•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

jp139

should she stay or should she go?

I have flowering plants at various stages. madberry(2) with flowering for 5 weeks,3-4 weeks to go, mad kush(2) and mad s(1) flowering for 3 weeks with 5-6 weeks to go and some sugar punch(2) flowering for 2 weeks with 8-9 weeks to go, as well as an unknown (1) with 3-4 weeks to go. I had another unknown plant nanner on me at end of week 4 (when I stat looking for the buggers) and removed and destroyed it. Now at day 1 of week 4 I see a single set of 4 bananers at the very bottom bud of my Tall mad kush. I checked the entire plant thoroughly, checked every hiding spot (when growing bag seed I became a nanner ninja) and checked all the other plants and they are nanner free so far. I removed the offending flower on the tall Mad Kush and was wondering?

since this is my first go with fem seeds - should I remove her to another location and keep checking (would be a pia) but is do-able. chop the little Tall wench now and be done with her, or keep her and at the first sign of another dump it. I have had plants before throw a nanner at the bottom on a single bud (guessing from light issues) and produce no more and have also had it where nanners were found on a single bud and multiplied like rabits over a couple day period.

My environment is pretty stable. I expected 1 or both of the unknowns to nanner out and was looking for it as they were test plants to try new things with and came out of a grow a few years back where there were no males...so was kind of expecting it on the testers. The tent is inside a dark room, plenty if exhaust for the 1200w a/c hoods which are about 18" off the tops, temps range from 79 degrees at the high (never hits 80) at the canopy tops and never goes below 70 degrees. humidity hovers between 40-45%. nutrients are always ph'd and ppm tested before feeding hempy bucket style. There are no light leaks - checked and re-checked.

So should she stay or should she go?

I'd take off the nanners and keep and eye on her, if she popped any more I'd chop her.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

Grown lots of Mad Kush and never had any problems. I'd pull off the nanners and let it go, keep an eye out, if it happens more then consider chopping, but

I would keep it. Could be good. Any smell coming through yet? What kind of structure does it have?

Grown lots of Mad Kush and never had any problems. I'd pull off the nanners and let it go, keep an eye out, if it happens more then consider chopping, but

I would keep it. Could be good. Any smell coming through yet? What kind of structure does it have?

they have been growing well with no issues until today - both have big thick stalks for their size otherwise I would have lst'd them. Stalks look like the very very hollow kind. Have a tall one looks like one main bud with a crown around it and some side shoots - christmas tree type kind of open structure. this is the one that had one clump of nanners on the very bottom popcorn bud. The other is shorter and a lot bushier but similar in structure. Both kushs have a nutty/coffee type smell to them. If I find any more, I will relocate it to another building and let her finish as long as the nanners do not get ridiculous and i'll make some hash or something out of her I guess or give her to someone who doesn't care. If the nanners get ridiculous, I will designate her to the appropriate landfill I guess. I have had a couple of nanner shooters that ended up being awesome smoke - we ll see how it goes.

I would remove the nanners and if the naners come back aggressively, some do some dont, then I would trash it. By aggressively I mean in terms of new nanners every day or so with constant new growth scattered throughout the plant.

The reason besides the seed aspect is that plants thats exposed itself and others potentially can be riddled with proto seeds to finished seeds through out the plant and thus is mostly worthless to many, you decide for yourself. This is what most would trash early.

If it only spits a few nanners and I would just pick them off and keep an eye on it and grow it out.

You got a firm grasp on it but I mention the aspect of the proto seeds to finished seeds in the buds as this is often an aspect people overlook and understanding that early may or maynot help in decisions.

• Like 1

they have been growing well with no issues until today - both have big thick stalks for their size otherwise I would have lst'd them. Stalks look like the very very hollow kind. Have a tall one looks like one main bud with a crown around it and some side shoots - christmas tree type kind of open structure. this is the one that had one clump of nanners on the very bottom popcorn bud. The other is shorter and a lot bushier but similar in structure. Both kushs have a nutty/coffee type smell to them. If I find any more, I will relocate it to another building and let her finish as long as the nanners do not get ridiculous and i'll make some hash or something out of her I guess or give her to someone who doesn't care. If the nanners get ridiculous, I will designate her to the appropriate landfill I guess. I have had a couple of nanner shooters that ended up being awesome smoke - we ll see how it goes.

Those ones probably won't yield as much as some of the other more open structures, but they have good dense thick tops that are quite resinous. Definitely worth trying to keep.

Oh shit no, just went through the Purple Storm mess, you have other things growing in there? It seeded out my Whole garden. If you have other plants, dump that witch.

• Like 3

one and done, too many other seeds to grow. You are playing with fire and you won't want any of those nanner offspring, cull now and let the other spread out and bask in the extra space and light...

Also, check your enviro, as those seem to be a stable line....

• Like 2

Gardenartus so your first beautiful PS was just a false alert? I was bummed too and scared because was running it with mad kush but thank god mad kush didn't turn out herm too I would've migrated fuck away from sannies (just kidding :D)

My whole current stash, from my last grow, was seeded due to a hermie. It's a nuisance to pick out the seeds, but otherwise the quality is fine. Obviously I cannot know how it would be unseeded, but I can't say it's any less potent or aromatic. I won't worry about hermies as much anymore. In fact, I will probably grow out the seeds, even though there's a pretty high chance of more hermies. I unintentionally made some interesting crosses ;)

So if you want my advice, keep the MK away from other plants, but definitely don't throw it away.

I would strongly advise against keeping any hermies around your garden. The risk is not worth the reward ( hermie prone seeds )

Best vybes og

ddb

People don't want it with seeds, and there are enough growers out here, they can be and will be Picky. Best not to risk it.

Yea That PS was so gorgeous! Thought I was gonna be a lucky one and not have her hermie, gosh darn thing was huge too. Shame she is a hermie.

One of five Purple Storms I ran finished without fucking itself, great smoke, wish i'd kept a cut. I'd pull that plant from your room now if it was me. It's a bit disappointing having to cull a nice looking plant but nowhere near as disappointing as finishing a grow and realising your entire room has seeded.

WARNING PURPLE STORM IS going to remind you of the movie the crying game.

In my stable of five different strains PURPLE STORM went hermie on me by the end of week 3.

It was making big beautiful buds and them I discovered male flowers hidden deep in the buds.

This evils chick with a dick ruined my entire crop.

My garden was HUGE, many plants, trained , mainlined lined and trained them in veg for almost 5 months. This was going to be my bumper crop and now it has been destroyed.

There is NO MARKET WHAT SO EVER for seeded herb in my parts so I am very sad indeed. In fact I joined this forum only so that I could warn others and try to save them the same sad fate.

Found another set of nanners this am on the tall mad kush (bitch) - so out the door she went. Yesterday there were none, today found 1 pod of 3 so she be gone as she will just produce more I guess. I know when you find them this early (day1 of week 4 12/12) that there most likely is going to be trouble and typically dump them right then and there if there are multiple nanner pods that sprout up overnight. I start nanner patrol usually toward the end of week 4 - glad I checked her early! I Put her in another building (far far away) with a 400w hps on her. Guess I'll make some hash or some shit out of her when she's done (if she does not become a full fledged banana factory). Since I grew bag seed many many years, I have become a nanner ninja and can spot those fuckers a mile away. I have never had a fully seeded crop from them (even with early ones). My finding is that they stay within the bud or get covered (almost protected) by leaves covering/hiding them. In all my grows with nanners, I have only ended up with less than a dozen seeds in a couple of plants out of say 9-12 plants in a 5x5 tent. Most bud was unseeded, some contained unfound/hidden nanners. Smoke was always good and I use the seeds (not to grow out) but to test things I want to try out but not on a good plant. I don't care about the ones that show up late (week 7/8) as they don't make a difference (still nice to not get them tho). Since I do this for my self, I don't sell or tell, I might smell a bit...lol, It does not matter if I end up with a few seeds altho I would prefer none. This was my first grow with fem seeds and was not sure what to expect as far as herms and nanners. Guess the jury is still out! My 2 madberry and UBS are fine (week 6), My mad S and the other kush (week 4) show no nanners yet, and my 2 sugar punch are only in their 2nd week of 12/12 - so too early for them. So life goes on........

• Like 1

Picture 001

Picture 004

2nd Mad Kush - out the door - 1st pod showed up tonight......nnnnnnnn out the door she went....f-n bitch. Pisses me off.

Now.... off to kill it's clones.
  • Like 1

well, 6 days for the first and 5 days for the second since 2 nanner pods found on each, and NO new nanners! Day 1 of week 5, glad I didn't chuck them (they are far away in another building) as they are pretty darn frosty and should yield some fine smoke. BUT it aint over till it's over so not counting the chickens before they hatch. Alot can happen in that time. It ain't good and done until it's hangin. 2 weeks left of madberry - NO nanners, 4 weeks left of MS - NO nanners. hoping nanner free. Maybe the Mad Kush spits a coup[le out early and is done - I don't know. Weird things happen when growing.