49 replies to this topic

#1 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

Hi Everyone,

I haven't grown in the last few years, and due to my current situation it is better for me to go hydro than soil. I apologize for the lacking quality of the pictures, however my outdated phone is all I have at the moment. I will see later if I can get better ones with the flash when the lights are off. I am using 2 of Amare Technologies SE450UVB Led Lights, 5 Gallon DWC, GH nutes along with a couple other additives such as bennies, Silica, etc.. The space is roughly 6 ft. x 4 ft., carbon filter / extraction fan, and will be adding a scrog net in the next few days.

I cracked three beans of the Kolossus Fem, and they are currently at day 20 from sprout.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks for checking it out, and any comments, or suggestions are welcome.

#2 Nightmara

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:46 PM

what is that bulb inside light? clean room good luck with ur grow :)
smoke

#3 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 11:50 PM

View PostNightmara, on 11 June 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

what is that bulb inside light? clean room good luck with ur grow :)

Thank You,
The bulb in the center is the UVB , it was recommended by the manufacturer not to use it until first sign of pistils and then on a separate timer for 10 hours.

#4 shiskaberry savior

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:13 AM

You have my interest over 2200.00 in led lighting should be quite the show ! Impressive lighting from what I've read on there site,let the diamonds sparkle with uvb! Bet were in for a jungle real quick I'll take a seat up front good luck! Shiska

#5 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 12:18 AM

View Postshiskaberry savior, on 12 June 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

You have my interest over 2200.00 in led lighting should be quite the show ! Impressive lighting from what I've read on there site,let the diamonds sparkle with uvb! Bet were in for a jungle real quick I'll take a seat up front good luck! Shiska

Thanks, I hope your right, but I am rusty.

#6 Nightmara

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 01:08 AM

Ok nice! I thought my first LED (which is sold by now) had UV-B but it was UV-A.
smoke

#7 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 02:11 AM

View PostNightmara, on 12 June 2016 - 01:08 AM, said:

Ok nice! I thought my first LED (which is sold by now) had UV-B but it was UV-A.

What are you using now?

#8 Balarama

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 04:21 AM

Ok, this looks like a great setup for growing monsters.
I'll also grow kolossus quite soon but in soil, smaller space and diy lights. Will be checking your thread for kind of reference on what to expect from this variety.
I believe your grow will be stellar, all the ingredients are right.
When do you plan to witch on 12/12?

Cheers

#9 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:13 AM

View PostBalarama, on 12 June 2016 - 04:21 AM, said:

Ok, this looks like a great setup for growing monsters.
I'll also grow kolossus quite soon but in soil, smaller space and diy lights. Will be checking your thread for kind of reference on what to expect from this variety.
I believe your grow will be stellar, all the ingredients are right.
When do you plan to witch on 12/12?

Cheers

I am not sure, just depends how long it takes to fill the net.

#10 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

Attempting to get better pictures, this is with the lights off and flash only. From left to right, I will call the plants number 1,2, or 3 from here on out.

Kolossus 1,
She is a bit more stretchy than the other two

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kolossus 2,
The most compact and shortest of the three

Posted Image

Posted Image

Kolossus 3,
Structure is in between the other two,

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 26 June 2016 - 01:04 AM

Hi all,

a little update.. had to work a lot these last two weeks, temps here went up to the low 100 F. range. The temps in the room soared as well, this affected the girls, nute lockout too. Did a little HVAC work to fix the problem, and they are recovering well. Put up a screen, trimmed a little underbrush and some of the leaves suffering from the heat/lockout. Other than that, nothing else much to report right now.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#12 just.blaze

Grower & Cannasseur

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  • Interests:Electric Guitar, Cycling, Growing & Smoking High Quality Cannabis.

Posted 26 June 2016 - 03:02 AM

Nice setup dude, those are going to be colossal. Interested in how this one turns out, happy growing :smoke

#13 SantaBuds

Learning Grower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

nice brother! good luck with it!

#14 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 12:34 AM

Day 54 Veg:

Have been working double shifts, time for an update. Everything is going smoothly at the moment, will probably flip soon

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#15 ifish

>< {{{{{ *<

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:05 AM

I notice you have no mini shade on the heat probe , I am the same but some others make a mini shade for theirs
My reasoning says the plants are not in the shade so the probe shouldn't ........... But I think the instuctions for the probe say put out of direct light .......... Confusing lol idk

Your plants and set up are awesome ......... I can't wait til you flip the uvb s on : )

#16 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 17 July 2016 - 02:30 AM

View Postifish, on 17 July 2016 - 02:05 AM, said:

I notice you have no mini shade on the heat probe , I am the same but some others make a mini shade for theirs
My reasoning says the plants are not in the shade so the probe shouldn't ........... But I think the instuctions for the probe say put out of direct light .......... Confusing lol idk

Your plants and set up are awesome ......... I can't wait til you flip the uvb s on : )

The Thermostat checks both indoor and outdoor temps, I check both and there is never more than 1 degree difference. I don't see the need for a shade as this is an insignificant difference in my opinion. I may take some clones within the next week, if and when I do, I will give them a couple of days and flip. From the few journals about Kolossus, people say she doesn't stretch much at all. So I am going to let them grow above the net a little first. Thank You for the compliments!!

#17 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:01 AM

Kolossus:
Veg Day 58
Flipped today:

The Kolossus on the ends are really beginning to crowd the one in the center. The center plant has grown slower, and been much shorter and compact than the others. So I decided to go ahead and flip before they overtake her altogether.
I put the lenses on the Amare Se450UVB and turned on the UVB lamps. For those who have grown Kolossus, I have a question. How much do they stretch? Maybe you had the shorter compact one, or the fast not so compact pheno.
I would like to hear your input. I have searched and the only answer I basically see is "veg her all you can, she doesn't stretch much" I am hoping for a answer a little more specific. Like "my compact one only stretched 2 inches." or "the less compact one stretched around 1 foot." What ever you can tell me that will give me a better idea will be greatly appreciated.

A couple of last Light & Veg pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#18 Nightmara

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:15 AM

wow almost 2 months veg :) I would run some faster grower in sog/1 week veg system but would need to add few plants even in hydro to match yield. Sure this will be good run tho hope they won't start stretching and ruin that beautiful canopy :yummy:
smoke

#19 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 21 July 2016 - 02:20 AM

View PostNightmara, on 21 July 2016 - 02:15 AM, said:

wow almost 2 months veg :) I would run some faster grower in sog/1 week veg system but would need to add few plants even in hydro to match yield. Sure this will be good run tho hope they won't start stretching and ruin that beautiful canopy :yummy:

Thanks, you reminded me to note for others who may be looking for info on Kolossus, that this room is 76 inches X 46 Inches. Currently the three plants are taking up about 74 inches X 27 inches, and were topped about the time they reached the screen. Also I did take some clones of the one on the left and the one in the middle, if I like them, I may run them again with more plants in the same area.

Also, they are currently between 3 to 6 inches above the net.

#20 overlord

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:22 PM

58 days Veg

Day 7 Flo

Just a few picks this week

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image