StankyDank30

Bros grimm...are they legit?

Nope no cheddar bro

Who are you

You are the expert on BrossGrimm

You can determine the work they have put in is reliable

You as a dope

You are a dope

Foothill farmer do you not know anything if you don't have respect for their work

Just so you know they have been working on RKS for sometime now

wow... just wow.

I apologize for suggesting that there might be a cheaper, more reliable option for rks... what was I thinking, trying to help someone out... smh. apologize for the input there guys.

I guess I better learn my place.

• Like 6

Naa foothills farmer, thanks very much for the advice. One lame responded negetive to it, but maybe 100 others will read your post and be greatful for the tip. So thanks brother

• Like 5

If you know anything about Bros. Grimm, you'd know that they've been SHUT DOWN since 2002. Duke Diamond didn't become a part of that brand till 2015. That said, tell me more about how long Bros Grimm have been working the RKS line that you heard about through an email from a guy you bought seeds from who buys seeds from someone who said so. :thumbsup:

Your what you seem to think is a tenure? here means jack shit if you contribute absolutely nothing but empty comments and hollow declarations of purchases and grows. Sack up, put up or just shut up dude. Talk is cheap and a pic is worth, well, not much from your direction at this point. I'm done mods, said my piece. @santero bro, if overstepped, I apologize, but fuck me dude... lol

two days i am not online ... *tsk* *tsk* :)

at least you guys have made up again, but ... *sheesh*

(NO ONE would be invited to any closed section behaving

like this, lol ... and i'd happily snipe away anyone engaging

the bad vibes, because THAT'S what makes everything really

unpleasant.)

please stick to the topic and POOL YOUR INFOS,

don't battle over stuff that is not yours anyhow ...

would be really embarrasing for the place if this thread is closed

down just becuase some are not ready to discuss like adults :whistle:

i took away all the parts of this discussion that do not have significance to the topic.

• Like 7

Why was the op never moderated but could call people out. Delete this if u wish but ive been watching since this guy first caused trouble with me but when i responded the topic was closed. No one modded him for talking about my parents indirectly or calling me a fucking idiot... whats happened to og. Thats why im here alot less... everyones biased. I guess you can play the nice guy after being an ass and people show love lol. Not me. Bye sd

bros grimm... nah. Too much crosses to play with

my 2 cents

best vybes

• Like 3

Question-Do seed banks preserving strains for decades keep ONE original mother/Father plant, or do they just keep cloning them forward, and what would be the difference in genetic preservation?

"I would tend to believe they did new selections based on their old seeds they still had from orignals,"

Not to mention a bad word, but isn't this what Reeferman claims on his comeback? His stuff used to be the shit, now that it's back, mostly bad reviews and blogs. Love me some Willie Nelson though.

I got laughed at in Colorado for asking for AK47 and C99, as the cute pot girl giggled, "Oh, you like the really old timey stuff?" Matter of fact, yeah, I do! I think it's better.

I personally believe we at the point of "mush" in genetics and THC content. As Grimm points out, there are so many hybrids crossed without any serious thought to what they wish to accomplish. It's like the wine explosion of the past 30 years, lots of great ones, but they all get you drunk about the same, lol.

I'd gamble $150 on genetics I wanted all day long, after doing some homework, IF I want the genetics in my library, and I'd certainly pay $150 for a Sannies Jack(shhhhhh!!!). Sensi Jack was $230 American. If he's the real breeder, he's selling his reputation, wouldn't be in his best interest to jeopardize that.

Heading there in June, and glad you shared this, as I will definitely be looking up some C99, and hope to find some original Acapulco Gold while there, but I don't hold my breath on that one.

Peace.

Fyi, if you buy a pack of Bodhi China yunnan from great lakes genetics you get a free 11 pack of Acapulco Gold (vintage). Not sure what vintage means here but i like bodhis taste and passion.

• Like 3

nice job on the editing, santero. makes a much better thread with out the discourteous and emotional stuff.

hope everyone can be a little more dude like and learn to take it easy. someone can only make you upset if you give them permission to. it's certainly preferable for everyone to be polite and respectful, but when that isn't the case it's a challenge to yourself to have the self control to keep a sense of humor.

stay green.

• Like 3

don, my friend :) you know you can always hit me up about anything and

i do my best to accomodate any unpleasant contributions with pleasure.

i just edited the thread (not editing or erasing the posts ... just making some

of them invisible) ... if there is anything i did not see, hint me to it, bro. and

chill plz, i'd not erase your critique, lol ... it is not out of place, mate.

_________

i was not online for two days and just stumbled over this because another member here

bumped me to the right direction ... whatever emotionally hurtful (virtual) situation can be

addressed to me directly, so i may be able to take care of it immediately in case it is very

important.

my apologies for not being able to respond to this whole ridicolous

thread-derail and stupid remarks in a more timely fashion, mates :doctor:

just as a reminder:

we are all not here to follow the bad vibes (i hope), so if there is people that annoy anyone

please set them on ignore and spare yourselves the emotional rollercoasters. don't forget,

you are sitting in front of a screen and had your day ruined by someone you don't know (?)

let me put it like D.O.G. put it in his wise signature:

gallery_2751_1567_4576.jpg

• Like 8

@foothillfarmer

After talking with San I can see how I owe you an apology

When I saw your first post telling me to save my cheddar I thought you essentially were telling me to sit down and shut up

I thought your reference to my cheddar was a slam at my post and therefore me as well

That being said I still can see my reaction was over the top

To the OG I also apologize for my over the top response

MrBreeze

• Like 8

@foothillfarmer

After talking with San I can see how I owe you an apology

When I saw your first post telling me to save my cheddar I thought you essentially were telling me to sit down and shut up

I thought your reference to my cheddar was a slam at my post and therefore me as well

That being said I still can see my reaction was over the top

To the OG I also apologize for my over the top response

MrBreeze

BIG misunderstanding :wtf2: and SERIOUS :grinning_respect: for doing that publicly.

I didn't mean to negate what you were trying to offer as a token my friend.

I realize in hindsight that I did exactly that and it was rude.

We're all on the same team here, regardless of our opinions and beliefs.

Fire in the Hole!

Bless

I forget that some of our brethren aren't up-to-date on various jargon so I'll make sure to clarify in situations like above.

• Like 6

I HAVE A CORRECTION TO MAKE...

It seems I had Mr. Soul all wrong. New information to me reveals that he def. gave out tester seeds to some peeps.

I talked about a subject that I shouldn't have....About a cut that I shouldn't have. It was totally out of beat by me, as I have never talked like this before.

I totally fucked up. And It was costly to me personally. Now...R his beans worth $150.00? Only you all can determine that. I just thought you all should know

Snook

• Like 3

Its ok, you stated what you believed and mistakes and shit happens. It is good to correct ones error. It is what should happen once proven wrong. As long as information stated was in good faith its all part of discussion.

Time has yet to allow the strains being released to known. Yea the price bites but its no biggie. Lots of great seeds out their and these are likely priced accordingly to brand type of name and such. It is a business, not a public service. I do not get upset about prices, especially with the quality of genetics available today at much lower price points.

Unless a breeder was to illustrate their process and if it was a process and direction of the strain I have interest I would more easily pay a high price for seeds. Otherwise, it is name branding you are paying for but this is just my view.

Now, I can see how people who have in past made strains that are widely used today getting into the business again and obtaining a best price point they can. They already earned it. The fact we may dislike the price is merely our personal view on it. The market will decide in the end and so be it. With so many options, it is not so big an impactive issue and is no difference to me than a clothing designer label compared to regular clothes.

Thanks for correcting your past views as they evolved. Open Grow functioning properly!

• Like 3

LOL wow, how'd I miss all that???? That woulda been awesome, like, on myspace in 2005...

Bros Grimm, Im told the genetics are different. Its just what I was told by some good friends out west. Same names, but different strains making up the names. I cant remember the exact strains he mentioned, but they were def different from the originals. Anyway, I aint spending $150 on 10 packs of seeds. Much less 1 pack.

• Like 2

whats odd for me is that around the internet as soon as the name brothers grimm is mentioned the claim that they still use the original genetics is right behind...sounds lime marketing and when i look at the prices i have a feeling that someone is a greedy mofo...i never tried the original strains nor the 'new' strains so i have no chance to compare but thats what i noticed... the feeling usually is right ;)

• Like 4

I put two "Sexbud" seeds from Female Seeds in the ground this week. It's C99 selected for a quick finish outdoors. Gimme5minutes was quite happy with it as was I with FS's own indoor C99 line. Very cheap, can't imagine the $150 packs would be worth the extra money.

• Like 1

Ehh its like anthing else. Like when I bought a Smith n Wesson, why? Cuz its better than a 45 Taurus. Marketing, name recognition, ol skoll shit we remember. $150 is too much for m pockets, but Im not lookin for old genetics. Im lookin for and to make new genes. C99 was the holy grail supposedly, but now we have GSC, GG#4, hell, Blue Magoo...All names that people are after. Wonder what 15 years from now if GG#4 is looked at as a fad like the older shit now :)

• Like 2

Indy, I believe the reason we put "the old shit" to rest was all the "good shit" that is present today.

I lost all my old shit and really have better stuff than I lost.

probably anything I have in my new collection, will out perform the old gear. I have 2 keepers that is as good as they get ,Thnks Indy.

take care all..good night

• Like 1

Need more proof. Go to a school reunion and see if you was better with the old stuff or new stuff? Old stuff is most often best in the old where it can keep its respect and shine.

In the current light of day, we might think different as we did then even with all things equal. All things perspective and subjective so take from it what one will.

• Like 1

Out of likes, but I agree bigun- I admittedly do like to throw down old and oldish breeds. And I still like to smoke me a lil Cindy too.

-no disrespect meant-

For what it's worth I was told by the man himself that he still holds the cuts, and original seeds from his past gear.

But who knows for sure...

alaskagrown

...is there no 'timeless' stuff for anyone of you?

greetz

Thought I was posting in a Sinister thread. my bad

I would love to grow Rosetta Stone, Apollo 11 and DTC99 honestly, as I never did. Hopefully Mr. Soul is the same guy with the same passion. Some of his creations are in so many plants I enjoy. cough cough cough genius cough cindy

make me believe :)

• Like 1

I forgot about this thread lol

Im Not going to grow BG. I will keep bodhi, mota, sannie and friends, my new man from michigan Happy Tree Genetics (very surprised how great his buds turned out) couple packs from OG members and testers but thats it, whats funny is some of my keeper strains come from small private breeding pojects from OG members lol

Like my death star cross, that shit is straight bomb, deadly potency 7 week flower time, high yields, crazy crazy crazy resin production, bright green buds bag appeal is amazing with heavenly dank aromas.

Anyway, basically what im saying is after my last few harvest ive learned real quick that the true dank is right here on ooen grow, plus bodhi mota and them.

I hope bros grimm do there thing and make money but i gotta stick with my OG crew cause we got that dank foreal over on this side of the fence.

Sannie set up quite an empire here and with his own forum too?!! I respect sannies hustle a great deal

Im sticking to what i know works. Thats all =)

• Like 1