•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Hatter

Aztec Rain: An Under Appreciated Gem

I have a bad habit of wandering off into the real world and forgetting all about this forum for months on end, but having grown out Aztec Rain recently I thought I owed it to the creator of this awesome strain to give him a little bit of feedback and a thank you.

Due to ending up with more female Holy Princess plants than intended, I had to pick just one of my two Aztec Rain testers for flowering. That one plant, however, was quite the gem.

Both plants were healthy and fast growing but the keeper was just insane in this regard, one of the fastest growing plants I have come across and I grow crazy sativas so I have seen some real beasts in my time. The keeper grew roughly twice as fast and big as any of the Holy Princess plants which were started and taken down at the exact same time. It ended up about 5 feet tall with a medium lanky structure.

The plant budded nicely with long frosty spear type buds covering the branches. The spears were medium dense and smelled strongly of a heavenly sour raspberry lime funk. Overall the yield was above average for an 8 1/2 week flowering plant. The smell and bud structure actually reminds me a little of Mextiza which is another Oaxican hybrid I sometimes grow.

The smoke has a very nice uplifting and warm social quality to it. Like other Oaxican hybrids that I have tried the effect is strong and a bit trippy. I would rate the smell and taste as among the best I have had, right up there with Holy Princess. The quality of the buzz is also excellent. It has a unique buzz that is a cut above what I usually find at the dispensaries. It's strong smoke, a solid 8.5/10 for potency. I've seen this stuff make serious smokers go quiet and fade out into their own little world after half a dozen rips.

My only complaint is the plant ended up with a mold problem in the top cola. This was likely due in part to an ailing fan and the resulting stagnant air and a bit of over watering. Still, despite the abuse it was my only plant to mold this time so it does seem like it may have a slight predisposition to it so it is something to keep in mind when caring for this strain.

All in all this is one of the best plants I have had turn up in quite some time. It's a unique strain that I will have to grow out some more to see what else the gene pool has to offer. If this one plant is any indication, this is a very worthwhile strain. It's a shame so little information and feedback exists on this one. I would put this strain on par with Holy Princess which is high praise.

Thanks for the quality genetics, Esko.

• Like 19

Thanks hatter. Nice report and I'm sure you will have piqued the interest of more than a few..... mine has been at least, that's for sure.

I really liked the smell-fruity and fuel?- and the uplifting high. The buds I got are not dense, so I wouldn't say it looks good in a bag. It is kind of underrated on these forums. I've never tried chocolate rain, but it seems like they would both appeal to the same type of stoner.

• Like 1

Mine doesnt smell like fuel for me. Pure fruity and light sour notes with a creamy taste!

I really enjoy this weed.

The high is so warm and anti depressive!

The buds from my pheno are dense and have weight.

luv it!

gallery_11183_5653_117101.jpg

thx hatter1

• Like 17

I planted one seed of this in the garden just for the fun of it.

Completely neglected it,bad soil,no nutes.

It stayed really small.

The buds looked and smelled good.

But because of how it was grown I completely underestimated it!

I thought i wasn't gonna get so high...man I was wrong!

I was more high/stoned then dealer weed got me.

Really good strain!

• Like 1

have to agree!! Atze is one of my esko fav´s too....the purple one is a pleasure to smoke.....yummy!!!

the green phenos doing great as well.....

gallery_1237_692_254659.jpg

....one of the frostiest shit, i ever grew

• Like 14

Mine doesnt smell like fuel for me. Pure fruity and light sour notes with a creamy taste!

I really enjoy this weed.

The high is so warm and anti depressive!

The buds from my pheno are dense and have weight.

luv it!

gallery_11183_5653_117101.jpg

thx hatter1

have to agree!! Atze is one of my esko fav´s too....the purple one is a pleasure to smoke.....yummy!!!

I have a bad habit of wandering off into the real world and forgetting all about this forum for months on end, but having grown out Aztec Rain recently I thought I owed it to the creator of this awesome strain to give him a little bit of feedback and a thank you.

Due to ending up with more female Holy Princess plants than intended, I had to pick just one of my two Aztec Rain testers for flowering. That one plant, however, was quite the gem.

Both plants were healthy and fast growing but the keeper was just insane in this regard, one of the fastest growing plants I have come across and I grow crazy sativas so I have seen some real beasts in my time. The keeper grew roughly twice as fast and big as any of the Holy Princess plants which were started and taken down at the exact same time. It ended up about 5 feet tall with a medium lanky structure.

The plant budded nicely with long frosty spear type buds covering the branches. The spears were medium dense and smelled strongly of a heavenly sour raspberry lime funk. Overall the yield was above average for an 8 1/2 week flowering plant. The smell and bud structure actually reminds me a little of Mextiza which is another Oaxican hybrid I sometimes grow.

The smoke has a very nice uplifting and warm social quality to it. Like other Oaxican hybrids that I have tried the effect is strong and a bit trippy. I would rate the smell and taste as among the best I have had, right up there with Holy Princess. The quality of the buzz is also excellent. It has a unique buzz that is a cut above what I usually find at the dispensaries. It's strong smoke, a solid 8.5/10 for potency. I've seen this stuff make serious smokers go quiet and fade out into their own little world after half a dozen rips.

My only complaint is the plant ended up with a mold problem in the top cola. This was likely due in part to an ailing fan and the resulting stagnant air and a bit of over watering. Still, despite the abuse it was my only plant to mold this time so it does seem like it may have a slight predisposition to it so it is something to keep in mind when caring for this strain.

All in all this is one of the best plants I have had turn up in quite some time. It's a unique strain that I will have to grow out some more to see what else the gene pool has to offer. If this one plant is any indication, this is a very worthwhile strain. It's a shame so little information and feedback exists on this one. I would put this strain on par with Holy Princess which is high praise.

Thanks for the quality genetics, Esko.

Out of likes. Good info. guys. Makes a fella wanna spend $25 in the shop. Sounds like a winner.

• Like 3

@saxo

ATZE !!! *ROFL* ... that's a hilarious nickname :rofl

(it's a german thing, hard to explain, lol)

• Like 5

when i read it first i was watching atze schröders begging for money on night wash :D

• Like 5

Nice feedback, I wholeheartedly agree. Aztec Rain is one of my favorites to grow and smoke and really stands out with it's unique smell and effects.

Purple colors and a full bouquet of berries and red wine.

AR1.jpg

• Like 11

It appears I'm not the only one who has had some sweet results with this strain. :icecream:

It's nice to see quality work being done with land race strains. I've always been a big fan of land race sativa crosses because they tend have the best of both worlds. Land race strains often have unique buzzes that you simply do not find in commercial poly hybrids, but they are also often a pain in the ass to grow, have poor bud structure and take forever to flower. The first generation crosses often have a lot of the fun effects the land race strain had along with some of the vigor, but with a much better plant and bud structure and a shorter flowering time. I've grown out two different Oaxican hybrids now and both have had similarly strong, upbeat buzzes that leave me laughing. The quality of the effect is really what has set them apart for me. Mextiza and Aztec Rain are some of the few strains I can actually use to fight off depression. I look forward to trying more of Esko's Mexican land race work. So far I am quite impressed.

• Like 6

Out of likes. Good info. guys. Makes a fella wanna spend $25 in the shop. Sounds like a winner.

I would say it isnt an investment. Its a present!

Winner!

Nice to see the green one saxo! how does it smell man?

And....did you keep her? :wave:

@saxo

ATZE !!! *ROFL* ... that's a hilarious nickname :rofl

(it's a german thing, hard to explain, lol)

Didn't you know sanman?, lol? Saxo created this very funny name..

it fits so damn good.. :icecream: :showoff:

@blaze

What a nice lady!!!!!!

berries and red wine thats it!!!

cheers bros

• Like 2

Just saw this, I think Aztec​ rocks.

In fact I have 10 due in flower room in a few weeks.

The problem I have with esko gear is they all kick ass lol.

I find myself just repeating the same assessment of all the gear.

I'm excited to see how they do with just a 4 week veg as last time I begged longer.

• Like 2

I enjoyed it quite a bit but I had a different pheno. 2 females, both similar and def leaning towards the chocolate rain. One of my favorite flavors in a long time, no fuel though, just fermenting fruit red wine slightly sour/skunkiness. Tastes and smells amazing. Easy to grow plant that stank heavily in veg also. I'd say indica Dom, I'm surprised of your comparison to Mextiza. I found Mextiza and Chimera's HMxBB both to be way more Mexican in appearance with more slender leaves, lankier growth and a much stronger uplifting buzz. But that's the beauty of my pheno anyway, not overpowering or long legged but leaves you with a huge smile, great vibes and no crash. It's a short lived effect in comparison to what it ran with but I enjoy it every bit as much for different reasons, and great tasty party weed that won't have people puking or passed out if they had a few drinks. I guess I should run my other beans, I'd love a more Mexican Dom pheno but I'm guessing his Oaxacan was previously hybridized. This is based solely on my limited experience with mextiza and highland Mexican x blueberry.

• Like 3

Friend vegged aztec rain chocorain pheno for 4-5 weeks in hydro and flowered around 8 and got 250g medium sized bush with long and hard colas.. very very nice smoke and could be used even in commercial growing tho I might suggest chocorain rather for commercial..

• Like 1

"atze" is good smoke for sure !!

careful, mates. using any of esko's could result in "blue meth"-effect :lol: *busted in no time*

(as in: it would end up being the best in the area and then it is just a matter of time, imvho.)

LOL

• Like 4

"atze" is good smoke for sure !!

careful, mates. using any of esko's could result in "blue meth"-effect :lol: *busted in no time*

(as in: it would end up being the best in the area and then it is just a matter of time, imvho.)

LOL

The man speaks truth.

Mine is Strong orange taste

Unique

I smoke joint with a few

All are like that's different.

I'm like ...yeh a friend gave me a joint

From Canada lol.

• Like 3

I'd love to run the Aztec Rain. That would sure bring back the memories.

Have any of you grown the Xocolope?

You should

I have several times

I am in organised

Run lots

Haphazrd

The last time I fucked up and did it right

Even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while hehe

I found a phenomenal pheno of pure orange taste.

Every toke every time you open the jar it reeks sweet orange.

I will keep her forever with luck

• Like 1

I have some going right now. Barely any attention and have beat the crap of her she seems to take it. Grown under much less than ideal conditions. 130w cheap led, npk raw nutes.

She's in week 4 flower right now already pretty frosty. Has a fruity smell that's hard to put my finger on. Like a creamy pear with hints of orange/strawberry candy. Can't wait to try her when shes done, still has a while to go! I'm not expecting a monster yield but was surprised on what this little light is capable of quality wise.

This pic is from around 3-3.5 wk flower. Will post harvest pictures plus a review when she's ready in 1-1.5 months or so. If the current smells and looks coming off this plant are any prediction of the future I'm going to love this strain. Glad I still have more of it.

gallery_18306_6068_665634.jpg

• Like 3

Hell yeah the purple one was crazy something that is one of a kind such a strong smell

The bud almost didnt smell like weed more like chewing gum strong candy or soda pop i hate all those things but aztac rain is amazing reminds me of the holly princese showed some to someone in my family and they were like what the fuck it was funny the look on thire face

• Like 1