40 replies to this topic

#1 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:28 PM

hey guys! is someone out there who have experience with hawaiian genetics?

i got a bud from a buddy he said it was maui waui but i don't know the breeder, (un)fortunatly it was seeded. the explanations by him make no sense to me at all ("the plant doesn't feel so good in that cab...") and i got not more information.

i picked the seeds out of the bud, rolled a sport. cigarette and smoked it half. it has kind of no taste maybe a bit spicey...but the buzz actually is quite good. sativaish very smooth high, no tiredness, kind of a 'happy' feeling - real good i want more... i dont know whether i should pop em or get my own pack from somewhere.

any thoughts?

greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#2 Barrie84

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1201 posts

Posted 27 September 2016 - 02:34 PM

If you like it pop it.... great strains comming out of bagseed!!
Hybride Freak

#3 Hemp

Learning Grower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 02:12 AM

I had once a Hawaiian Snow from greenhouse
It was from a mix pack and only 1 seed, but the plant was very, very nice
not a great yielder but nice dense buds with a fresh, sweet roasted onion smell (just like they describe it in the grow sessions video :P )
the power plant from my current grow has a similar smell, but less pronounced than the hawaiian snow, but overall the hawaiian smells better.
And the hawaiian snow was also really potent stuff, very electric high which made me kinda paranoid haha

sadly the clones i took didnt root (it was winter, guess the temps dropped too low), but i plan on gettin a pack of the hawaiian snow and try to find a worthy representative of the pheno i had.
Granted it was like 5 or 6 years ago and i dont know if they changed anything,but if i find one, it will be grown every time i do a sativa grow ;)
i think greenhouse has pretty average seeds, but the hawaiian is a winner for sure (and i thinkit has won a cup here and there btw^^)

edit:

forgot to mention i harvested the hawaiian snow around week 10 if i remember right, so if you let it go a week or 2 longer the high will eventually mellow out a bit,i will test it if i get the chance

#4 Papalag

Old school hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 05:42 AM

Hi karma
Joti has a Hawaian that look good never tried it
I always wanted to try the Hawaian
Smoked it back in the 60s don't remember much of it other then it was the shit
Papalag

#5 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:22 AM

hey guys, thanks for the input! i guess i just pop a seed and see what happens. the thing is that the bud was too heavy seeded for a 'survival mode' seedstock in a plant so either it's hermi or pollinated by a male. he claims there where no males in the cab sooo... i'll see :)

have a great bergfest everyone!

greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#6 takeustoyourwanna

Learning Grower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:15 AM

if a person grew out hermy pollenated plants and pollenated them with feminized/selfed pollen before there could be any male flowers (and continually prune pollen sacks an harvest the seeds), what would the outcome be?

#7 Guest_Provence_*

• Guests

Posted 28 September 2016 - 07:30 AM

Karma, why wouldn't you start with a classic from Sensi - Hawaiian Indica ?

Nirvana, while unexpensive, really breeds amazing genetics. They haave Maui Waui.

Motarebel/Hazeman have Molokai Frost which is also a hundre percent hawaiian

Sagarmatha Hawaiian Punch, and he's a good breeder tambien, just have to see his blueberry and yumboldt..

Soma uses hawaiian genetics a lot.

Hawaiian Snow is top grade smoke but it's feminized and the breeders a bad mofo

G13 Haze from Barney's is Hawaiian x G13, also very very good and tight dense calyx buds
feminized but at least he doesn't spread his genetics in poor farming areas

I don't know it shouldn't be too hard to find top grade hawaiian genetics

Hope it helped

Greetz Prov :wave:

#8 ifish

>< {{{{{ *<

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1591 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:28 AM

Pineapple punch
And the real McCoy
By Flying Dutchman

#9 saxo

GroMagnon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5962 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:45 AM

...i´m with Berrie on this !

i still got some Hawaiian Indica f2 (or xed with??) from 1997...i doubt,they still vital lol

View PostProvence, on 28 September 2016 - 07:30 AM, said:

Karma, why wouldn't you start with a classic from Sensi - Hawaiian Indica ? .....
...is the HI still available at Sensi??

"Good People don´t smoke Marijuana"

Jeff Sessions

#10 medipuffs

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 11:18 AM

I purchased 2 packages of chimera's gear when hemp depot was having a promotion last summer and received a 10 pack of chimera's modern mix, which consisted of randoms from his new lines that hit the floor during harvest. He stated that the larger sativa seeds would break out of their bracts while drying before and at a higher ratio then the indica counterparts.

In my package I was fortunate to get a female "hawaiian spice" that smells like christmas cider and orange rinds with a mellow clear long lasting happy high. She flowered for 14 weeks and was short, stocky and christmas tree shaped with perfect symmetry. She was seeded by a NL male and I am currently growing out a bunch of seedlings. The first i harvested was quite enjoyable.

The Brothers of Eternal Love are said to have brought a bunch of mexican and columbian genetics to the islands way back when...who knows eh haha :)

Chimera ~ "The seeds were sent to me by a grower in Hawaii. I was told the genetics were Kuai Electric/ Blood, but I haven't ever been able to confirm the genetic heritage so I just left it as Hawaiian."

https://www.icmag.co...d.php?p=7516729

#11 takeustoyourwanna

Learning Grower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:07 AM

View Posttakeustoyourwanna, on 28 September 2016 - 07:15 AM, said:

if a person grew out hermy pollenated plants and pollenated them with feminized/selfed pollen before there could be any male flowers (and continually prune pollen sacks an harvest the seeds), what would the outcome be?

about this, i think i meant,

would they be feminized seed or hermy if a fem plant got tagged with fem pollen instead of reg?

i read that the seed from pollination of a feminized plant with regular pollen produces hermy seed. my wording choice was poor.

#12 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8921 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 02 November 2016 - 07:59 AM

The Hawaiian weed we used to get in the late 70s/early 80s was fucking fantastic. The offspring, grown in southern Connecticut, was never as good as the parent, but was as good as the Columbian Gold I used to grow at the same time.

I would love to find some Hawaiian reminiscent of those days. I'll sprout some more of JOTI's Blue Hawaiian in the future, but the one female I got from 5 seeds (four males) was not what I was looking for. I can't judge the strain by one plant, though.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#13 Mordanius

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:52 PM

The most psychedelic-like weed I've ever grown or smoked was the Molokai Frost that I received as a freebie from purchasing Motarebel's Star Kush F2 from the shop here. The three females that I got from the freebie pack were extremely vigorous, very uniform, and each possessed the psychedelic mindf*ck.

I vegged them for 4 weeks from seed under 24/0 photoperiod and flowered them for 15 weeks under 12/12 (70% cloudy 5% amber). They remained healthy and green until the very end with white pistils never ending (one phenotype produced pink pistils). The flower structure was moderate in density and stacked oblong shaped calyxes covered with many, many slim trichromes. Each had the smell of rotting fruit and potent spice, the taste was the exact same. The yield was massive.

The effect after a 6 week cure honestly had people questioning what it was that they had smoked. I've seen a person call an ambulance in a panic after a single toke off a blunt - fearing that they were having a heart attack. At least 5 people have stood up and passed out stone cold after a smoke session with this weed. It isn't for beginners by any means. For hardcore tokers it has proven terrifying, 5 hours rip roaring with free fall effect.

This is my only experience with authentic Hawaiian cannabis genetics and it is quite legendary to those who have tried it.

#14 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8921 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

"I've seen a person call an ambulance in a panic after a single toke off a blunt - fearing that they were having a heart attack. At least 5 people have stood up and passed out stone cold after a smoke session with this weed. It isn't for beginners by any means. For hardcore tokers it has proven terrifying, 5 hours rip roaring with free fall effect."

Sounds to me like a good time was had by one and all.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#15 Mordanius

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

It is quite amusing to see people react in such ways to cannabis. It made the legend of the weed that much greater. In the instance where the person phoned the ambulance - the police had arrived with the ambulance to the house we were partying at and that really had everyone trippin'. Luckily we just sent out the person who had called and shut the door without any problems.

#16 bigun

old time grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4817 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 05:57 PM

now that is the type of weed I am looking for..

I haven't had anything that would send me tripping for 5 hours since I left tyland after an r&r there in 69..lol

#17 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1573 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 06:24 PM

I've had that but many moons ago, shoot the 70's? Was it around lol I swear I had some when a teen.

Heck I would just grow her out without any others in the room. Well if there was no male..............
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#18 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8921 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 06:07 AM

Back then, I used to like to surprise people with powerful weed. In the late 70s/early 80s on the east coast, weed that was typically passed around at parties was a mid-grade weed that we referred to as "commercial Colombian." It was good, but not as good as gold, and not nearly as good as Thai, Hawaiian, and the African strains that made their way to us.

I'd roll up a few joints of $200/oz Hawaiian (commercial Colombian was $30 - $40/oz) and watch the fun. One guy, known as a story-teller, was in the middle of one of his stories, when he stopped dead with a confused, frightened look on his face. "What am I talking about??" was all he got out. He never got back on track that night.

No one every called an ambulance, but I did get a guy to fall to the floor and twitch, which was kind of alarming.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#19 Darth Budder

Huh?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:24 AM

LOL there was a football player here that happened to. He smoked weed, and only weed if he is to be believed (and reading this, i now believee it). He had such a freak out he called the cops, stripped to his shorts, and ran to the police station. The team fired the poor guy.

HA! people cant handle theirr drugs man.

The closest experience I had to that was from my begining days of smoking. Was driving my dads car, and the spedometer kept spinning way higher then i was going. Or at least i thought it was? Maybe i was looking at the RPMS? dont fucking know.

other then that, i have had the "Im so stoned I am fogetting to breath" feeling. That is sometimes not pleasent.

DB
"The woods are lovely, dark, and deep, But I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep, And miles to go before I sleep."

#20 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:37 AM

some weed had me walking around for 2 hours searching for reality...idk what it was but it was some crazy shit! :icecream: