•           ai.php.gif

overlord

Kolossus Fem, 2 x Amare Tech SE450UVB LED, DWC, Scrog

Hi Everyone,

I haven't grown in the last few years, and due to my current situation it is better for me to go hydro than soil. I apologize for the lacking quality of the pictures, however my outdated phone is all I have at the moment. I will see later if I can get better ones with the flash when the lights are off. I am using 2 of Amare Technologies SE450UVB Led Lights, 5 Gallon DWC, GH nutes along with a couple other additives such as bennies, Silica, etc.. The space is roughly 6 ft. x 4 ft., carbon filter / extraction fan, and will be adding a scrog net in the next few days.

I cracked three beans of the Kolossus Fem, and they are currently at day 20 from sprout.

gallery_2291_5529_1530191.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_896820.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_1445663.jpg

Thanks for checking it out, and any comments, or suggestions are welcome.

• Like 7

what is that bulb inside light? clean room good luck with ur grow :)

Thank You,

The bulb in the center is the UVB , it was recommended by the manufacturer not to use it until first sign of pistils and then on a separate timer for 10 hours.

You have my interest over 2200.00 in led lighting should be quite the show ! Impressive lighting from what I've read on there site,let the diamonds sparkle with uvb! Bet were in for a jungle real quick I'll take a seat up front good luck! Shiska

• Like 1

You have my interest over 2200.00 in led lighting should be quite the show ! Impressive lighting from what I've read on there site,let the diamonds sparkle with uvb! Bet were in for a jungle real quick I'll take a seat up front good luck! Shiska

Thanks, I hope your right, but I am rusty.

Ok, this looks like a great setup for growing monsters.

I'll also grow kolossus quite soon but in soil, smaller space and diy lights. Will be checking your thread for kind of reference on what to expect from this variety.

I believe your grow will be stellar, all the ingredients are right.

When do you plan to witch on 12/12?

Cheers

• Like 1

Ok, this looks like a great setup for growing monsters.

I'll also grow kolossus quite soon but in soil, smaller space and diy lights. Will be checking your thread for kind of reference on what to expect from this variety.

I believe your grow will be stellar, all the ingredients are right.

When do you plan to witch on 12/12?

Cheers

I am not sure, just depends how long it takes to fill the net.

Attempting to get better pictures, this is with the lights off and flash only. From left to right, I will call the plants number 1,2, or 3 from here on out.

Kolossus 1,

She is a bit more stretchy than the other two

gallery_2291_5529_542761.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_163357.jpg

Kolossus 2,

The most compact and shortest of the three

gallery_2291_5529_435585.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_1126839.jpg

Kolossus 3,

Structure is in between the other two,

gallery_2291_5529_644572.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_1357641.jpg

• Like 4

Hi all,

a little update.. had to work a lot these last two weeks, temps here went up to the low 100 F. range. The temps in the room soared as well, this affected the girls, nute lockout too. Did a little HVAC work to fix the problem, and they are recovering well. Put up a screen, trimmed a little underbrush and some of the leaves suffering from the heat/lockout. Other than that, nothing else much to report right now.

gallery_2291_5529_552946.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_364370.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_947400.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_925777.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_1505514.jpg

• Like 6

Nice setup dude, those are going to be colossal. Interested in how this one turns out, happy growing :smoke

• Like 1

Day 54 Veg:

Have been working double shifts, time for an update. Everything is going smoothly at the moment, will probably flip soon

gallery_2291_5529_776086.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_523324.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_830806.jpg

• Like 3

I notice you have no mini shade on the heat probe , I am the same but some others make a mini shade for theirs

My reasoning says the plants are not in the shade so the probe shouldn't ........... But I think the instuctions for the probe say put out of direct light .......... Confusing lol idk

Your plants and set up are awesome ......... I can't wait til you flip the uvb s on : )

• Like 1

I notice you have no mini shade on the heat probe , I am the same but some others make a mini shade for theirs

My reasoning says the plants are not in the shade so the probe shouldn't ........... But I think the instuctions for the probe say put out of direct light .......... Confusing lol idk

Your plants and set up are awesome ......... I can't wait til you flip the uvb s on : )

The Thermostat checks both indoor and outdoor temps, I check both and there is never more than 1 degree difference. I don't see the need for a shade as this is an insignificant difference in my opinion. I may take some clones within the next week, if and when I do, I will give them a couple of days and flip. From the few journals about Kolossus, people say she doesn't stretch much at all. So I am going to let them grow above the net a little first. Thank You for the compliments!!

Kolossus:

Veg Day 58

Flipped today:

The Kolossus on the ends are really beginning to crowd the one in the center. The center plant has grown slower, and been much shorter and compact than the others. So I decided to go ahead and flip before they overtake her altogether.

I put the lenses on the Amare Se450UVB and turned on the UVB lamps. For those who have grown Kolossus, I have a question. How much do they stretch? Maybe you had the shorter compact one, or the fast not so compact pheno.

I would like to hear your input. I have searched and the only answer I basically see is "veg her all you can, she doesn't stretch much" I am hoping for a answer a little more specific. Like "my compact one only stretched 2 inches." or "the less compact one stretched around 1 foot." What ever you can tell me that will give me a better idea will be greatly appreciated.

A couple of last Light & Veg pics:

gallery_2291_5529_55145.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_399253.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_1340128.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_854481.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_725535.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_155534.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_1274965.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_164039.jpg

• Like 5

wow almost 2 months veg :) I would run some faster grower in sog/1 week veg system but would need to add few plants even in hydro to match yield. Sure this will be good run tho hope they won't start stretching and ruin that beautiful canopy :yummy:

• Like 1

wow almost 2 months veg :) I would run some faster grower in sog/1 week veg system but would need to add few plants even in hydro to match yield. Sure this will be good run tho hope they won't start stretching and ruin that beautiful canopy :yummy:

Thanks, you reminded me to note for others who may be looking for info on Kolossus, that this room is 76 inches X 46 Inches. Currently the three plants are taking up about 74 inches X 27 inches, and were topped about the time they reached the screen. Also I did take some clones of the one on the left and the one in the middle, if I like them, I may run them again with more plants in the same area.

Also, they are currently between 3 to 6 inches above the net.

• Like 1

All I can say at this point is wow ! Excellent job so far your plants look like there loving the LEDs,Everyone check out the stalks on the plants I think your in for some monster shrubs! What height have you got the lights from the canopy no shortage of penetration by the looks of things? Excited to see the next update ! Shiska

• Like 1

All I can say at this point is wow ! Excellent job so far your plants look like there loving the LEDs,Everyone check out the stalks on the plants I think your in for some monster shrubs! What height have you got the lights from the canopy no shortage of penetration by the looks of things? Excited to see the next update ! Shiska

AmareTech recommends to keep the lights 32 inches above the canopy when using the lenses, which is what I am doing. The base of the stalks are pretty thick, if I remember, I will get a pic of them and post.

Looking good overlord. Kolossus is always a fun grow. From the looks of it you should be smoking some baseball sized nugs in no time. Thanks for the show!

• Like 1

58 Days Veg

Flo Day 14

They have now stretched to 10 to 22 inches above the net. Here are some pics.

gallery_2291_5529_919999.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_251025.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_992439.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_1593556.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_882311.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_1261386.jpg

gallery_2291_5529_629876.jpg

• Like 7