•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Knorx

Problem with Sannies Buffertabs

Hello

I had a problem with the Buffertabs. I test the first time Buffertabs. My plants started yellowing from the Top in Week 2 bloom.

I give them only water without nutes. I had no idea what the Problem is, can someone help me?

gallery_16578_5674_1073570.jpg

gallery_16578_5674_500931.jpg

gallery_16578_5674_520997.jpg

gallery_16578_5674_330312.jpg

I take the Buffertabs for an easy way to grow and now i get problems i never had before.

• Like 3

Hempyfan gave me this great web site.http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures

hope it's the iron deficiency via website

• Like 1

Hello Knorx,

Do you use Ro water? Or just plain tabwater? Also don't use any pH adjustmends like acid.

Pg

Hempyfan gave me this great web site.http://www.growweedeasy.com/cannabis-symptoms-pictures

hope it's the iron deficiency via website

It look likes Iron or Sulfur but why? I don´t understand it.

Hello Knorx,

Do you use Ro water? Or just plain tabwater? Also don't use any pH adjustmends like acid.

Pg

Only tapwater no Ph correctur or other things. Buffertabs, Symbiosis and Bacto is all i give to them.

• Like 1

Hi,

where are you living ? In a hot spot ? if you have the same weather of me, your plants eat a lot of Nitrogen when is hot, maybe if the temp is always up to 28C° you may need more N in your soil ?....

BUT as we can see, is the youngest leaf only, that mean that is not a mobile nutrient !!!! No Nitrogen; P K Mg ,Mo...

That can be Calcium or zinc (iron is semi mobile..) ... Maybe Phosphorous excess or zinc / Boron deficiency ?!

what you think ?

I take the Buffertabs for an easy way to grow and now i get problems i never had before.

I don't think that the product is bad, when you change you always need adaptation (and yes maybe your old product was better with your water at home).

How much buffer by pot and how many the pot ?

Dude, that just looks like FAST growth, they look healthy as heck.

Lots of my plants look like that once roots are established, and they enter a growth spurt. Looks to me like the pale green leaves are greening up as they age. A little strain dependent, but most of my new shoots are pale green initially, especially during the flowering stretch.

The mistake some make using fungi/bacteria additives is they vastly increase nutrient uptake. So, we start adding stuff when our plants look different, when unusually, we should be adding less. I haven't used the buffer tabs, but it looks like they are making your plants pretty happy.

Good luck. Less is more. :).

• Like 1

Try this web site....I use it all the time: http://www.growweedeasy.com/marijuana-symptoms-pictures

Try some CAL/MAG in your feedings.

Snook

Brother.....That is a ZINC DEFICIENCY! It's a PH Fluctuation problem. Your PH is not balanced. Please read the web site listed above on how to correct it.

Best of luck

Snook

Hi

at first glance it looked normal for a flowering plant. You usually see paler new growth which i attribute to speedy growth during the stretch. Upon closer inspection of your second pic, they are clearly burning up at the shoots.

To me, it looks like high temps and a possible over/under-abundance of nitrogen due to dark green lower fans but you said only plain water so far. Therefore it is probably an under abundance and/or lack of micro nutrient's. Not knowing what type of soil you have used, it is harder to guage whether or not your medium already contains certain nutrient values.

i would also follow snooksters advice of adding cal mag.

How are your roots if it is possible to examine them and ph of runoff?

i hope you resolve this

best vybez

they do not really look happy, imo.

how many tabs to what size of pots?

and are you maybe overwatering them, bro?

sometimes i get this a bit paler new growth from overwatering,

which looks similar to the slightly pale new growth of healthy

ones.

hope you get this resolved, mate ;)

Did u use loads of buffer tabs? Did u crush em up? I use 1 broke in two pieces in a 10ltre pot.

Bacto only needs t be used sparingly, an not to often.

Ive just had a summer of temps in the 30's, and my grow was fine.

Good luck. V.

Yes san, could be way to much water, maybe roots sufferin from some sort o rot?

:o

Its amazin how hard it is t just leave em alone when yer doin the 4 steps, u aint supposed t feed em till a month into flower, this makes u want to water them more to make it feel like u have something t do with the actual grow lol...but truth is u hardly have to do anythin to em, even water as an when they need it. V. :)

• Like 1

I check the PH in the Pot. I take some earth from the pot and put it in a cup with destilled water.

Ph is exact 6.5 the buffertabs do their job and buffer the soil right.

Soil is Plagron light mix and themps are 20-24 grad at night and 27-29 when the light´s on.

Light is 16xCXB 3590 dimmed at 500w because of the themps on 2.5qm. Normal 800w

The light is extra high over the plants because im afraid othat this was the problem.

But this was not the problem, I am sure.

I have 2 of the same clones on my balkony with the same tabs and other things and no problem.

• Like 1

2 Tabs per 11l pot. I water them like the last 6 years. I had no watering problems the last years and the roots

are white not brown or muddy.

The only thing different between the ones on the balcony and the tent ones , is the envioment they are in

Maybe not enough intake of air at night when temps low = intake fan slow or off , also higher humidity then too

Hopefully they grow out of it after they stretch : )

Edit .... Are the ones on the balcony a lot bigger ?

Ph at 6.5 in soil is good. Light mix soil leads me to believe its not over nuted. It is in the new growth so its an immobile element.

Grow space is 2.5 quarter metre or 2.5 sq metre? If it is quarter metre then 500w will make too much heat. If its square metre then 500w is probably not enough.

i have seen this happen in aeroponics when i had root rot. I would advice checking roots. If you have healthy white roots in the drain holes then you should be ok. If not, i'd be concerned with root rot possibly from overwatering. That would inhibit the roots ability to take up nutrients.

if all fails then a reveg will help recover any yield loss as the new shoots look a bit frazzled.

best vybez and good luck

It is almost impossible to over feed with the buffer tablets !

The first thing that pops my mind if I see this is they look over watered. I have also seen this when the lights where off for 2 days or more.

greetz sannie

• Like 9

It does look like an iron deficiency but I have to say I do not easily believe it is deficient something else is going on.

I have never seen an iron deficiency where it is not some other cause. Generally if you will run into iron issues in hydroponics with certain type of pumps or ph aspects. In soil this is pretty rare.

If plant pic was at night ok not as big deal maybe but if taken in day see how the leaves are droopy and curved down. This is indicative of unhappy roots.

Rule out:

Genetic aspect; some genetics are known for being a certain type of eater. Is this relevant at all?

Root Rot (if temperatures were high and water temp was high to warm when feeding this can effect for this) I do not think this is it but rule out.

Bugs, look for something munching. (possible but I do not think but check diligently)

I believe too wet with possible wrong conditions could of created issue an uptake aspect.

• Perhaps foliar feed with a Fulvic acid, Kelp, Amino acid (fish mix) (as directed for foliar), and a water soluble iron product. as directed for foliar and a wetting agent (very import) such as yucca or any non anti bacterial soap should do. a we bit goes a very long way.
  • The kelp and fulvic make each other work well, fulvic also pulls into the cells directly the calmag + or the iron depending on what you gave it. Example of water soluble water product http://www.naturesla...ct/liquid-iron/
  • Good information about chelated iron: http://www.smart-fer...m/articles/iron
  • Amino acids (in fish and kelp) help the plant uptake calcium in more locations and in volume. It is possible calcium is causing the issue but I do not easily believe this but I would not add calcium in addition at this moment but increase in its uptake by using amino acids.

Lets review though,

Plants not root bound in pots?

You only gave water and bacto?

No issues prior until now?

Temps have been stable?

Water is not calcium or iron heavy from tap? What is water quality or EC?

and the most important thing to check out,

Did you piss off any Voodoo ladies or such???

This is not an easy one I think if not a watering issue. At worst, be prepared to repot without tabs this time. Seems odd to affect all plants and not one or two so I do not believe easily root rots and not enough signs to indicate much towards other causes than wetness and/or light aspects. So if not too wet and no root issues, I would repot and consider it an issue voodoo. You might need a chicken...

Editing in,

I looked at your pics more. I see pretty good growth up until this point as if they hit a wall of an issue. I am more confident in thinking too wet.

This can happen, getting to wet, if say humidity is high and watering as normal. When humidity is high they will shut down to dramatically diminish in function until the environment is correct. If this is the case, increase air flow, decrease humidity best you can.

Pigging back off of Sannie, check your light timers.

• Like 1

First thank you all for helpig me this forum are very good i like it.

Grow space is 2.5 quarter metre or 2.5 sq metre? If it is quarter metre then 500w will make too much heat. If its square metre then 500w is probably not enough.

Oh sorry in german square meter is qm. My english is not the best. :blush: its 2.5sqm and 500w but only in veg now i turn the lights on at 800w LED.

and the most important thing to check out,

Did you piss off any Voodoo ladies or such???

So if not too wet and no root issues, I would repot and consider it an issue voodoo. You might need a chicken...

:lol: Oh no were can i buy a chicken.

Now I think it is a water problem

It is almost impossible to over feed with the buffer tablets !

The first thing that pops my mind if I see this is they look over watered. I have also seen this when the lights where off for 2 days or more.

greetz sannie

I look now a second time for the roots. And then i saw the roots are white but the earth is on the bottom

of the pot very wet. But the rest from the pot is most dry but i give water 2 days ago to them . :blink: I never see that before.

I think you right

The the middle of the pot are total dry and take no water but they don´t drink the water from the bottom.

Now i order Yucca from you sannie i hope that helps to wet the

pots right when they take no more water on the dry spots in the pot. Wat can i do now to solve the problem?

I put al Pots on 5cm sticks for better airflow under the pot. I hope fore faster dry. Should i dry the pots completly

and then watered with yucca? Do you think that´s enogh to solve the Problem?

I sent the money out today. I hope the yucca come quick :(

• Like 2

Knorx.

I would let them dry until the plants actually look like their calling for water. Ive found that if I check my plants each day I tend to interfere with their growth.. When you know that the pot is dry lift it and try to get a feel for its weight, water the plant, then lift it again and feel the difference, use this as your guide to watering. My grow space goes through condition changes as the weather changes so a "set" watering schedule or feeding for that matter, doesn't work for me, I live near the ocean and humidity levels rise and fall almost daily. Remember we are dealing with a weed like product that in natural surroundings pretty much can grow on its own with little help from humans. With the exception of pest I believe a delay in action is best before adding food or supplements to my plants.

A side note, check your lighting, recently had a ballast blow on me and just prior to it my plants were not taking water up as fast and plants tended to act strange. Brother good luck, keep it green!!!!!

Peace

Billman

• Like 2

Ah ok now i check it why they don´t drink the water. :|

A few days ago the the timerclock was damage and the light was 24/7 on for 2 maybe 3 days.

In these days i lollipop them because i dont check the timerclock. :wacko:

And then i water them but they made an total stop and dont drink it.

Than they have wet feets i think. Oh man :wtf2:

That is a silly mistake :thumbsdown: i hope i can solve the Problem

The Plants stand now on sticks and its running 3 Fan´s to bring air under the pots.

gallery_16578_5674_441402.jpg

gallery_16578_5674_758913.jpg

gallery_16578_5674_771118.jpg

gallery_16578_5674_264312.jpg

This runs starts so good with extrem healthy plants and now this. I hope the yucca comes quickly and help´s

• Like 5

What Sannie said. Again, compared to many grows, those look pretty healthy, they are just stretching. We all stress over our babies :)

Think this through: we've learned that it might be zinc, calmag, root rot, sulfur, PH, heat, and over watering. Hint: In soilless mix, it's never PH.

Plants almost always suffer because we've done too much, doing more just makes it worse. If you've got a reasonable, complete nute regimen, let them dry out a bit, and leave them alone. Flushing will just re-soak the medium, compounding the overwatering issue, and make "recovery" slower, if it is overwatering.

If you want to do something, that won't mess up anything else, try 1 heaping t per gal Azomite, next time you water, lots of gardeners swear by it. The stuff is magic dust, I swear my plants look happier within 24 hours, it won't burn, or harm your plants, just happy trace minerals. About 10 bucks for a bag on Amazon.

Good luck, I think you're going to have a fine crop.

• Like 1

Hi

I would allow pots to fully dry before watering. When it is light to lift up pot, then watering is required. I would advise to feed from the bottom and allow the pot to wick up the water to avoid overwatering issues. feed from the top once in a while so roots up top dont suffer too much

best vybez

• Like 3