•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

StankyDank30

Bros grimm...are they legit?

Obviously im not speaking there original genetics. But while shopping at rockey mountain seed bank i noticed they imply they are using the exact clones mother genetics ect... as before.

Can anyone verify this?

Mr Soul says they used the original female plants, for example the Princess cut for C99, and then did a selection for a suitable male from plants grown from the original seed batches. Guess it just depends if you believe him or not. I don't know anything about his motivations or him as a person but I believe him myself.

Yea i hear ya. Im reaching out to my fellow og peeps because bro grimm was long gone by the time i hit the genetics scene. This summer will only be my 9th year growing.

They are pricing there seeds just like every other fucking asshole tho. So i will wait untill some og members do something with his gear before pulling the trigger.

Cuts thanks for your input brother. I have c99 and apollo but theres one strain he crossed a male vortex to genus. If you digg further back in the linage one will see this should be a stable ass quick sativaish genetic.

Fk it, grabbing shackzilla fem seeds from the shop. Havent had good haze in a while

• Like 1

Supposedly Bros Grimm is making a come back, the dude says he still has the origional cuts of all his strains. If so Id say its weaker that what we are used to but who knows until its really released?

• Like 2

I think this is how it works most old breeders guaranteed have old seed stock dating back 20 years its a real shady business when money can be had ,

Want to know something true how to insure you never see a good friend again lend him a 100 bucks haha ..

Anyways some of these breeders i think once in a while will start up old stock cross it with a new hybrid call it what ever shandies acres or bubba Gump lol and put it to market just saying

which i think is the case for Grimmdica old school hash plant crossed with Afghanistan male and like there apollo they had nice gear resin filled short flowering times etc

its a weird story they just up and vanished maybe busted >> ??? ? i dunno

i first met them i guess on a site called canibus.com sly and soul that is where they got there popularity

I am looking forward if its true Dank

lots of people come and go some forgotten and some missed

there cinderella c 99 i ran long time ago out door strain was hermi proof and people went nuts over it

This what you're talking about? I've read several places they were making a comeback in Colorado.

I'd bounce around the net, not likely someone's going to rip off their name in Colorado, IMO, that's bad pot karma. There's enough good people, Bohdi, Eskobar, Subcool, that use C99/Apollo Grimm stock, the genetics are out there.

http://www.brothersgrimmseeds.com/?age-verified=f33c41c438

Naa diesil, im not thinking someone is using there name, i am asking if any fellow og members can varify they are the true blue ORIGINAL genetics. Or is it possible these are back crosses. Or s1 ect....

But i just read some descriptions from them and they sound genuin to me. They emphasize having true stable regular seeds only, no fems because they dont want any chance of a herm prone strain ect... So time will tell.

Maybe he is doing the cross to vortex to strengthen his older stock because they weakend over time like indy suggest.

I hope you guys test them out for me :) Ive been getting kinda spoiled latley and $150 for 10 seeds just to test them is not my thing no more

Plus as indy said, we have c99 and apollo anyway

Yo bagwell. Thanks for the input bro. I hope you plan to switch up your circle if your homeboy wont even pay back a lousy $100 ... But i get what your saying

Thanks peeps for the responses. If anyone stumbles across this and has info share please

The C99's I'm running from Indy right now come from grimm Grimm stock Im told. They appear nice, Ill let you know how they turn out........

• Like 1

Well, I am interested to see how they do today in the current cannabis environment which is radically different than before.

I would like to see lower prices for a pack of seeds. about $15.00 a seed is kinda a dick move but I wont throw stones at what someone can get for their work but it will be difficult for them to convince me its not a suckers play until the quality of their is appropriately illustrated and accepted with merit. With that said, I understand the frustration they might have had seeing so many people making money off their genetics from past works and wanting their money moment as well.

It would be very difficult to prove that they managed to keep the parents alive all these years, especially if they were truly out of the scene for many of these years. I would tend to believe they did new selections based on their old seeds they still had from orignals, F2 maybe and selected strong parent phenos and then worked them. I do not accuse or state that is what happened, just discussion.

Frankly, I see nothing wrong with that but I would state it if that was the case. Otherwise, if they are saying they kept the parents, that is a difficult thing to satisfy in way people will believe it. Very possible but bold statements often requires acceptable proof. With that said, I am more interested in new lines they might work. Most often when famous things come into play, I am more interested in the next thing rather than yesterdays work, generically speaking.

I hope to see good things from them with a great future but I fear its more of a branding/name cost thing than a current proven seed library but as I said, I speak in discussion of the issue. I would not believe they would send out shit but I have no idea and I have interest in how the strains stack up to more of the favorites of today.

I see it as a yesterday meets today and looking forward to new works but naturally skeptical of stories.

• Like 4

The story if I remember right, they got real paranoid around 2004 and disappeared into the abyss. The strains were held til now. IDK if its really the old stock or clones, I guess if released soon theyll get snagged up cuz of the reputation. Youll never see my ass paying $150 for 10 seeds. Id say 4 packs for that price is just about right lol.. Shit, I wish U fools would throw me $150 for a pack lol... Shit, I paid that 1 time for SAGE, and sage turned out to be the shittiest in my garden at that time. Shit was pure sativa, def not Afghani-Sativa equilibrium

• Like 4

It does seem a little stretched but even f2 with there own strong selections would be great bud i guess.

Im just a grower tho not breeder. So idk

Indy youll be getting what your seeds are worth one these days brother, all the rest of us will be like "Dam remember the opengrow days" lol

• Like 2

Same, my sage took forever and streched like fek, had to tie it sideways in the end. It was a pain in the grass!

• Like 1

I chopped sage at like 14 weeks, werent done, but I was with em lol..Whispy long buds, looked like fuckin hemp. They were straight from THSeeds too, the fux...

After thinking about what a rip sage was and WEAK, Id probably not really want those old grimm strains as bad as I wouldve.

• Like 2

I can offer one observation here......Mr. Soul begged another forum member a cut of "The Grail" C-99. This on another forum I belong to. Well, he got a cut alright, so I'm of the opinion that he doesn't have ANY of his old genetics. This particular C-99 REALLY comes from Grimm Stock., and is highly sought after. He's kept a Mom for years.

Think twice before shelling out $150 for his beans. He also stated that he would give out beans for test runs...It NEVER happened!

Things that make you go HHHMMNNNNN........

• Like 9

The story if I remember right, they got real paranoid around 2004 and disappeared into the abyss. The strains were held til now. IDK if its really the old stock or clones, I guess if released soon theyll get snagged up cuz of the reputation. Youll never see my ass paying $150 for 10 seeds. Id say 4 packs for that price is just about right lol.. Shit, I wish U fools would throw me $150 for a pack lol... Shit, I paid that 1 time for SAGE, and sage turned out to be the shittiest in my garden at that time. Shit was pure sativa, def not Afghani-Sativa equilibrium

Thousand of people bought SAGE seeds because of HD and LIMBO youtube movie...but that SAGE is totally different from TH-seeds

HD SAGE was able to finish right in 8 weeks from clone!!! with rockhard, almond, pine smell

Only people who still might have the true SAGE genetix is ESKOBAR..who got is for reservation as a back up from HD

When I asked Eskobar why he dont sell seeds from SAGE.. he told me he didn get the right for it from HD.

Anyhow.. DripandWet got some old sage seeds.. but I dont remeber for the end result.

• Like 3

Question-Do seed banks preserving strains for decades keep ONE original mother/Father plant, or do they just keep cloning them forward, and what would be the difference in genetic preservation?

"I would tend to believe they did new selections based on their old seeds they still had from orignals,"

Not to mention a bad word, but isn't this what Reeferman claims on his comeback? His stuff used to be the shit, now that it's back, mostly bad reviews and blogs. Love me some Willie Nelson though.

I got laughed at in Colorado for asking for AK47 and C99, as the cute pot girl giggled, "Oh, you like the really old timey stuff?" Matter of fact, yeah, I do! I think it's better.

I personally believe we at the point of "mush" in genetics and THC content. As Grimm points out, there are so many hybrids crossed without any serious thought to what they wish to accomplish. It's like the wine explosion of the past 30 years, lots of great ones, but they all get you drunk about the same, lol.

I'd gamble $150 on genetics I wanted all day long, after doing some homework, IF I want the genetics in my library, and I'd certainly pay $150 for a Sannies Jack(shhhhhh!!!). Sensi Jack was $230 American. If he's the real breeder, he's selling his reputation, wouldn't be in his best interest to jeopardize that.

Heading there in June, and glad you shared this, as I will definitely be looking up some C99, and hope to find some original Acapulco Gold while there, but I don't hold my breath on that one.

Peace.

From my research,and some others here that are big Grimm fans, Mr Soul has said SOME of the original genetics are still in play, others are recreations of originals from old seed stock. Take it fwiw. IMO for the money you could probably do as well pheno hunting from lots of other sources.

• Like 2

This whole reboot is a sketchy operation, as Snookster already pointed out. There's a thread on IC Mag (yeah, yeah I know...) on what genetics mr Soul is using, and in many cases, they are not the original as claimed. Still, this character seemed to have an eye on what combinations would make good crosses, and he still might have. We'll know in a year or so if the rereleases are any good (as I already pointed out in another thread here, there will be plenty of clueless fans, so more than a few months from now are probably required for a proper assessment).

My advice if you want a fast sativa: Bangi Haze. Blows C99 out of the water (except for the taste, though BH is tasty).

• Like 5

Wow guys thanks for all this information. Good to know OG members got each others back in this shady wicked industry

Thanks guys

@mostly me, i had the banji haze in my basket but went with the desfran instead. No patticular reason i just know i like thai strains. Shes flowering now actually.

Ill check out the BH later on in the year at some point eventually tho thanks for the tip bro

• Like 1

With modern testings of DNA in strains. The true genetics will eventually be known and since anyone could send in testing material, the days of bull shit in the arena are coming to an end. I hope anyways.

Not that I care about stories and marketing but in terms of identifying lineage for a wide variety of reasons.

I think this is one of the testings that looks to shake up more things than most others. I think its great, especially as I "think" the results of DNA testing are not so easy to manipulate in the sample.

• Like 1

One would think that good breeders would in fact keep lots off original seed stocks in case of a disaster of some kind, not stating Soul has or has not >>????

Anytime things go online we must remember its social media and can be good or bad ,, For instance i know Stank bro's have cracked some old beans and are about to possibly do some things ,,

but again weekly there are new seed companies coming in some older ones can spread bad rep again social media is a amazin tool

At the end of the day we must realize these guys did make some good strains lets not truly count them out until someone that might purchase the mentions its good or bad Right

Anytime buying seeds there is a chance from purchase date that they never show up money thrown away or

you got seeds and they turned out hermie on you

we got c99 and apollo 13 beans out the ass....

and thanks to u Indy,,a lot of us have these..i for one do humbly appreciate it.

• Like 3

Ive personally never received bs seeds, or ordered and got ripped. As far as breeders keeping strains or backup, some do, but just as Sannie does, he makes f2, f3, etc...Thats not the same as F1s. Im not bad talkin sannie at all, just makin a point. And as we all know, people are dicks and rip off artists. A few of us have been ripped. Luckily you never put ur eggs into a single basket. U grow, make, make more, but if you get almost busted or busted, you'll know why strains get lost. Think about if u could keep a mom or dad alive 15 years with no fuck ups. Very hard to do in illegal areas

• Like 5