•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Henk010

1x Sugar Punch - Sannie's way - 200 watt DIY Cree COB - Mainlining

(Original report: http://www.wietforum.nl/topic/120740-1x-sugar-punch-200w-diy-led-mainlining-bio/page__pid__1426532__st__20#entry1426532)

Greetings my fellow growers! With Crimson and others "going international" I decided to put my joint down for a minute and post my Wietforum report here instead of postponing it :P

This is my first grow so any tips, advice and feedback is appreciated! If you have any questions, shoot!

So let's start off with the setup:

1x Sannie's Sugar Punch Feminized

25L of Plagron Light Perlite mix

1x Sannie's bio starter package (tabs, funghi, etc. - see Sannie's site for details ;) )

4x Cree CXB3590 3500K 36V, running at 50 watt per COB, cooled with Arctic Pro 11 CPU coolers and powered by a Meanwell HLG-185H-C1400B driver.

All this goodness was put in a Secret Jardin DS60 with a Winflex fan and a Prima Klima filter, with a clipfan on the side.

I decided to mainline her because it sounded like a very interesting concept (especially for a stretchy plant) and so far, I have no regrets!

The lights (rotate button refused to function)(The wires are less messy now, that was the first trial run) ;):

gallery_16227_5546_6736601.jpg

This is her at day 22, ready for her first haircut:

gallery_16227_5546_3594492.jpg

And after:

gallery_16227_5546_3202964.jpg

I let her grow out for a bit again, cut her for the second time 4-5 days later, and gave her her third haircut when she was 32 days old:

gallery_16227_5546_6988967.jpg

Now we are at day 49, I flipped the switch 9 (actually 10 now :P) days ago:

gallery_16227_5546_7192680.jpg

You can see the mainlined hub nicely on this picture, she's been hitting the gym :)

gallery_16227_5546_3639890.jpg

It will be interesting to see how much she is going to stretch the coming days, but so far so good.

As far as I can tell she looks healthy and strong (some purple on the stems but that comes and goes when I tie her up ;) ) but if anyone disagrees, please let me know!

Until the next one,

- Henk010

EDIT: I forgot to include a picture of the second pruning, the plant was cut 3 times in total to end up with 8 mains!

• Like 14

Now this is going to be very interesting. I am toking one some SP as I look at this and man you will be in for a treat! Especially with the multi top bush you are grooming there, that will be an impressive plant for sure.

• Like 1

Hey,

Good luck with the flowering, I'm sure the plant likes the light very much.

It looks very similar to mine except for the coolers.

Do you drive the light at full power? I believe in a 60x60 tent 150w is enough. I have 200-250w for a 120x60 tent and results were great.

I'll follow this grow, also interested in the sugar punch.

Cheers

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words!

I drive them at 50 watt each for a total of 200 watt, it might be overkill but she has been doing excellent under them so I am hesitant to change that. Might save me a few bucks but honestly, I don't care that much ;)

Henk010, great to see you here! Can't wait to follow this along. Back when I first joined in 2014ish, I was following along another new grower (GhostPoet) who was interested in the mainlining technique... I wonder how significant the yield difference will be with the extra veg time of mainlining versus if you hadn't mainlined, but tried a less intensive training technique over the same time period.

In any case, looking great! :verrygood

• Like 1

Mainlining is always fun!

Thanks for your picstures.

My sugar punch has a while but you will notice immediate trich production. Plus a sweet fresh grassy smell about 3 weeks in,

• Like 1

Thanks for the nice pics, Henk010! I am practicing mainlining on A13 right now so I can have it down for the Zamaldelica twins I have in veg. This shows me what to strive for.

• Like 1

It's update time!

She is now 56 days old and she switched to 12/12 16 days ago.

As far as I can tell (and this is my first grow, so what do I know :P ) this Sugar Punch lady is looking really healthy and strong. I'm really impressed with her growth and maybe even more so with the budding, which I find quite strong for only 16 days of flowering. I do see some very minor discoloration of the tips of the leaves, which means she won't be getting nutes for a while :P

The "group"foto (I find it hard to believe that's just one plant xD):

gallery_16227_5546_4448708.jpg

And a little close up:

gallery_16227_5546_4661909.jpg

Any feedback is of course greatly appreciated!

Until next time! :wave:

• Like 5

Looking mighty fine, I hope mine will give me buds like that as well! And I am really hoping for a purple pheno, it just looks so amazing...

Next round is going to be Killingfields for sure ;)

It looks like you have one. The buds will look dark already if it is.

If not, don't sweat it, the green one is awesome.

And Killingfields is also incredible, best tasting purple ever!

• Like 1

Hey Henk,

Hoi Henk,

That's looking good:

Dat ziet er goed uit:

gallery_45846_18797_3583452.jpg

I am definitely going to try this myself the next round sculpting the ladies!

Ik ga dit zeker proberen de volgende ronde.

• Like 3

Time for an update!

She is now 68 days above ground and has been on 12/12 for 28 days. She now has approx. 5-7 weeks to go, depending on pheno.

No complaints here, she's still going strong. If he ever sees this thread: I salute you Sannie, your genetics and "way" enable even a noob like myself to grow a strong plant without too many problems.

Here you can see a couple of the 8 main cola's and the small center field of "extra" buds:

gallery_16227_5546_4354611.jpg

And here we have a close-up of two of those beauties :dribble: :

gallery_16227_5546_2963223.jpg

Still a long way to go, let us hope they continue to fatten up even more! :icecream:

Thank you for your comments, until next time! :wave:

• Like 7

If he ever sees this thread: I salute you Sannie, your genetics and "way" enable even a noob like myself to grow a strong plant without too many problems.

Thanks for the thumbs up

The 4 steps are really easy to use and not only for starting growers but is a very strong base to grow strong and tasty harvest. For me this way is still the way to go and best way for taste and harvest.

Enjoy your next couple of weeks

greetz sannie

• Like 2

Henk010, the sugar punch looks great I don't know why I haven't run mine yet...Very healthy and great job on your first grow.

I like your LED, how close to the canopy do you have the fixture and how close do you think it can get? I am limited vertically and that has held me back from LED'S in general. Thanks and enjoy that SP!

My humble apologies, I have been slacking this report a bit lately... Progression could have been followed at the Wietforum thread, but without further ado... The update!

When these photo's were taken she had been above ground for 102 days and on 12/12 for 62 days, we are now 4 days further. Growing her has been a breeze so far, no problems whatsoever. She was toppling under her own weight so required support from some string and twistyties, otherwise she has been completely fine. I have been flushing her with water for 2 weeks now, with the last watering two days ago. She has been in complete darkness since yesterday and will be chopped tomorrow night!

The pictures:

gallery_16227_5546_6500011.jpg

gallery_16227_5546_3956822.jpg

gallery_16227_5546_1533935.jpg

I only regret that I haven't let her veg longer, she could have given a lot more... But for a first time grow, I am extremely pleased with how everything has worked out so far. I hope the drying and curing will be as problem-free as the grow, then I won't be disappointed.

I will probably post another update with the trimmed/drying buds and I'll be sure to share the end result here.

Until the next one! :wave:

• Like 14

Bad ass!!

I was dying to see how she did with the COB lighting. That is a great first grow right there, and she will be fire!

Excellent job on the training, 8 fat top colas man that is a nice haul. Those look like some heavy buds, Hahaa , had to be supported, man you gotta love that!

Sannie definitely struck gold with Sugarpunch, excellent smoke!

Check out "a perfect cure every time" posted by Simon its on a few boards. will set you straight on the dry/cure if you need any guidance.

• Like 1

i cant fully accept this is your first grow =) awesome beautiful plant bro and if this really is your first then that tells you about sannies quality genetics and your natural green thumb. Great combo nbeautiful plant