•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
smilestyle

Malawi Gold smokereport

The taste and quality of the high can vary depending on when you pick. Picking early can give more high and less stone, and better aromatics. Aroma and taste usually peak before potency. Tropical Sativas are not like the hybrids most people grow. The finishing period for most strains is relatively short, but can last weeks for a sativa. Often the buds ripen at different times, with bottom buds being ripe as new buds are still forming at the top. If I had waited for orange pistils, my CoJam would have had no taste or smell. I have never encountered a plant that gains most of the potency at the end. The majority of THC is produced between day 40 and day 80 on a 100 day flo. By the time the pistils start to turn, you are usually 75-85% of max potency. This could mean a difference of 2-4% THC on a Sativa, and many people do not want to waste 2-3 weeks of grow space and resources for a small gain.

This is CoJam picked just as the pistils began to turn. There was nothing wrong with the potency, and the trichomes were mushroomed. Some sativas do not kill their pistils the same as indicas and hybrids.

Well spoken NIL. Spot on with the lower buds, it's really weird if you're used to growing mainstream stuff! I noticed that on a 11 on - 13 off schedule, the difference between upper and lower decreases: lower doesn't ripen much faster, but the upper ones do.

Looking at that ColJam though, I don't think I would have had the courage to take it that early ;)

strain from Ace Seeds ? Yea the truly potent pot comes from long flower time sativa or sativa hybrids - like Zamal Hash, and all the old heirloom strains like Gr. Gridspoon" by Barney's also Holy Smoke Seeds and Worlds of Seeds has many "lances'"

After the second time with this strain, I just can underline, what I said above. It´s a beautiful sativa with short internodes and big flowers. This time the taste was earthy, spicy, a typical landrace taste. I ´ve let her grown some days longer, but that didn´t change much.

Great daytime weed.

smile

• Like 2