•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

ledfoot

Some WA State Recreational Bud

Hey ledfoot, thank you for posting up about your finds.

My wife and I was going to run out to Colorado, sample some legal buds, and dash back.

However, so many hotels and motels were non smoking, no cafes, like no cool places to spark up.

So we kind of lost interest going out there.

Since Washington state a one of the few I've never visited, we started looking out that way for the coming year sometime.

I'd also like to shake hands with the Soldiers Of Destiny scooter club, out of Seattle.

They raised money riding 125 cc scooters, down to florida, then back, for the 2016 Scooter Cannonball Run.

Again, thank you for the report man, it really helps us.

one place that has the goods, and is easy to get to sells g's for 20$ = rec . for medical g's it's 10$ g's yes, that sucks especially if u see what's on the menu. but the sister dispensary for rec sales is strangely = to their med prices . how the fuck that makes sinse i don't know. check ur inbox . i can see if there are spots to blaze by asking a local if you want. if anyone knows he will .

I wasn't sure if you were talking about WA state, SPW. The dispensaries have essentially been stomped out by the implementation of the rec cannabis initiative. All a med card gets you now is forgiveness of 9.5% local tax--you still need to pay the 37% cannabis excise tax! You can grow four plants with a med card or six if you enroll in the state registry.

As an update, in summary: I'm fucking bitter.

My foot has a chronic injury now and I went to the stores a few times a month or two ago.  Tried CBD strains for the first time, I don't know if they helped my inflammation because I was on maximum label dosage of ibuprofen for a month.  CBD bud with layer of keif or bubble hash on top seemed like a good high.

There are no consistantly good brands of bud that I know of.  Something good one month is meh later on.  The bud is typically way over dried.  You can find decent THC levels at $20 for four grams but it is typically harsh.  Out of twelve "eighths" I purchased, only two had sufficient moisture to allow any curing to happen at all.  Two eighths tasted of MOLD.  I purchased a variety of the $5/gram offerings as well as the "top shelf" by price.  Price is not a good indication of satisfaction with the product.

Extracts would seem to be the way to go but . . .the Regulator Xtracts brand of sugar waxes sent up big plumes of black smoke--not a good feeling.  I forgot the brand but one concentrate gave me a huge hit of propane/butane.

Kief can be decent; house blend of indica, hybrid, or sativa sells for $15 a gram.  They all have about the same high for me, though.  Last year, I found a hash ball that was remarkably like the mid quality imports from decades ago.  I haven't had that experience since then; I paid $80 for an eighth of meh recently.

I no longer vape so I don't have an opinion about the cartridges, etc.

Oh, and I was not pleased with the store that says "100% pure cannabis" in their marketing when they sell Soulshine brand bud that has been sprayed with oils of rosemary, sage, and I forget what else.

Edit: I forgot to mention, most of the bud has what I call proto seeds but not as bad as my pics above.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I would look for an all organic shop and/or clean green certified,,, or something like that. There is so much super bullshit out there from inexperienced people producing it. Colorado make them list anything extra in the grow process if not organic. I forgot and bought some happy hour bud at a shop I had gone in for something else. I forgot they weren't organic and when I got home I almost puked at reading the label and the list of bullshit they threw at their grow. Just from the stupid ingredients you could tell they had no clue. They used all the fanboy shit with the cool art on their packages, and crazy names. I may still have it around here. I'd love to post that to show people what you're dealing with when other people grow your herb. Stick with the all natural places. They will amaze you... and cheap now, too.

• Like 1

Excellent. It'll put a lot more prestige into the industry. It'll be the best thing they did. We have at least two that are full organic. Their bud is always tasty and sometimes I get blown away.

peace

• Like 1

I hear a lot of different reviews on dispensaries here, course right now we are kind of winging it lol. But they had a lot of complaints lately here of patients getting sick. Never been to one myself, but been to Farmers markets, it all smells like hay lol

• Like 2

Dang ledfoot 

I really really thought med growers would just want to do this, or grow this way, as it is for patients. 

My wife and I have over the years removed as many chemicals from our daily use, as we can, and do NOT miss any of them as the naturals work wonders.

One simple example, my granddaughter, recently had her first child. She is *now* aware of all the chemicals we surround ourselves with, as her baby, got a skin rash, and I told her it was her detergent, and gave her a set of BioBalls, you toss into the washer, and forget the detergent. The balls change the PH of the water, and that is what cleans your clothes. Should you have some hard worn, dirty items toss in a 1/4 cup of detergent as an aid for that load. For the dryer, add alpaca balls, and never buy dryer sheets again!

I also told her about antiperspirant chemicals, we spray under our arms, and inches away from your heart, so we do not smell sweat?? That just makes me giggle a bit, as we use a stick of Thai Salt and one stick, lasts about 4-5 years, and you only apply it once in a while. The salt kills the bacteria that makes the sweat smell. If you use it to often, you may see a few red bumps. Simply wait longer between applications. For $5.00 over 4-5 years, yeah that's a deal.

Now that I made the jump from the simple security of bottle nutrients for boxes of natural organic supplements, with some dinosaur vomit, the weed is a far better finished product.  I just really hoped we could be,we would be better, growing stewarts than the corporate type growers that simply see a bottom line for all decisions.

• Like 2

Wow, I like that Webe! I never heard of those things. I have to try that. Once you start thinking about useless chemicals that are forced on us for convenience, you start seeing them everywhere. 90% are probably not needed. 

Any chance you have a link to anyplace that could help get you started, like removing simple things we use daily... ? I'd love to start that journey as well. I have a long time ago, but not super serious. Just painfully aware and I avoid the easy things.

Good on you and you wife!! The world breathes a little better because of just you two! Awesome!

peace

• Like 1

What MrG said. A recipe/link to your dinosaur vomit would be greatly appreciated. Sounds like a great way to use veggie scraps in the winter when the compost barrel is inactive.

• Like 2

Oh damn, I did not see these replies, I am sorry.

I first got educated about poor food quality, back around 1980. My son was born on May 20 1980, by the summer, something did not look right about him. Upon a check up, the doc was concerned about his body was not growing properly, and he started to ask us what and how and when we feed him. 

The doc was leaving the profession, he was very direct, very forthright, and very unforgiving concerning the AMA and how it was changed during his time as a new doctor to where he was back then. He in fact, told me point blank, to stay away from standard medicine practices as he felt, some THING has changed, and it /is not to be trusted the way they sell it to be. He gave me a list of books to read talking about plants and nutrition. Books about food processing, and what is done to it. How they created so much Franken Food, that the human body, is no longer able to discern organic proteins to manufactured ones. Now looking around at today's world, he may have been correct.

Ultimately, we spent Christmas and New Years, in Intensive Care, with our son, and they said it was Cystic Fibrosis, and the outcome was going to be bleak at best for him. However, it was not the case, it turned out to be a NOW simple milk allergy, but it was so rare back then and unlooked for. 

So all was well for us, BUT, now I did not trust much of anything being spouted  in the USA. 

That was how it started for me, just searching for truth, and it is in VERY VERY short supply in America. Business can out and out lie to you, and when folks get bitched up from it, the courts will take their side. Corporations are just another type of Mafia, to squeeze money, anyway possible, and then to be up held as some grand design for the betterment of humanity...it's a grand illusion. You know, like politicians care about you and your well being.

Dinosaur vomit, was coined by a lady in the midwest, in a comment section of the VitaMix website. Back after my ma, passed away, I got her VitaMIx, and very powerful blender. So I was looking to purchase a new blender vessel,  and since mine was quite a few years older, I was reading in the comments section, looking for comments about others replacing theirs.

I read one about a lady, using a second vessel, to grind up kitchen scraps to make faster compost!! MIND BLOW IDEA!! So very  very simple, why did I not think of it!!

I thought pouring nasty ground up veg matter, around the base of our outdoor plants, would be hideously ugly, and it is for a couple of hours, but the next day, it looks like nothing really, some drying up veg matter.

So now all these years later, I brought it indoor, and my hula girls were DV'ed, and now I'm running a cycle with out it...and it's going back in ASAP! It works wonders with all the beneficial organisms I add. I'm seeing about a 1/3 less plant size this run and the only variable I changed was no DV.

So that is my blahblahblah!! 

scrap bucket weeks worth.JPG

2 cups water.JPG

fill about 2 thirds full.JPG

it all gets ground down.JPG

ready to use.JPG

fresh hurl.JPG

fresh hurl in compost barrel.JPG

Edited by webeblzr
forgot something
  • Like 2

Thank you for the post. I just looked up dinosaur vomit and I apologize for being lazy and relying on a response instead of using my own fingers. Google can be your friend when it come to information, eh?

Simple enough, puree your veggie and fruit scraps, water plants with said puree.

• Like 1

Yeah, I didn't know it went right on to the plants. That's easy. I thought it sat and fermented a little like bokashi or something. 

I like those compost barrels, too. Do you just lay them on the ground and roll them? I'm going to be upping my organic and homemade items this year for sure.

Thanks Webe. It's aways good to see how others do it!

peace

• Like 1