•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

MiNdLesS

cheeseberry seedmaking - first attempt

Hey fellow growers and espacially the breeders/chuckers in here :wave:

i'm currently trying to make my own seeds, regs and fems.

what i recently did was this:

I found my favorite cheeseberry-pheno out of a 10 pack.

i took a cut off it and put it in my small chamber to flower it along with a cheeseberry-male and a sour diesel cut.

i sprayed the females with colloidal silver the first 2 weeks and after 4 weeks total, i observed serious ball production on them.

After harvesting my cb-plant i found several seeds on it (more than 100), also i found several on the diesel cut, but its still drying. the male was gone a few wekks before and the pollen was chucked and is stored in the fridge.

i guess these seeds are mixed regs and fems cause of the male that was also in this cab and at first the females were growing normal with pistils and i guess there were pollinated by the male. is it also possible that these seeds are female because of the self-pollination? If not, does the silver has an effect on these "reg"-seeds?

i collected a good amount of pollen off all plants and will make seeds with untreated cuts to send some as freebees, but with this first test-batch i'm not sure if it's a waste of time to test them.

What do u think?

i hope im not off the track...

thanks in advance for the replies!

greetz

• Like 2

Indeed a interesstig question. would love to hear the Pros chime in on that.Im breeding too but only with Regular Beans. If You dont want to grow em out and want to see what happens pm ill always got a few spots in my Seedtest Lab free where i test the Genetics for the Brands im Tester for.

Greetz

• Like 1

...if the col silver spraying has been successful,the fem pollen were dusting your CB and SD-cut as well,i´d say...so you have reg seeds(from the male in da cab) and feminized seeds from the CS-spraying - - reg and fem CB and reg and fem SDxCB ...... if you sprayed the SD cut too,you got much more variety between CB and SD :yummy: a nice mix,bro

• Like 3

hey urban thanks for your offer! if u like u can send me a pm ;)

thanks for chiming in saxo! exactly that's what i came to...a mix between regs and fem :icecream: okay, looks like that im gonna test them. regardless of this my plan is to make reg seeds of cheeseberry (f2) to send to sannie, cause now and then some members are asking for cb and i totally love this cross so :whistle:

when everything works well i can send them end of august or beginning of september..we'll see :wave:

• Like 3

I would love to test them can't wait to see results

Papalag

• Like 2

Couple of other thoughts: you have the aforementioned fems and regs and you also have some selfed seeds because it sounds like the hermied females pollinated themselves too. Those should also obviously be fems as well, but there's a little extra twist because a cheeseberry mating with itself is a little different than a cheeseberry mating with its sibling. Not many things in nature get to procreate with a clone of themselves-more inbred.

Also cheeseberry is a hybrid and not true breeding, and I don't know if Eskos cheese is a clone, ibl, hybrid or what. I would think the blueberry would be true breeding. So your offspring are going to be all over the place, some more blueberry, some more cheese, some interesting combos of those two, and then you got the SD in there. So you plant these things and have no idea what the plant will look like- but it's probably going to be some delicious ganja. I think esko put the cheese with the berries because they're yummy.

So if you're in a more experimental, rollin the dice kinda mood, and love these strains, this project should be a success. I would grow this freebie.

It's cool when forum members send in freebies cuz it just gives us access to more interesting pot.

• Like 4

hey guys thanks for the interest :D

to make the freebees i will use untreated clones and they will be pollinated in an extra room and one by one so that there will be no mix of pollen on them :)

i have another pheno of cheeseberry that is also nice but just not my favorite. to make fems its maybe better to use the fem-pollen of my fav on it. i have another strain called swazi skunk that was pollinating itself through high stress some years ago. all the time i pop a seed its a copy of the mother and no hermie. very good weed :) i expect to have a result like this with my fav cheeseberry.

the sour diesel i have is also interesting. i had several phenos also the one that was the reason for the name, it was smelling like a gas-station...i never smelled this before on weed but i decided for another pheno to keep. she is no big producer but one of the most resinous plants I've ever seen and the smell is so dark and kind of disgusting that it is delicious again -hope u get what i mean :D the high is great but gives a hangover next day.

damn guys that makes so much fun! a friend of mine began also to make experiments but he is a little inpatient so all the time he is like "i need a time machine man! i need to see whats coming out now!" haha

greetz

• Like 3

reg and fem CB and reg and fem SDxCB

so in case you send them in all mixed, better not declare them as CB-F2's only,

since the diesel will be there too ... also it will be fems and regs mixed, woah ...

... like a praline-box.

each will be somewhat of a mystery (to an extend), but all will be special ;)

• Like 5

hey san, yeah thats why i make a new run without mixed pollen to get it 'pure'..i will test the first run here just to see, maybe I'm lucky an find something special :D

• Like 2

hey guys a short update.

i put 16 seeds in water 48 hours ago and not one single seed has cracked. usually i got 50-90 % sprouting after this time when the seeds are fresh...even when they're not so fresh.

maybe its too early to tell but it could be that the silver had an effect on the plants other then throwing balls. does someone have any experience or an idea?

i give them two more days and the. i throw it when nothing happens.

the clones for polinating are rooting as i type this :)

have a nice evening all

• Like 2

best of luck!

I don't think the seed pop issue is from the colloidal silver. Are they mature with that veiny, darker seedcoat? Sometimes when ive made seeds, I harvested a little too early and got lighter, immature seeds with a lower germ rate (but some still germinated).

I don't know if hermie pollen is more likely to be sterile. The unwanted herms in my tent always make seeds, unfortunately. You have regular pollen on there too. It seems like-with the multiple pollen sources-and multiple moms carrying the seeds-you would have some viable seeds in this grow.

That is one slutty mother plant! A true mystery plant. Makes me almost want to take a plant and toss in lots of different pollen and say what will be will be!

I look forward to how this plays out.

• Like 2

Karma if you Harvest fresh seeds dry n store them for 4 Weeks then they are best to go with mostly a 100% Germ Ratio i under 24 hrs. Really top that You reproduce your favorite Pheno of the Cheeseberry(one of the strains im dying to get). Did the same wit my Fav Pheno of the Soliloqueen and atm again in selection Run with her.

• Like 1

hello fellow stoners a little update.

i decided to throw the seeds i put in water. not a songle sign of sprouting after 48 hours and there was this slimy stuff around them.. maybe ur right urban and i needed to store them for a while. i make another germ test in some weeks but actually its not needed. i got what i wanted - the pollen :)

the good thing is yesterday i collected the seeds of a third pheno i had that got some pollen on the lower branches. then i put my favorite pheno in the jars and cause of lack of caution i was able to collect 24 almost black seeds with tigerstripes :D this will be my next mission to find another male in them....

have nice sunday all!

• Like 2

Try to cure your seeds like you would your flowers. Seeds enjoy a period of drying after harvest. Best of luck :)

Best vybes, ddb

• Like 2

fresh seeds often have a chemical in them that needs to be broken down by time or cold. This is to prevent the seeds from sprouting before spring time.

Put in fridge for a week or two but I generally like a month but I have seen good rates at 2 week mark and then see what you get sprout wise.

• Like 1

hey guys. they are sittin in the fridge now. i decided to wait some more weeks and then test the seeds again but i will put my focus on the "new" seeds i got from my accidentaly pollinated favorite pheno.

the clones should throw some roots within the next 7 days and then i put them in flower under a led light, so i think in beginning of september should it be done.

i'm so excited about the outcome - now i need a time machine haha

:wave:

• Like 3

hey man a new update. the clones rooted so i put them in 2liter pots with soil in my small cab. i let them establish for this week and on sunday i plan to switch to 12/12. i thought to polinate in the 3. or 4. week of flower.

maybe i make it to bring up some pics haha

greetz

• Like 4

a little update:

this pic is from Wednesday (day 1 of flowering) sorry for this bad quality - blame my phone for that!

gallery_9850_5611_358413.jpg

they look pretty happy to me :icecream: i have three plants of my favourite pheno (more blueberry side of life) and one of the cheese side. i plan to pollinate the two phenos with regular pollen and my favourite pheno with the reversed pollen so "selfing" her and one will just flower for smoke.

i try to post a pic every Wednesday :wave:

• Like 5

hey guys, i haven't forget u, i'm just lazy! :whistle:

the girls are pregnant and developing very good, but honestly i expected a bit more yield under those leds. but for my plans the amount of seeds should be enough. i will make some pics this evening to let u see.

i have to mention that i'm totally in love with the Sour Diesel actually. I got a clone from a friend of mine (don't know where he got the seeds from) and it has such a heavy, fuel like smell. after curing it for half a year now it's like a good wine - its getting better and better. the amount of resin is absolutely insane. i crossed it with a cheeseberry-male and have currently five testers in my veg-cab. funny that esko did the same maybe he also likes the diesel as much as i do! i also had another pheno that was smelling like a gas-station next to a cleaner's. real disgusting chemical smell...not my favorite so i tossed it. the yield was better than on my favorite but i prefer quality over quantity.

:wave:

• Like 5