance Fat has more energy

Bokasi comes to mind or how About throwing a fish into dirt then plant a plant fish contains lots of fats as in oils plants love it right ???

also one tends to think the fats take to long to decompose which is false takes about a week to start and once it does the process speeds up

Always add some used bacon grease nothing crazy into my compost bins appears to work well for me

Many will claim Fats arei no good etc but when we look into the science of it animal derived Fats are Carbon based so organic in

triglycerides lipids ??? Same dam thing

• Like 2

The easy way like MostlyMe said...

I use Sannies bacto once a week. I add molasses, bottled enzyme, Cal/mag and Kelp or guano powder depending what stage they are in. I do no brew it, just put it in the water and let it brew in the pot.

Thanks for your recipe !!! Sounds like a good "Tea"

I grow in ProMix and use Guano and worm castings, I feed my worms powdered eggshell, green sand, and glacial rock dust to build up minerals and micro nutrients, I used to use teas, but things went much better when I stopped.

no idea about tasting better, haven't used chem nutes for about 35 years, most of what I grow tastes pretty damn good though.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 8

Balza, sounds to me like you have very happy worms, it is weird to say that and actually be happy for it :dribble:

Keep on keepin on!

Hempyfan,

Jah Bless!

• Like 1

lol, wonder how high they get when I feed them my excess bud, and if they get the munchies :)

didn't mean to say that teas don't work, just that they didn't work for me.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

Oh, man, forgot about my Wiggle Worm castings. I use them in everything so often I guess I don't even think of them as nutrients anymore as they have so much good stuff in them. My mix is usually about 10% castings, plus guano lime Epsom green sand kelp and azomite, which I call magic dust. I water with molasses Azos, and Great White, plant my seedlings and fuggetabouit til harvest

It's an old recipe, my first grow, left it and tried everything else, and came back for ease and nothing else tasted as good.

• Like 1

Outstanding mix Diesel! The only thing I can think to add is some seeds or maybe a clone and the mix would be perfect!

• Like 1

Speaking of taste, heading to Colorado again next month. I expected to find acres of perfect tasting bud. Instead, what I found, was tons of poorly cured, chemically grown, high THC, crap.

I'm even reading the tech heads claiming "plants don't know the difference between a chemical or organic nutrient". Well, maybe so, but tomatoes grown in grandma's compost taste better than the super market!

Speaking of Grandma and organics, she used to fill up a five gallon pale of water, throw a cow patty in it, let it sit for a few days, and water her tomatoes with it.

• Like 3

best bottled nutes I've ever used is without a doubt, better organix.

the only real organic nutrient range I've ever found tbh.

the mycorrhizal they use is called root better this is a mix thats made with the help of paul stamets, probably the most recognised mycologist in the world.

the bio veg is a bio-active grow nutrient which is crawling with life, and is abundant in sea minerals

the k-amino product is probably my favourite, used as a foliar and as a drench. makes my plants look healthy the day after a foliar with this stuff.

it contains readily available L-amino acids, photo-hormones, organic potassium and powerful beneficial plant bacteria. the n-p-k is 1-0-6 so is great used as a flower nutrient right up to the finish as it helps uptake sugar and great for oil production.

they also have a fulvic acid, a humid acid, a bloom nutrient, a wetter and a product that increases the plants access to co2 called nano breathe.

the nano breathe product works by a foliar application. when on the leaf there is a capillary action is delivering calmg fe while also delivering at the cell of the plant enhanced co2 with only water as waste.

in my experience, my plants take off everytime i apply it, then works on the leaf for 4 weeks. groundbreaking product imo.

best customer service I've ever came across aswell. dropping them an email of curiosity will show you what i mean. honestly try it and you will never look back.

the guy who runs it is super smart with organics and is willing to spread information, never holds anything back.

https://better-organix.myshopify.com/collections/all

i know this post sounds very sales pitchy but you know when you discover a truly amazing thing but no one seems to listen, this is it with me.

drop them an email at the very least and you will understand what i mean i promise

• Like 3

Paul Staments is the man in myco!

I have looked at this company before "better organix," I actually think through a discussion in pm in the past. While I have not been able to test any of it, it looks very good.

Speaking of taste, heading to Colorado again next month. I expected to find acres of perfect tasting bud. Instead, what I found, was tons of poorly cured, chemically grown, high THC, crap.

I'm even reading the tech heads claiming "plants don't know the difference between a chemical or organic nutrient". Well, maybe so, but tomatoes grown in grandma's compost taste better than the super market!

Speaking of Grandma and organics, she used to fill up a five gallon pale of water, throw a cow patty in it, let it sit for a few days, and water her tomatoes with it.

You will almost always get uncured weed at dispensaries and such. The business side of it tends to not allow for this due to expense. Time is money. But all is not lost.

You want to find like minded people and network a bit as when their is a cup their are often private get to gethers and meet ups and this is where you can find the true stuff more towards what you are looking for.

• Like 2