•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tomtom

tomtom does blue chesse in mapito

well what can i say it went well till i put my plants into the homemade mapito! I am not sure what keeps on happening to them but I think something is poisoning them.

I started the seeds off in paper towels, then transferred them into my xstream. Things were going really well as you can see from the pictures. After 9 days I tranferred them into my homemade mapito and that is when things started to go wrong within 24 hours. In the xstream the PH was 5.8/EC6. When I took them out of the xstream they looked hungry so i gave them ph 5.8/EC 7 I put them into homemade mapito and you can see from the pictures that they look terrible. I have been flushing them through with water with ph of 5.5/EC6 whcih is how it comes out of the tap.

HERE'S BEFORE IT WENT WRONG

AFTER THEY WERE TRANSFERRED

IMG 2640

IMG 2641

• Like 1

nightmara thank for your replay mate I'm thinking it mate be ph because i'm putting it in at 5.5 and it s coming out at 6.5 and i've flushed it two times and it's still 6.5

@ tomtom from the look of things i would say its 3 things going on here from the look of them

1 they do not look to have a lot of roots on them from the cloner when i used a cloner i left them in till they had a shit load of roots be for i moved them in to there new home

2 the ph did you flush and then let the mapito sit for a day be for you ring it out and placed them in there

3 the mapito needs to have about e.c 1.0 in it so there can start to feed

now you have + 1 more prob from the flushing you keep doing there in no food in there and they are to wet so no air as well

so this is what i would do make a new res of grow+root juice + zyems @ p.h5.5 now flush this thought the pots now swing the pot round to help get the excess water out now place a foil over them to help with the r/h hope this is of help

space

• Like 2

tom tom dont give up:)

a stupid safe method if u pregrow them in small cups in soil.. when they have planty of roots u can plant them into mapito.

mapito can be frustrating till u understand what u do.. keep on learning!

and please if u have a container, use the full height of it

• Like 4

tomtom, when using something new , don't put all your seedlings in new media because it gets some hype on here..use your old method on most and try a few in new stuff...

good luck

• Like 2

alright space thanks for popping in .well i'm starting again so i'm going to do a journal from start to finish so when the seeds get here that's when i start i think it was a ph problem becouse the water was going in at 5.5 and coming out 6.5

• Like 1

Hidronesia I never give up mate I've been doing it like this for about two year now and it's all ways work I've just move in to a new house and have not grown for a year so I no it's some thing I've forgot to do. what size poly balls did you use in yours mate because I did not put them in my and I want to get some. any advice would be good

Im sorry to hear you had problems. I believe you transplanted too early for the method used to pregrow them. If you use the aero system again, i would leave em in there for at least 3 weeks. They will explode with root growth.

Also, when im doing hydro runs, i set a fresh rez at 5.3. Usually within a few hours the ph will rise and settle around 5.7-5.8.

best of luck for your next run :)

• Like 1

In hydro rooting, I like to trim the roots, it will bush them. sort of like topping but for roots.

try to keep root size in proper proportion for plant otherwise the plant will die back the roots to match its size and this is the often the stall or pause while they get their feet, "for too long."

This is normal for a transplant, I am speaking for the runts and stunted ones that sometimes happen in a group. Tends to be one or so. This is why I recommend people make extra clones I call stunt doubles hehe.

Also stalling can happen from too much damage to roots and root hairs while transplanting but I believe its a combo of that and too long roots often in hydro cloning and I also see it situational based.

Sorry to hear you had problems ! Growpito works well for starting clones as well as seeds directly in the medium ,transplanting from 16 oz cups to big pots went well for me ! If you have more clones try straight into the growpito with a couple ! Good luck Shiska

hi hempyfan I'll try trimming the roots on my next grow which i will start at the end of the week and thank for your help

Hey tomtom

i will be honest. With regard to trimming roots, big no no in hydro. You will invite root rot unless they are at full health and strength. Ive heard of growers doing this before but i dont personally agree.

alright dr don bonez i was not going to do it with my cheese seeds mate but i always get free ones that i experiment with but thanks for the heads up

If you can, do a test and an extra. never risk in learning when possible.

If your water temps are around 70f, you are good in my view.

You can use just plain tap water and get roots. I recommend this initially so you see for yourself what rooting hormones and root boosters do rather than just believe it. Never use root booster with rooting hormones. Two different signals to plant and is common among newer growers. I speak generically on that.

I have not seen an issue with trimming issues and I often see clones from non perfect moms, try not to do that, and do not see issues with rooting. Where you are typically see issue is when a clone is low on P and K when it was taken from the mother and it stalls and fails trying to root and grow.

It goes with out saying clean your scissors and make sure very sharp. A danger is causing air to get trapped in roots and slowly cutting with dull scissors can do that. Nothing to be scared of and I have not seen this myself but be quick and deliberate like you would topping the plant.

Keep in mind, the plant will die back the roots to match its size. So you risk rot and this is sometimes issue only if you people transplant long hydro roots in soil and then over water. In that I have seen.

Try it, cut extra clones so you can pick which one you like better. If you can do both sets throughout the grow and see. I suggest nothing crazy no matter how new it is to some.

Hempyfan.

• Like 3

hi hempyfan im going to set up my spear x-stream and t5 and put my free seeds in it and have a go at what you said you dont no till you try mate and will put the results in my journal

• Like 1