•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sacred Plant Warrior

quiet quality inline fan prospects & general set up advice

Only fan I would shut off outright when lights are off are fans cooling a light. Get a temperature controller for intake and this will work to keep a good balance.

If you want good quality do not get for cannabis sales but from greenhouse suppliers.

If you go at this thinking pocket book you might be disappointed. You can get cheaper fans that work well, in a year or so the bearings are not so good.

I advise. Build for your environment and grow for the environment. Growing for pocket book will create pockets of risk.

Generally, go higher than you need and dim it down to effective. Bends in ducting and such reduces effectiveness that the texts do not really explain.

When looking at fan, look at how strong and size. You will notice they vary in strength for same size fan. Generically, the higher wattage ones in your size of fan will be more the one you are looking for due to quality. Not a guarantee but close.

To quiet you can do things like use insulated ducting, lung room aspect, fan silencer.

Fans piss me off more than any other piece of equipment when it comes to selecting so I will say I understand your position. If cost is a bit much, I recommend waiting longer until you have it. Do not settle, unless you do not mind buying again in a few years at best, generically spoken but experienced.

• Like 1

I would buy another fan and some acoustic ducting

The option of it being able to Handle high temps in the summer by an extra degree or two , is worth more to me than better light coverage from the ac reflector

You can replace the air tube , with an ac reflector at a later date : )

So you would have two Separite air flows ( light ac and filter out take )

• Like 1

i don't mind paying for better. that is not an issue. though i do try to get the most bang for ny buck. shit damn tent is around 370. sure i could have got several cheaper ones, but i wanted one more dependable/durable too. yes, i have selected fan candidates on a higher than needed cfm basis without getting ridiculous . i have also sought out companies that sell fans to contractors etc.

i'll list hem later today. been up all night grrr. filter i'm going for is a phresh 6 x 16 @ 400 cfm, fan is slightly less, and will match a speed controller to it. i have a new unused speedster if i can find it. but will buy something else if that doesn't satisfy me/work.

btw HEMPY FAN I've made up my mind to do a couple hempy buckets after going back over feroce's old thread . I WONDER WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM. SURE HOP HE IS ALRIGHT. some folks just stop the boards after many years .

I IMAGINE 9-12 finished plants 3 of which will be hempy using bio bizz coco, and grow stones at the bottom like ferocoe did with hydroton. i'm only getting one bag of that so will be enough for 3x 3 gal, pots . the rest will be mixed in with the coco roughly at 30% . if i run out i have some back up perlite to mix at 30% with the rest .

so from rooted clone or seedling into 1 gal, then into final 3 gallon be it regular pot or hempy . just wanted a little room using 3 gallons , but will likely be around 2.5 gals approx. i know i can finish in 2 gal pots no problem with coco. i'll make adjustments based on size at transplant time . since tent is a shorty, i have to limit finished height to approx. 3 feet, ac hood is almost 10" tall, add 3 feet, and that's 46" + 12 inches max for the pot height = 58" 1 inch shy of tent height prior to adding the extender which gives me 9" more space ,

I'm only going to use one fan, will go filter, duct- ac hood -duct fan to out of the tent . cubic feet as above is a tad shy of 96 , fan cfm 333 if i get the s & p td silent 6" i recall. to make up for filter, ac, and bends . might have to get thermal ducting R8, because acoustic ducting is hard as a mother to find so far. been up looking a couple of hours. sonodec is in europe, but a couple years back i could have sworn they were in the usa too.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/compare/?errorURL=ProductAttributeErrorView&langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&prodComp_0=100396935&prodComp_1=203766635&prodComp_2=203767547&prodComp_3=202562740&keyword=ATCO%20Insulated%20Flexible%20Ducts

going to look until sunday for acoustic in the usa local or online . if i don't fins it i'll go thermal. most folks do well with that, and i can leave music on in the space if need be . nobody will be lurking when the lights/fan comes on in the evening .

i'm supposed to be sleep, and my wacky student text me at about 7:30 asking what i was doing today. not talking on the phone is what i'm not doing. my office hrs don't stART UNTIL 9:30 am . and he's going to do push ups because he knows better. but he passed his driving test so i guess he'll have the car.. smdh cross ur fingers folks . lol enuff bed is calling me.

• Like 1

Heres my inline fan, probably not what you're looking for lol

gallery_2373_1579_2257502.jpg

This is why i shy away from tents bc I'm so cheap and easy. In the future i do want to try exhausting the hood heat out of the room. But for now i just let it hang out in its own room with door open. Don't have central air. What brand fans are you hearing are quality?

• Like 4

hey wildcat,

man it would be super nice if i could do that . so green with envy ! :dribble:

well , i decided to get this one after much comparison shopping, frustration, and trying to check noise levels . 5 yr warranty price includes free shipping . http://www.homedepot...T-150/204804485

i found this helpful too waiting to see if i can save money based on black Friday sales then i need to pull the trigger . might take 3/4 sources for everything but que sera sera . hoping to stay under 1200, & recoup some funds down the road to pay for the equipment

https://www.captiveaire.com/CATALOGCONTENT/DOCUMENTS/SOUND%20CONVERSION%20CHART.pdf

• Like 1

i kept them in consideration, but dropped based bulk, and configuration. i also try not to buy from amazon as much as possible

to avoid issues/hazzles knockoffs being the most prevalent 1. i don't think they screen there sellers well enough imho, or the same things wouldn't keep continuing. if ur selling an item, and you're not the direct manufactures, i feel the paper trail should go back to who is a retailer to prove their products are originals . ijs manufacturer, distributors , wholesaler's, and retailers should all be easily identifiable to kick fraud in the ass .

others can still sell knockoffs , just not on sites like amazon, ebay etc. etc.

• Like 1

I'm running 2 six inch vortex fans and they are extremely quiet. They also have spring loaded louvers that close when the fans are off preventing pests and anything else from sneaking in through the vent and help seal up the vent when not in use. My first run I used this as my only form of temp control throughout.

I personally love mine. You can even easily remove the fan itself without ever touching the ducting. In less than a minute I can pull mine and reverse them if needed.

Here's some stats.

The S-line is a revolutionary series of fans that combine energy efficiency, ultra-quiet operations and a collection of advanced technologies that deliver unparalleled performances. An extremely energy efficient AC brushless motor powers the patented mixed-flow dual impellers. Built with double insulated walls, noise is reduced to levels that were previously thought to be unattainable. All S-Line models are assembled with high impact resistant polycarbonate casings, an integrated back draft damper and a mounting bracket designed for quick and easy installation. The S-Line models feature a 10 year warranty.

• Features:
  • Housing made of Polycarbonate – high temperature and impact resistance
  • Rubber gaskets – tight and vibration free assembly
  • Double insulated walls – preventing condensation and reducing noise level
  • Mix Flow impeller – higher CFM’s and lower noise level
  • Internal impeller – cooler motor operation to increase the life of the motor
  • Integrated Back Draft Damper – preventing air leakage
  • Motor – high quality Class F motor with permanently lubricated ball bearings
  • Low profile – allows installation in small spaces

• #736708 - 347 CFM • 66 watts • 120V • 60Hz • 4.9 CFM per watt
  • #736712 - 728 CFM • 232 watts • 120V 60Hz • 3.14 CFM per watt

And a pic...

vortex_sline_thumb.jpg

S1Vortex.jpg

• Like 1

I never used that new type, and they have added a lot to the features, since my old steel cased ones.

Yeah, they are sweet man. My 4" ran for many years 24/7 into a big assed filter, and never a hick up.

Dang Barney, that is a damn good price. I used some Panos building boxes years ago, and they are quiet, and easy to make them more so.

• Like 1

Yea, I remember thinking of feroce as well when some hempy bucket grows up a bit ago.

I am sure he just gravitated onto greener pastures. People come and go for many reasons. Regardless I hope all is well with him!

I use the Airbox 3 Stealth Edition 1500 CFM Hydroponic Plant Grow Air Filter, works really well, my friend just made me an inline set up, I am so clueless on this stuff, he sets everything up for me. For smell and noise I am pleased with that.

THE COMPANIES/INDUSTRY is so dicey trying to get business/compete . often they don't allow a customer to make easy comparisons with each other based on manufacture's specs .

for instance i thought to look hard at the can max line, pro etc. on their site the specs on certain models don't list any sound rating/measurement of reference . yet, on the same exact page their other fans have the spec listed for sones . hilariously, and certainly on purpose they do not put a number in the sone section. they are all blank. SMDH

http://canfilters.com/fans/max-fans.html

you would think that if a huge/major selling point was loudness/lack of it they would make sure they would put it in sones/dec's or both. yet most i have seen do not. i was fortunate that the manufacturer of the TT Silent 150 at least has the balls to not hide their

specs form potential customers. 66 watts max draw is in line with the other mixed flow fans that get all the hype, and quite a bit less than others. = my thrifty heart-mind can rest better. the last thing needed are big energy spikes. http://vents-us.com/item/5032/TT_Silent_150/

gardenartus stop making me envious haha 1500 cfm = a lot of buddage :icecream: what are you yielding 15/20 elbows a run ? smdh lol

almost decided on Elicent but it was 204$. is it worth it ? sure, but not when i can get real close cheaper imho. i said fuck the s & p td s the cost was not warranted imho. insulated ducting, and the filter plus air cooled hood too should all work well together for

a 600 . foot print is cool, and light penetration should not be an issue with plants approx 3' when done

only need 90 days to harvest whether cuts are rooted for 2 weeks or from seed with a 2/3 week max veg time before flip. that's calculated on using a 70 day or less strain . wish the alternate safety area wasn't so low, that would make strain options pretty easy. it's cool though imho, we have to play the hand we're dealt as best we can . :wave:

forgive me Ganja Shaman welcome to the joint ! :) and thank you . a new member trying to help smells like this place will be around a little while longer. i sure hope so. time to eat my baked fries b4 they get cold. salad & crab cakes too . :icecream:

• Like 1

Thanks for all the help folks. also thanks to those who helped via the tent questions etc. in another thread .

So, after almost 8 yrs it's time to gett ready to rumble again.

Happy to say i pulled the trigger already on most all items i will need .

only major thing i haven't gotten is the fan lol. that's because the fan will be this one http://vents-us.com/item/5032/TT_Silent_150/

and the supplier for my big order obviously doesn't carry it . I did include insulated ducting because acoustic ducting was too hard to source.

so by the the end of the week i should have the big order tucked away . will need to transport the stuff to the secret location , clean up everything , and the bug bomb will be last thing before set up. then just a matter of starting when it's the safest time .

final selection on what i'll run is tough, but some will depend on what actually germs/sprouts . had thought to run a couple fem seeds that can veg and be off first. then regulars will be behind waiting to sex. on 18/6 hopefully the mh will work. if so will do separate veg and flower area easily. if not i'm screwed because have not found the 400 w hps yet.; which was to be the back up veg light . 600 digital in flower .

if it works out i'll be able to harvest fems 1st.if they get the call, and the regulars no more than a month later . not sure how many hempy's i'll run i have one prefect szie now, and will look to do do no more than 3/4 hempys . that way i can keep what i feed the same, and ph the water the same too for all of them . if i do well with the hempy's i'll switch to all hempy's based on water consumption mainly . if i use less water with good results using the regular pots/bags then that is the route i'll take . trying to minimize utilities cost is a must . were that not the case hempy's would probably win for speed of growth. but with height considerations that is not a major factor i'm looking to increase .

plants grow fast enough in coco anyway, and is 1 of the main pros of a coco op.

added some forgotten jeans to the inventory .

Black Domina by sensi F 3's fresher batch

Onyx : autoflower by short stuff seeds = Stitch he used to be on Over Grow/PG http://en.seedfinder.eu/strain-info/Onyx/Short_Stuff_Seedbank/

Mighty 47 = auto-AK47 x Mighty Mite : will try to look for good breeding males to shorten some chosen strains/hybrids

Finishes about 10-12 weeks from seed.

High yield with dense buds, about 80-100cm in height. = we'll see

CN -F 6 : they're in a small green buttlet like container no clue who from if anyone can figure out what strain CN is please let me know i'm stumped . yes i looked at the c section of strain lists smdh lol.

admin u can lock this thread down now. thx.

Sorry for bringing this thread from the dead, but my wife says she can slightly smell weed when she comes in the door. I smell nothing, but there is never room for error.

Anyway, SPW, what setup did you end up with and how is it working out for you? I have been looking to get a fan for a while now, and have narrowed it down to Vortex S600 or the TTF Silent 150. I am venting/cooling 2 tents, Gorilla Shorty 3x3x5 and an old 2x4x4, so not a lot of area to deal with. I am open to all suggestions, I just need to get this done soon. Thanks for all input.