•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Indican

Seeking extremely high THC strains 2016

It depends who's grown it, same cut receives wildly different results under testing depending upon the grower/sample, also the period it is cut makes a big difference.

These test consistently high though

The White

Wifi

Gorilla glue #4

Loctite

Bruce banner

Dutch treat

Green crack

Hellfire OG (rascals og X sfv og I believe, not snowhigh seed version as far as I know, different lineage same name)

Sensi star

Yeti (pheno hunt, some test very high, or get the underdog cut)

Super silver haze

Albert walker

Sour diesel

(I'd expect sssdh to be high given lineage)

Amnesia haze

Like dream of green mentioned Kick around on analytical360, just take it all with a pinch of salt

• Like 3

Missed this thread... not sure if im glad about that yet... Im just going to sidestep the crap like a posh woman in a fur coat steeping around a homeless bum on the street...*eek

Im preaching to the choir on this, but I will say it all the same ;)

Our basic understanding of THC, CBD & CBN levels in cannabis plants was that THC is the "sparkle eyes" compound.

"You wanna get really high?!! High THC baby!"

But there is more to effect in brain chemistry than one particular compound... everything is a usion that gives an effect.

Using good old "Car analogy"... a combustion engine requires fuel, spark and air.

Its not about how much of one of these you have to increase performance, its having the best balance of all 3 working together that makes an engine run great :)

The science has been out for a few years now that high CBD low THC was "Medical"... especially for children, but found that having a little more THC actually made the CBD more effective in the body/treatment.

So in hindsight, breeding the THC out of strains was counterproductive and is slowing down.

But regardless of this, Indy as a breeder asked specifically about known genetics which may have a higher than usual THC content.... he didnt need anyone to re correct what he was asking for.

@Indy... In my personal experience, the "shelf name" strains can produce some very high tested THC levels like my Bruce Banner and SLH, but I've found just like with all the strains ive found that deliver... I look for the 'purity and raw'ness' of a genetic that has the potential to deliver an elevated THC or CBD and flower out as many seeds as I can.

It's the "anomaly" of all those seeds, that one pheno when all the compounds line up in usion that creates that "freakshow" one in a thousand so to speak.

But as a breeder, you understand all of this already ;)

If I was to point where I had found high THC freakshows... Id point toward landrace Irinian, Indian, Pakistani etc as opposed to Tropical Sativa which has been the conception of THC for a long time.

The indicas seem to find that better balance of compounds quicker and more easily than landrace sativas :)

Peaceful and positive guys :)

Rose.

• Like 3

I do not believe most people have seen an 18% strain. Most are probably 9-15% in my view.

When I see threads like this, I think of the Wizard of Oz. What your looking for is probably already in your own backyard. But can "you" see it?

If you find yourself being influenced by others to the point you have the wants, you are doing something wrong fundamentally way before what you may think the fix is.

Yeah Hempy I get your view, but its not INDICANs views. Yes I have DANK, and if you think 15% is a max of what most have seen, obviously you arent payin attention. I'll say it again, plans are in motion, its NOT about the max THC in the end product, so get ur brains away from that thinking. This is like art to me, creating a beautiful thing to be enjoyed by the world. THERE ARE MANY 20%+ THC strains out there. If you think not, youre lyin to urself, or maybe, JUST MAYBE, USA has taken over the world with new creations. Sorry 'Dam and Spain and others, USA is where its at. The Blue Magoo was tested in Washington state. Amazing... But no way Professor P made a 26% strain huh? No way Indi can do it. U knee grows need to look through my 8 yrs plus on here. Every fuckin strain Ive made has been dank, beginning with Rebel Shack x Herijuana, SweetGod x Herijuana, then here we are probably 300 strains later and I get "oh theres no such strain over 15% thc"....Anyway, terps, thc, THCa, CBD, etc, again I say I WANT IT ALL IN A STRAIN...And by God, I will make a world class strain. This aint about money as I make more than plenty at my reg job. This is about me, the obsessions of creating from age 14. If u hate on a guy with passion thats willing to GIVE beans away I make, then all I can say is a big ol F U! This place is like a buncha monkeys tossin there own poop at people with knowledge and ABILITY. Proof is in the final product.

• Like 1

@ ROSE OF DARKNESS, THANK YOU :) Common sense is an uncommon virtue. You get where Im going. CBDs are the rage, but I know plants can be bred to contain all I want them to.

How many of u have been taught by some of the best growers in the world? Not over the fuckin inernet either. Go back to my galleries from 2008 and look. I NEVER used the net before that... This is my life peeps, get over it

• Like 3

Its all good in da hood :)

Happy 420 fellers. Hope u aint smokin schwag this day...

As far as certain members bein just, well, we know...Its kinda like back in the day when Santero would post somethin n Rev would chime in. Maybe theirs didnt get as rough as my words, but hell, Americans are known to be real assholes. And I can take it pretty fn far lol...No harm intended, just brutal honesty.

Got a hook up on a RareDankness strain....So its a pretty fn good day at Indi's digs :)

• Like 5

sad to see the plant not doing her job in uniting us in harmony, lol.

out of respect to all parties involved i stayed neutral for now, but

i'd hammer down everyone that is not repectful to his next here.

no favoritism ...

i have to admit that i hesitated due to my respect to everybody

involved, but please ... mates, stay in adult-mode, plz yes? ;)

crazy how sometimes a thread can derail, lol ... but in the end

it is just embarrasing to the ones not behaving like adults, imo.

@stanky

your =) is the most annoying, lol ... please don't spam this way, bro B)

makes you look a bit "slow" if you do this too often, imo (no disrespect).

i erased all but one (they were like ten or so *sheesh* :))

about the % of THC in testing:

it is the percentage of the thc in the gland, fellas :rolleyes2:

info:

the blue magoo CLONE ONLY plants buds tested this high %'s,

not every single seed coming from a 2nd backcrossed seedline

will have these amounts as a guarantee ...

Actually Santero, it was BM BX2 I saw tested. I have the photo saved on my old phone but cant get it to charge. Anyway, its on one of Dynastys pages. Seek and ye shall find :)

• Like 1

Ive not had indys gear, but i defo want it, hell i can smell it all the way over here in the uk. I know some people are anti forces and hate war, but it takes different types, people who join the armed forces sometimes put a hell of a lot on the line and lose good friends. RESPECT .V.

• Like 1

Indy my brother

God bless the US Marines the best fighting force in the fn world

Ok now that's out of the way I am growing some Dank ass godsmack snow queen xheri and uk blues x heri

And thy are some beautiful ladies

You keep up the great work

The Clown Rules

Papalag Happy 420

Fuck cancer

• Like 5

Thanks dudes, theres a couple former Marines on here, but we dont look for pats on the back. I joined so I wouldnt be like the idiots that didnt join from my home, all my old high school friends are dead from oxys. The only one isnt dead is spending 75 years for oxys, so I put my life on the line for something honorable. No one "likes" war, minus Halliburton types, but to prevent wars sometimes you gotta cut a snakes head off. No biggie.

The only 4 years in 32 I didnt grow crops. But I got out in 1996, in Cali, right before Prop 215 passed. We smoked some dank in Cali :)

The FIRST thing I bought when I got out was an HPS, and havent looked back since. And if it werent for Opengrow and the good dudes on here through the years, Id never be online or breeding for the masses. The more seeds came, the more breeding I did.

And, here we are.....

• Like 11

A pill that destroys to many people but is unfortunatley necessary for those in terminal and extreme pain. It has taken a lot of my friends too, along with meth and heroin. Those along with other pain medications and the ones they give for emotional issues.

• Like 2

@indibro

cool, but that means that this specific plant prof found and tested was this high in %'s.

not every single bean will grow into this and without this specific plant in use to make

seeds, these #'s can not be guaranteed in (anyone elses) BM Bx2-offspring ...

that's all i meant, mate ... no harm done, i hope B)

• Like 2

Its all good in da hood :)

Happy 420 fellers. Hope u aint smokin schwag this day...

As far as certain members bein just, well, we know...Its kinda like back in the day when Santero would post somethin n Rev would chime in. Maybe theirs didnt get as rough as my words, but hell, Americans are known to be real assholes. And I can take it pretty fn far lol...No harm intended, just brutal honesty.

Got a hook up on a RareDankness strain....So its a pretty fn good day at Indi's digs :)

Inquiring minds would love to know what Rare Dankness strains you have got your mitts on :-)

about the % of THC in testing:

it is the percentage of the thc in the gland, fellas :rolleyes2:

72 posts later, Lmao.

Say two people bring a one gram joint of some 15%thc and 30%thc respectively.

And lets say the first bud is 25% trichomes by weight, and the second bud is 10% trichomes by weight.

The first joint has more THC even if it consistently scores lower in testing.

Are there holes in this theory?

Assuming that's the case, these tests don't apply to anyone smoking buds, only to the hash or raw extracts from the strain, right?

• Like 1

I had a lovely strong stoned lee roy from r.d. But my cutting died........so did a small part of me :( sadface :(

Since it hasn't been spelled out, Oxycontin is a brand of oxycodone, an opiod. The US federal government has strongly discouraged doctors from over prescribing these but I've read this has contributed to the current heroin "epidemic".

Back to the main topic: I almost went shopping at a WA state recreational cannabis store for the first time yesterday but didn't feel like it. Bruce Banner is supposedly 29.2% THC. Menu: https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/have-a-heart-recreational-skyway/menu

Leafly list of strongest strains: https://www.leafly.com/news/strains/what-are-the-strongest-cannabis-strains

Yougsta, I may be wrong but I always believed it is percentage of THC per weight (usually a gram?) so if you are looking for thc, in this case trichomes would only be a part of the equation.

Like you can usually expect a weed full of trichomes to be strong but considering its THC this could not be the case because the trichomes are fullfilled mostly with other substances.

Comparing two weeds: (A) weed has 3x more trichomes than (B') weed but the trichome of the (B') is fullfilled with like 20x more in THC ---) 1 gram of B' will give you a more potent high.

My english isn't native so i may not be clear and I may not be right either because I havn't the science to support this.

72 posts later, Lmao.

Say two people bring a one gram joint of some 15%thc and 30%thc respectively.

And lets say the first bud is 25% trichomes by weight, and the second bud is 10% trichomes by weight.

The first joint has more THC even if it consistently scores lower in testing.

Are there holes in this theory?

Assuming that's the case, these tests don't apply to anyone smoking buds, only to the hash or raw extracts from the strain, right?

that's why testing is such thin ice and the numbers mean nothing, imo ...

break a bud in half and give it to two labs = they will bring in different results, lol.

this %-stuff to rate strains is stupid, imvho ... ( and gardenatus already said why ;) )

• Like 6

And Washington state just pulled the license of one of the testing labs here because they were not worth a shit.

• Like 1

It is a little "black and white" at the core of it...

A little like saying 'what would get you more drunk? A case of beer or a bottle of spirits? 10x joints of schwag or a joint of premo?" :)

Concentration vs volume.

Only when taking an equal amount (much alike gram/L in chemistry) can an accurate test be done.

Industry standards for results are getting better, but yes San, some results are given as 'overall compounds present'... this is how the are "fudging" results for CBD marketing ;)

A industry testing standard for material needs to be bought forward ie.

Concentrate - % per gram

Raw material -% per gram

This gives a better indication of trichome density and strength per bud :)

At the moment its still all marketing having fun with "30% Lab tested THC!" and "400% CBD!!!" lol

It was bad enough with seed vendors talking up strains for years, now this *shrugs* ;)

I think 'Gimme5mins' summed it up pretty good.

His friend smoked some White Widow that apparently only 12% and knocked him over.

Even if its only 12% on paper, anyone that knows the white family and resin it produces... that's a whole lot of trichomes to be huffing down per gram of material *_*

• Like 2

..when a friend got busted back then some of the weed was tested at 17 % by police lab. it was k2 when i remember right..the weed was grown half indoor - half outdoor in the summer, pretty weird grow actually. i think some nice rates for beginning experiments..his hash was tested at 45%...

• Like 2

What is funny, the only reason people believe this stuff incorrectly is because they want too. They tend to feel they benefit by the good numbers and feel attacked almost personally during a discussion on the topic. Pay no attention to these behaviors as they serve not the discussion but the perceived hurt perspective of the writer.

The want tends to outweigh the reality of an issue. Generically this is an emotional based behavior that tends to affect many aspects of a person. This is typically seen in politicians trying to remain relevant to obtaining attention.

I see realistic thc testing value in this way.

• To track/evaluate the quality of your growing environment to light to nutrition. Like I said, send same material to different labs, good luck getting same numbers but you can get a good range of estimation.
  • What I recommend is not doing that, what i recommend is sending a variety of samples (from same plant, same crop, various position under lighting if indoors and not try to game it, to the same company.
  • So take samples from top, middle and bottom from plants at the outer edge and middle of light footprint.
  • Review those samples and use to better dial in your nutritional plans and environmental setting.

I do not recommend getting caught up in the numbers. You are looking for changes in those numbers so that you can make adjustments to your growing.

This is test in my opinion is misused for marketing. I get many requests for opinions on so called famous clones. I assure you, if it exist, it is not the one at the dispensary or a grow shop. You will get good version but that is going to about it. These request are typically associated with hyped strains with a tagged lab report of a high %. I just laugh and tell people to make a good personal selection, you will find better.

No one is going to truly give out easily polyhybrid type of clones, you are not getting that award winning cut but a selection that is likely a good selection but not the tested plant. I know people will post some "evidence" that shows so called test results of some clones but dont you easily believe that from business advertising and documents.

If I was going to take a test seriously right now to determine a good value estimate of the plant in terms of THC I would take the average of a test from top, middle and bottom sections from a few plants in the grow. Show me one who does this? It is because it is not about reality but marketing for most for either money or chest thumping. I also get mails about high thc strains not being so great, that is because what they are smoking is not that high thc label plant specifically.

I have no issue with testing itself if used correctly. Otherwise it sad to comical to watch people being manipulated in such a way and if they did due diligence in truly researching the strains they have interest, they might not of went that way. Testing will not go away nor diminish but I hope for better ethics in its use.

Note: I am not speaking ill on those who grew a plant, had it tested and have pride in that test. I do not feel it is wholly representative of your plant in entirety but it is a nice feather to see good numbers. I am not trying to diminish the pride someone may have in their numbers but I offer a true solutions to get a more accurate view of what the plant and more actually represents.

Just like toyota did with diesel engines. Testing used for marketing is no different and high numbers are gold. Too bad reality is often different.

What I have said above, is why in part I say most people have not seen an 18% plant.

• Like 1