•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

ledfoot

Some WA State Recreational Bud

People in other locations are probably curious what the goods look like in a Washington state recreational cannabis store. I visited one for the first time today, they were still running the 4/20 sale so I got 20% off four items. Two eighths and three quarters (an once in total) cost $274 out the door.

I haven't smoked anything in a couple of months and need to dig out my smoking gear but here are my first impressions. Nothing amazing, stuff looks like the medical dispensary bud that seems to have been tumbled for kief. Perhaps the automatic trim machines contribute to this appearance. The Amnesia Haze has a soft spicy smell and Dirty Girl has a whiff of underarm but nothing else has much odor.

In alphabetical order:

Amnesia Haze

gallery_6205_5419_138207.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_60898.jpg

Cinex

gallery_6205_5419_299638.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_231071.jpg

Dirty Girl

gallery_6205_5419_300671.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_31540.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_143186.jpg

OG Wreck, label reads Indica 60%, Sativa 40%

gallery_6205_5419_78093.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_210411.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_7061.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_104609.jpg

Super Silver Haze, supposedly packed under nitrogen

gallery_6205_5419_158362.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_203496.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_211011.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_151531.jpg

• Like 14

I enjoy seeing Dirty Girl!

• Like 2

(know what you are talking about Hempy- hehe) but...that may be the same "dirty girl" I know. Trainwreck X Cindy 99 maybe? :) My cut had tight nugs considering the stated parent strains, one clue to the name game. My flower was mostly flavorless with a bit of herbal lemon and had a spacey up antidepressant kinda high. One of my wife's 2 yrs ago faves. She only has 3 or 4 nugs left. Decent weed with about 5 good hits from a jay and ur soarin. Got some from a dispens. in The Couv while back to compare and it was the same thing as mine- just didn't taste as good and not cured out. thanks for sharing

-P

• Like 1

According to leafly.com: "Dirty Girl is a sativa-dominant cross of a Trainwreck hybrid, known as Arcata Lemon Wreck, and Cinderella 99. The combination produces a tropical aroma of pineapples and citrus fruit with a sharp pungent note reminiscent of Pine Sol. The flavor of Dirty Girl is like sweet lemon candy and the effects it produces are happy and creative. Dirty Girl will elevate your mood and help avoid the complications of depression, anxiety, and migraine headaches."

Well the Super Silver Haze is not very Super. The high is good and what I'm looking for--a relaxed energy. It has a nice mild haze smell. The package says it was hand trimmed and it looks like it because the red hairs poke out. However, this sample is hermie weed. It's no wonder why this product was on the shelf so much longer than the other strains I bought. I hacked bad on the one bong toke of SSH. Coughing the first bong bowl after taking a break is normal for me but I was still coughing after dinner (thought I might puke). I had my suspicions when the bud was breaking up into nodules and then I found an actual hard proto seed:

gallery_6205_5419_10434.jpg

Update: Just had an Amnesia Haze bong hit with no coughing. Nice haze taste on the exhale. Glad I only bought an eighth of the SSH. Lights are on--time to tend the garden.

• Like 3

very interesting ledfoot. they all looked good to me..lol

wish I could start buying good bud ..

soon I will have to as I don't think I can do this much longer.

keep it green

• Like 1

I had a bong of the OG Wreck before I went to bed last night. It was good but can't think of any distinguishing characteristics. The first thing this morning, I loaded a slide (bong bowl) of the Super Silver Haze. The nodules were carefully rubbed individually to get the good stuff off and I discarded the hard centers, probably losing a third of the product by weight. It was STILL fucking harsh although it was a good high for four hours.

Then I loaded my first bowl Dirty Girl. Well, it's not harsh but dammit I sorted out two hard proto seeds that "ping" as they bounce off a steel desk.

gallery_6205_5419_28973.jpg

It's possible I don't know what I'm looking at. Breaking up a bud of Cinex, it has the structure of some hybrids I've seen before--chunks of hard pale matter that add bulk and weight but I don't believe contain cannabinoids. The toke wasn't too bad, the high was unexceptional after having smoked earlier.

• Like 1

2 of the strains had seeds in it...not such a good rate, isn't it? oO fucked up for this price u paid. the bud itself is looking quite nice though...

all in all are u happy with the purchase?

greetz

• Like 1

It makes me feel glad I'm growing my own stuff and I figured out my own hermi problem. The vibe is good at the rec store but I don't plan to go back anytime soon. It was what I expected, stuff with good visual bag appeal. The menu appears to be updated frequently on Leafly but it is not real-time inventory. I had a shopping list of strains that are available in seed form (elsewhere) but they were sold out except for the Super Silver Haze. A pity the SSH is so harsh; it has a long lasting high.

So I smoked up the last of my ounce this morning. I saved some Super Silver Haze for last, it has the best high. Second place high goes to Amnesia Haze and AH was the best tasting smoke with no hermies at all. The OG Wreck had hard bits in the middle and the Cinex and Dirty Girl were actually bad. The SSH was just a little bit hermied, really not bad. All varieties suffered from being overly dry.

Final results:

gallery_6205_5419_29236.jpg

Edit to add my smoking rig, I also use a brass fittings pipe sometimes.

gallery_6205_5419_2560.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, what a rip. Like getting a bag of seeds in high school in the early 70's. I would surely email them that pic and ask if they would like you to do the reviews online. :thumbsdown:

Bet they send you a gift card for next time.

I've had okay luck in Colorado. No seeds at all. Most commercial purchases lacked in smoking flavors many times, though. That was probably bought through around 4-5 dispensaries in different towns.

Recently I tried a new place that sells only organic and it's pretty well off the charts compared to the regular stuff. First trip I spent more on the upper grade and it is the way to go. This last time I bought mid grade and it was great but not as powerful. Lots and lots of terpenes though. Finally a pleasure to hit it good. I won't have any HG for two months so it's cool to hit a bunch of different strains and get some proper grown smoke. It was really a pretty good price for what I got and I learned to just go ahead and pay the extra $20 or so for the upper grade and enjoy as it's worth it.

Upper grade was around $108-$118 a quarter. You can now buy full ounces in any one shop at a time in Colorado. Wide open. Cheaper the more you buy, and most give at least a 10% discount for one thing or another... new customer, Veteran, student, etc... everybody, lol Cheaper for med cardholders and, some honor other states cards. Locals get better deals, too. At least they used to in the other towns I was in last year. Chemdawg #4 and Deathstar were AAA+ and my top buys so far.

Thanks for the report. I lived there in WA many many years ago. Always wondered how the scene was shaking out.

• Like 1

I went back to the rec store before my SAGE crop came in and I was happier the second time.

Don't want to gloat but it sure is good to live in a cannabis legal state. A stolen commercial vehicle was dropped off next to my place and a patrolman and detective were processing it for evidence when I got home from grocery shopping. Put my stuff away, went upstairs, had a huge bong hit and blew it out the window. Oh yeah, forgot the cops were standing in the driveway below--it was just a non-factor.

I bought some more Amnesia Haze; I'm going to grow something hazey next.

gallery_6205_5419_44243.jpg

Two brands of Jack Herer. This one has small buds but I liked it a little better.

gallery_6205_5419_64772.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_4299.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_4064.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_35152.jpg

I wonder if Jack's estate gets a royalty for the use of his likeness.

gallery_6205_5419_65588.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_16071.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_41083.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_36406.jpg

Sour Diesel

gallery_6205_5419_17167.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_14879.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_19429.jpg

My favorite for smell, absolute body rush from smelling the bag: Strawberry Mango Haze

gallery_6205_5419_39643.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_49120.jpg

Space Queen.

gallery_6205_5419_5762.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_46894.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_79535.jpg

This is the first Sweet Tooth I've tried. I didn't really sense euphoria that is sometimes attributed to this strain.

gallery_6205_5419_20774.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_3233.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Very cool!

It is a beautiful thing to be able to stroll into a dispensary and shop the strains. I was able to hit Cinder in Spokane valley one time, that was the first time I stepped into a shop and man it was epic! lol beautiful blond gal smiling behind the counter and the smell of fresh bud the second you walk in, I think I heard harp music in my head, and she could tell by my grin it was my first time in a shop. lol

Snagged an eigth of Gods Gift and it was excellent. It was trimmed up tight like that too, but rock solid nugs.

Great pics, and definitely a nice assortment, minus the duff strains and seeds hahaa thats shitty.

• Like 4

I rarely see people comment about early stage hermi weed. I've recently completed a SAGE grow that was low stress during flower but shit, I've only seen one seed but tons of what I call "proto seeds". It takes me a long time to fill a bong bowl, rubbing the good green bits off of the hard white center.

The Space Queen was like that. This group seemed to have more moisture in the bud (in a good way) and the Panda Jack Herer was actually close to a jar RH % in the upper 50's, I'd guess.

The menu of cannabis products at the bigger stores is truly impressive. Yesterday, I almost bought some kief (trim machine residue, I guess). Instead, I decided to go to Home Depot and spend my money on a quality battery powered lawn trimmer. Although the website showed my two preferred models as being in stock, they were out. Fuck it, I mailed some cash to Sannie for Boudica and Sugar Punch seeds this morning.

https://www.leafly.com/dispensary-info/have-a-heart-recreational-skyway/menu

• Like 3

Does the smoke come all pre-packaged? Colorado has small shelf jars with sniffing vents and once you tell them what and how much, they package it from larger jars and over weigh it by a bit. An eighth weighs out at 3.58g from the place I go now. All my bud from the organic shop has been very well kept and the perfect moisture content. Some of the other shops are not the same.

I'm surprised people aren't raising hell enough to get them to buy their wholesale elsewhere. It's like buying craft beer for me. At $10-15 a six pack I get real pissed if it hasn't been handled and stored properly (which is more common than not). I like IPA and the hops fade in 3 months if it's kept cold, and real fast if kept hot.

Did you mention the seed issue to the dispensary? Curious as to their explanation.

That SAGE sounds good (except for the seeds), had to look it up. Where did your beans come from?

Hey I just noticed I gave prices above of $108-118 for an eighth of upper grade but I meant a quarter oz. ooops

WOW, I just went you menu link. That's insane. They're just buying everything in the world and warehousing it WalMart style I guess.

That would explain the pre-package. Shop I visit is about 14-18 choices + oils and edibles. I guess the demand is strong in the big city!

Sniffing vents, LOL, no we don't have that in the rec stores. Licensed processors seal the containers and everything is tracked by the state with bar codes. In the old days of dispensaries, you could smell it and often be offered a toke. True medical users have been so screwed by the rec regime.

The prices listed at leafly.com include all taxes. Excise tax on cannabis is 37% on top of state and local sales taxes of almost 10%--so that's 47% taxation! People registered on the state medical list are excused from sales tax--but not the 37% tax.

I don't follow the business tiers involved but they can put together whatever packaging they want as long as it's not over an ounce. Notice that one of the eighths I pictured weighs 3.6 grams (I think the store could sell you eight of these and the overage would slip through the cracks.)

I bought most of my S.A.G.E. seeds from seedsman. Yield is good. I've slammed TH Seeds in the past for hermies when it was my own fault (window light leak) but I'm still not happy.

At the dispensary, I didn't mention what I thought of the bud quality. I suspect other people aren't bothered by proto seeds like I am. Cannabis tar builds up in my lungs and I believe the seeds are high in oil from a young age (but maybe not--damn harsh for sure).

The place does a land office business (busy) and they can analyze sales with a computer to see what doesn't move. I indirectly let management know what I thought about their bud quality when I showed them my leafly.com review (good for 25% off).

• Like 2

You can't really go wrong with Boudica and Sugar Punch. Don't be surprised if it ends up being twice as good as WA dispensary bought product.

I ran 2 packs of H.D.F. from T.H. Seeds before their original switch to fem. It was memorably good weed with an indica thump.

• Like 1

I stuck some Sugarpunch in a store bag I had as a prank, and it was the cause of much confusion.

It was like opening a beer and finding out it's really vodka.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm still more disappointed than not with my rec store purchases. I purchased three Artizen 1g prerolls last summer, rated from 14% to 19%, and did not get high at all. Smoked one at a time, the Blue Dream tasted like straw, the Juicy Fruit tasted fairly good and the Dutchberry tasted delicious.

Earlier this month, I decided to try a concentrate. This stuff doesn't really get my high. The most effective use is as a fire starter for my S.A.G.E. bud (which it doesn't need). The wax didn't seem waxy at all, more of a grease consistency. It tasted a bit like Thai or fresh blond Lebanese but the after taste made me think of moldy bud.

Note the discrepancy between the front label and back for %; this cost $35 including tax.

gallery_6205_5419_12224.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_91853.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_76244.jpg

gallery_6205_5419_76894.jpg

This is disappointing because Liberty Reach had the Strawberry Mango Haze bud that I dearly loved.

I'm also disappointed with the Genius Pipe, the bowl is too wide for a good draw. The dab stone is OK but not that great with either a Bic or a torch, mainly because of the draw.

gallery_6205_5419_826855.jpg

• Like 3

to bad about the wax, what i got was that lighter tan-yellowish color crumble, it was excellent . yes, this dude made it from his tumble weed. bio diesel & bubba k = both were fire, and the tumble weed end product was very good, especially the bio diesel .

yes, tumble weed looks different. but what i saw u post didn't have the look of tumble weed imho. the tumble weed i got was very good, though didn't have the normal shiny bag appeal . smoked good, and tasted good though .

dispensary bud was excellent imho, only thing it was too dry.flavor was very good, stone/high, bag appeal all the various types were as they should have been, price was right too. about to vape a small nug of the chem 4 , shit is almost gone so that's why the vape will be used lol. I'm not that stupid rofl.

ok so i'm not going to vape the chem 4 now. turns out what i put in a small bowl from the last vape session which had that crumble in it has gotten me zoinked for real . i want to just take a nap, and think i will after i eat this yard bird lol. yeah nap, and then go visit a lady in the hospital. she's nice, loves dogs with a perfect booty looks like a 20 yr old booty no joke. rofl

holy shit, the familiar pure white smoke of hash . behind the eyes, without making them close, but if you just chill or don't think about shit the eyelids just want to close . moving your head causes that damn this shit is powerfully wonderful lol.

enjoy ur puff, when u buy shit that is just ok, make butter with it, the cookies will taste a lot better trust me. :wave:

• Like 1

Hey ledfoot, thank you for posting up about your finds.

My wife and I was going to run out to Colorado, sample some legal buds, and dash back.

However, so many hotels and motels were non smoking, no cafes, like no cool places to spark up.

So we kind of lost interest going out there.

Since Washington state a one of the few I've never visited, we started looking out that way for the coming year sometime.

I'd also like to shake hands with the Soldiers Of Destiny scooter club, out of Seattle.

They raised money riding 125 cc scooters, down to florida, then back, for the 2016 Scooter Cannonball Run.

Again, thank you for the report man, it really helps us.

Washington state has a multi-multimillion dollar opportunity for tourism with cannabis as part of the offerings. I wish I had the funds to determine a reliable farm to recommend right now. I asked for suggestions at another site and got some names but I've never seen them on the menus in my city. There are a lot of legal suppliers in WA right now.