•           ai.php.gif

Malarkey

Fatrasta's Athina Landrace Greek or not?

Wellll, it could be that perfect balance of indica and sativa! The new Jack Herer!

No? Not that simple? ;)

• Like 1

Wellll, it could be that perfect balance of indica and sativa! The new Jack Herer!

No? Not that simple? ;)

Take athina seeds and cross with sativa or indica plants for direction you want.

• Choose a stable genetic and breed.

Then select from phenos in that F1 direction you like and keep selecting and working the f lines working to better direct the pheno type direction based on your selection.

• Potential to bx or back cross parents and similar phenos to help stabilize a trait along the way.

That is more basic structure but wrangling land races in F1 and F2 will give lots and lots of phenos to select from, "test?", and work with.

Rasta is the guy to talk about genetics more than me though so I will go back to the shadows!

• Like 2

Take athina seeds and cross with sativa or indica plants for direction you want.

• Choose a stable genetic and breed.

Then select from phenos in that F1 direction you like and keep selecting and working the f lines working to better direct the pheno type direction based on your selection.

• Potential to bx or back cross parents and similar phenos to help stabilize a trait along the way.

That is more basic structure but wrangling land races in F1 and F2 will give lots and lots of phenos to select from, "test?", and work with.

Rasta is the guy to talk about genetics more than me though so I will go back to the shadows!

Perhaps my sarcasm wasn't quite clear enough...

I'm just kiddin' around, Hempy.

• Like 1

Got to have this

Next order

Thanks FR

• Like 1

Did anyone ever grow these freebies yet?

Yep. I got two phenotypes, one is a solid dark green,sturdy plant with solid buds and had a sort of meaty lemon smell. The other, and my personal favorite, has long stringy buds and smells like lime and skunk,with an under the skunk funk that I associate with older classic strains from my childhood. Athena has become my absolute favorite smoke. The pheno I chose to keep around yields like shit, but is absolutely worth the space in my world. I'm staying farrr away from the land race debate, but i believe it's a strain worth preserving. Land race or not.

• Like 6

The skunky lime pheno has long petioles and reacts "smarter" to stress than the chunky pheno. The chunky pheno just powers through and toughs it out, the skunky lime pheno though, if exposed to intense midday sunlight, turns it's leafs into a "karate chop" to avoid the rays.

• Like 4

I've always wanted to run Athina's.

But could not get my hands on real seed stock from Greece.

My buddy that went back home a few years ago, searched around during the 6 weeks he was visiting family and various places.

He could get some weed, but found no seeds, when asked openly about buying some, the different folks he spoke with refused, and told him they meant to stay in Greece.

IDK, so I found other beans to lust for.

Love the pics and descriptions of the plants, honestly.

• Haha 1

Mizz Athina this morning, soaking up some sun. C'mon, guys! Dig those seeds out of your vaults and get 'em poppin'! You know you wanna.....

I can't be the only one growing this gal! 

0508180846.thumb.jpg.fe2d75db0a73cb443af6cc8bab414852.jpg

• Like 7

She is finicky.

That thing is filling out big time. It's only the middle of may!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, douglasfurtrapper said:

That thing is filling out big time. It's only the middle of may!

Forced flowering, close to a month in maybe a bit longer. Just now starting to see growth worthy of being called buds, starting to stink and also beginning to form visible trichomes. 

Until now, I've only ever grown Athina using the "chop and drop" method with various plants including chicory, dandelion, burdock, black locust tree, nanner peels, etc.. And once with general organics bottled nutrients. 

Smell and taste of the finished product has always been consistent- skunk and limes. Friends say they smell diesel, I don't. 

This round I've been using Earth juice bloom, with occasional light top dressing of rolled oats, and she's smelling different than ever before. 

Skunk, mango and coffee are the smells I can pick out. It's still very early, so there's no telling what it will evolve into. Pretty cool though to see such a drastic difference. 

large.0516180718.jpg.028f4c5ff52392f68f4abbac241fd9a4.jpg

She was vegged wayyy too long for being in a 5 gallon bucket, in my opinion. As a result, she gets hungry pretty quickly. It's been raining for just about a week straight out here, yard looks like a swamp, and my plants have obviously been drenched. So, they haven't been fed as much as they'd like. 

If this rain keeps on I'll cut out OSB discs with slits cut to the middle, to slide over the containers and help control the saturation. 

• Like 2