•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Henk010

Greetings!

Henk010 reporting on Opengrow!

I'm a long time lurker and active on the Dutch sister site Wietforum.nl and I thought I would introduce myself here!

I am currently in the middle of a grow (1x Sugar Punch Sannie's way in 25L, mainlined and with 4x 50 watt DIY Cree CXB3590s) that is being reported on Wietforum, I will make a consolidated version of it in the micro section when I find the time to import the pictures (is there any way to import my album from Wietforum directly to OpenGrow? The websites are so similar that I'm actually surprised that there isn't a button for that :P )

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from you all and I wish you all happy growing!

welcome aboard,Henk :wave:

there are lot of Wietforum pix on here,so maybe it works...give it a try

• Like 1

Welcome to the english side of things, Henk010! Do you have any links to the instructions for your DIY lights? I'm always interested in the latest developments in LEDs...

:wave:

Welcome to the english side of things, Henk010! Do you have any links to the instructions for your DIY lights? I'm always interested in the latest developments in LEDs...

:wave:

I was advised by some forum members over at Wietforum, but the instructional videos made by growmau5 were probably the most helpful tools I had as it visualized the theory for me. If you look growmau5 up on youtube, there is a 6(?) part tutorial on creating your own LED light system. He even shows different models, coolers and ways of connecting, so it is incredibly informative if you are going to do a build yourself. I can also recommend the topics/posts made by SupraSPL on Rollitup, although it does get really technical (for me at least;) ) most of the time. If you're into it its pure gold though, as Supra and some other forum members are constantly playing around with different currents, cooling, COB's, etc. to try and get the most efficient setup possible.

• Like 1

Awesome man, thanks for the tips... I've got an engineering background, and I even started in electrical engineering in university... but when I first discovered the wonderful world of weed I took a dive into the deep end... and ended up with a Chemical/Civil eng degree.

A few months ago I bought an arduino starter kit and some tools to for building circuits and such. I'll take a look at those videos, because building my own LEDs has definitely been on my to-do list for the least couple years, ever since I used HANS led panels. He was an inspiration to me that it's possible to really "do it yourself."

Hi Henk010, welcome. Sounds like I will be learning more form you rather than the other way around. Look forward to it.

Peace!