•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Magic M

The Organic Armchair Lounge

hey magic..good luck.

too rich for me though.

Thanx Bigun

Thanx for popping in

feel free to post any alternative ideas or your set up for that matter. i am open to suggestions

Have you tried placing the 1000w ers with the same spacing as the gativa people suggested for theirs , for the time being ?

• Like 1

Here's a little veg tea recipe both simple and effective. copy/paste

"5 gallons of water

1.5 cups alfalfa meal

1/4 cup kelp meal

I brew/aerate for 24-36 hours and apply.

The application of alfalfa tea in most mainstream gardening is to enhance flower and bud set. I'm not sure why it's held by some in the cannabis growing deal that it's a bad thing."

CC

• Like 2

just popping in to say hello all, thanks for the great thread magic.

i didnt think many people here would be buying the gravitas i was lead to believe they are owned\made buy monsanto.

a quick ? if you dont mind.

im allways wondring how to get more silica in my soil i have used all the nettles and rice hulls etc. but i see people using agsil 16. is this used for water teas?

i cant get it for love nor money and the best silica i can get here is the yellow bottle(bloom nutrients) silica now i use this in my weekly ipm but would this be safe to add to a tea or watering ill get the ingredients as soon as i can get in the groom.

blessings and grattitude

Redz

Have you tried placing the 1000w ers with the same spacing as the gativa people suggested for theirs , for the time being ?

i only have 4 lights in there presently . i was thinking about maybe just adding 2 1000w halide s in the middle but would that still put up the #'s that gavita could??? this is the $3000 question

Here's a little veg tea recipe both simple and effective. copy/paste

"5 gallons of water

1.5 cups alfalfa meal

1/4 cup kelp meal

I brew/aerate for 24-36 hours and apply.

The application of alfalfa tea in most mainstream gardening is to enhance flower and bud set. I'm not sure why it's held by some in the cannabis growing deal that it's a bad thing."

CC

Great recipe AGP i dont know why more people dont use alfalfa . i use it regularly

just popping in to say hello all, thanks for the great thread magic.

i didnt think many people here would be buying the gravitas i was lead to believe they are owned\made buy monsanto.

a quick ? if you dont mind.

im allways wondring how to get more silica in my soil i have used all the nettles and rice hulls etc. but i see people using agsil 16. is this used for water teas?

i cant get it for love nor money and the best silica i can get here is the yellow bottle(bloom nutrients) silica now i use this in my weekly ipm but would this be safe to add to a tea or watering ill get the ingredients as soon as i can get in the groom.

blessings and grattitude

Redz

Redz,

Welcome my friend to the Organic arm chair.. Do you have horse tail ferns growing in your area? they are a great source for silica. right now i am using a bottled potassium silicate as well but will be buying agsil16 from bioAg when its done

• Like 1

People maybe don't use alfalfa because of it's high N value and the extra 'hotness' it can have if used improperly.

btw I use Comfrey for silica mostly. 1/4-1/2 recommended dose of agisil would be my recommendation when you 1st. start using it.

think that's like 1/8 tsp. lol

thanks guys

i have got some comfrey seeds to plant in the spring but i did cut down some borage also but there was'nt alot lol,

no horse tail either, when you say pottasium siliacate mr magic do you mean the same as me.

i did pick up dried comfrey leaf from planet organic so i can add this to a tea.

my closest bioag is in germany i believe so aint got a clue how ill get the agsil or any of the bioag products come to that.

Redz

• Like 1

People maybe don't use alfalfa because of it's high N value and the extra 'hotness' it can have if used improperly.

btw I use Comfrey for silica mostly. 1/4-1/2 recommended dose of agisil would be my recommendation when you 1st. start using it.

think that's like 1/8 tsp. lol

comfrey is a great biodynamic accumulator. i will be purchasing some bocking 14 cultivar come spring. i have fields of borage ,mullein and yarrow growing in my yard and already have a huge pile composting

• Like 1

thanks guys

i have got some comfrey seeds to plant in the spring but i did cut down some borage also but there was'nt alot lol,

no horse tail either, when you say pottasium siliacate mr magic do you mean the same as me.

i did pick up dried comfrey leaf from planet organic so i can add this to a tea.

my closest bioag is in germany i believe so aint got a clue how ill get the agsil or any of the bioag products come to that.

Redz

I have canna max pot. silicate i mix 1 ml per gallon makes pro tect. its a gel

Familiar with Protekt-- sounds like you are set up for compost hehe

• Like 1

Lord guy this is really cool, soil, worms, and some really nice looking plants.

Thanx Gardenartus, like i said before its a work in progress . The funny thing is 6 months ago i snubbed my nose to the whole idea of organic growing . then i stumbled on to no till gardening & several other organic threads on grasscity & IC mag .I started reading everything i could find on organics & 2 weeks later i had all the ingredients for my first batch of soil, had my worm bin built & now i will NEVER go back to bottled nutes. I LOVE ORGANIC GARDENING. i am completely Obsessed!!! This adventure is just beginning and I look forward to sharing it with everyone

I have canna max pot. silicate i mix 1 ml per gallon makes pro tect. its a gel

Canna max I'll have to check out and I'll take it I can use the bloom pot silicate to get the same thing right?

I can't get protekt either lol

Redz

• Like 1

https://www.opengrow...tea-coot-style/

Protekt recipe on the cheap ya'all

thats a great link , nice to see we went to the same school. i have learned so much in the last 6 months it ridiculous . its funny cause when i 1st started this organics thing i was very careful to measure out this or that. now that i have a feel for it i just grab a hand ful of this or a scoop of that. the 1 thing that i still weigh out are the ful power and humic acids. i hear that overdosing on these WILL cause mutations that are uncorrectable. i am thinking about trying it on a strain that im culling anyways .I will start with a double dose & work up from there. sounds like fun , i will post the results.

• Like 1

I was doing notills a while, then I found and read up on what I was doing from more experienced types. ie Bluejay, Coot etc. Then Organic Obsession started a notill thread here...

Never really conversed on that forum or posted actually. Just read and reread hundreds of pages to glean out new to me info.

• Like 2

I was doing notills a while, then I found and read up on what I was doing from more experienced types. ie Bluejay, Coot etc. Then Organic Obsession started a notill thread here...

Never really conversed on that forum or posted actually. Just read and reread hundreds of pages to glean out new to me info.

i was growing in dirt & a little hydro and always got OK harvests but i wanted to know how to grow the best weed & everything thing i read told me organics is the way to go. i started reading everything i could find. i was literally reading and re reading 12hrs a day spending another 5 or 6 hrs in my rooms and sleeping the rest of the day. within 2 weeks of finding the no till thread I had had bought my base & amendments and built my 1st batch. A week after that I had my worm bins in full swing. A little Obsessive ya think???? I drive my wife crazy , organics is all i talk about . lol I will never go back to my old methods..

Jerry111165 & Pakalolo aka "T O O" have been personal mentors to me and Coot & Blue jay are my organic heros although i have never had communications with them.

• Like 2

Maybe obsessive is relative. My wife is contantly 'having to be patient' with all my canna genetics and microbiology talk. hehe

Those above listed guys are amazing resources of info and experience. I hit the 1st thread @ 68 pages and read it all then came back around pg 300 and realized there was more...

I tbh found notill-rofl somewhat boring. The weed just grows itself. And if you aren't very careful certain bugs such as Thrips seem to like notills. But there's ways around that. It is just to slow can't contantly move plants as I like to.

But the raw experience and knowledge is still top notch. :)

• Like 2

Maybe obsessive is relative. My wife is contantly 'having to be patient' with all my canna genetics and microbiology talk. hehe

Those above listed guys are amazing resources of info and experience. I hit the 1st thread @ 68 pages and read it all then came back around pg 300 and realized there was more...

I tbh found notill-rofl somewhat boring. The weed just grows itself. And if you aren't very careful certain bugs such as Thrips seem to like notills. But there's ways around that. It is just to slow can't contantly move plants as I like to.

But the raw experience and knowledge is still top notch. :)

LOL Its the same thing in my house...."is that all you think about" she says to me all the time

ya those guys changed EVERYTHING for me. i read 678pgs of one thread + another 700ish of another & a couple hundred pages on a few other forums as well. that info has been invaluable .

i noticed when i fist started with my soil that fungus gnats just ;loved it. i use mosquito in my rez and they are a thing of the past. and spider mites are a distant memory

• Like 2

Thrips and white flies were more annoying for me in rofl. I haven't had mites inside since '04 thankfully.

• Like 2

Thrips and white flies were more annoying for me in rofl. I haven't had mites inside since '04 thankfully.

i used to be over run with the little fuckers constantly. couldnt get rid of them no matter what i used ....even avid wouldnt work. now there is no sign of them... gone , finished, kaput.

Ive never had thrips or white flies..... knock on wood

powdery mildew was a problem a few years back but with the ventilation & resistant genetics i have now its a thing of the past

• Like 2

Oh this just all sounds like me pmsl except I no longer have a girlfriend, but like I told her if you can't handle the heat get out my garden pmsl.

I'm fixated on SAR & JAR at the moment this is another place I've just become indulged in I've got some great papers on this that I'll put here.

Am I allowed to post links here Mr magic ?

Hempyfan, I have to thankyou again kind sir for the directions into a new world for me thank you kindly sir.

Oh and good morning from here have a great weekend people

Blessings and grattitude

Redz

• Like 1