•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

charred420

charred420

Very informative hempy :)

The reason i believe all is well is because this is something ive seen regularly with the superfast growth associated with growing hydroponically. Normally if there was to be a problem, the new growth would look sick and abnormally pale/possibly twisted and/or thin leaves. I see the new growth is healthy and the light green seems to be getting darker as the leaves mature. The ph being in range solidifies my belief. I could well be wrong but im fairly confident in my observation.

I have never used ph perfect but i would prefer to use something i have more control over. Standard ph up/down is what i would use personally. I think you know more than me regarding this product

@charred when setting a new rez, i aim to start at 5.5. From there the ph will steadily rise with a non infected rez. I let it build to around 6.2 - 6.3 before bringing down to 5.8 after some days. That way i try to utilise all available nutes through the recommended range. In flower i prefer my rez to be around 5.6 to 5.8. Dont know if this info is relevent but it might help at some point.

best vybez og

• Like 3

Charred, I am very glad to help and in this instance their was a grey area in my knowledge. At the very least the discussion on it is beneficial. All I hope is that anything learned is passed on.

Which is a natural thing and it goes without saying. I learned and still learn mostly from non cannabis directions so I tend to see things very different than most. No marketing bias or tainted information as typical with cannabis. Most of the sites regarding cannabis are not quite ethical. Opengrow is an exception and I am glad you found us.

I appreciate your words much. I will smoke in honor of the 3 of us. Dr. Don Bonez, you and I. Some special crater lake #5 and a dab of wand hash!

Danka Dr. Don Bonez! I was hoping some clarification on it.

For me, I am more dirt experienced but I know a bit and have some mileage with hydro but not on the same footing so I am not as confident on as many hydro issues as their are some aspects I am not well versed on such as iron issues as this is typically a hydroponics issues or in weird soil instances.

This is a classic case of where my inexperience had to be leaned on a more "text book information direction" and thus why I was concerned at what I saw but not confident in it. Text books often never know about reality hehe.

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Hempyfan

Jah Bless!

• Like 3

Hi hempy

you are like an open book of knowledge. Your info is probably more valuable than mine as you take the time to backup what you say :). Much respect

Enjoy that crater lake and dab for all of us

best vybez

• Like 2

Hi there! Mr Hempyfan and Mr, no, Dr, Don Bonez.

I truly appreciate both your input, concern, suggestions and conversation.

I had a look at my plants when the lights came on. Although i DO notice pale colored leaves, the new growth, i notice it includes the whole leaf, vein included. I read iron deficiency would still leave the vein green. Furthermore, i read Iron deficiency leads to slow, twisted, abnormal growth. Not the case my good sirs. That bubblegum girl is but 40 days old in that pic. She a beast. These girls are 9 days into flower. This is my first indoor. Perhaps that contributes to the lighter color? Transition between vegetative state and flowering? Perhaps, i am no expert.

In conclusion, i am reassured that all is well, and the lighter colored top is healthy, vigorous growth. Exactly the reason i wanted to try DWC. Fast growth, Large yeilds. Combined with a delicious flavor, i am kinda hoping this girl finishes and finishes healthy.

This discussion has been beneficial in several factors Hempyfan. It has given us both some insight. It's taught me a little bit about the importance of maintaining a proper ph, as nutrients are available, but more importantly not available, in different ranges..

It has also made me a bit more comfortable here on this site.

I did have a rocky start here on OG. Ive spent many hours reading in the last couple of day. Its a wealth of knowledge. Most of the members seem like real solid, kind, genuine folk. I post one pic and folks take hours of personal time to help sort out a potential problem.

I particularily enjoy the pics and grow reports from everyone.

I cant seem to get enough.......

So, Cheers, Mr Hempyfan and Mr, no, Dr Don Bonez.

Ps, Mr Hempyfan, i just loved the comment about regrowing my thumb back green.

That is my plan! I had a horrible accident at work, and messed up my whole hand, lost my thumb. It went thru a gear and chain in a sawmill.

I said before, it gave me an opportunity to stay home with my outdoor garden this year, and i really developed a love for my plants.

I couldnt imagine waiting until spring to have another garden...My tent is quite therapeutic. I've set up my computer downstairs beside my tent.

Open grow is on my screen. Live grow is right beside me.

• Like 4

I used to work in a saw mill my father ran. I saw a lot of accidents like yours over my 5 years there. I had a metal band snap on a bundle of boards and it sliced my eye right open. Pretty fucked at the time but it actually healed for the most part. My father had most of his foot chewed off in chain conveyer system when I was just a boy. I still loved working there though.

Another of my passions

Worked the mill for 17 years.

Only job I've had.

Hate to leave it but.......

careful, please ... this picture is somewhat graphic and could be offensive to some.

Shit happens

EDIT:

i linked the pic and made it rather an option to look at it, as i had some members

telling me they are a bit offended by the picture ... i hope this is a win-win situation.

don't want to unnecessarily inhibit the flow, but ask for a tiny bit of indulgence

with the few that can't handle such images (or do not expect to see something

like this on a cannabis-board, which is understandable, imo).

Edited by santero
small edit, nothing too dramatic, i hope ;)
  • Like 2

....we got one already :vomit-smiley: lol

that looks horrible,charlie....will you be able ever rolling a joint again??

• Like 2

....we got one already :vomit-smiley: lol

that looks horrible,charlie....will you be able ever rolling a joint again??

Hi there! For the first 8 months I couldn't roll....I got a rolling machine gifted to me...

It saved the days.

Now I've adapted....I'm capable of rolling sans machine

• Like 3

u lost two fingers or could they have been rescued....somehow....? damn that gave me some phantom paine for a second...

... most of the carpenters/joiners i know,got 1-2 fingers off .........never trust a 10 fingered wood-worker ;)

• Like 1

u lost two fingers or could they have been rescued....somehow....? damn that gave me some phantom paine for a second..

Hi again! I lost the thumb. It hit the dirt and I left it where it lay. Sprocket and chain doesn't quite make a clean cut like a blade would.

They saved the index, but it's not quite functional.

This happened 13 months ago..it's come a long way.

Also, it could have been worse...Whole hand, both hands, arm, life...

I think everything happens for a reason...

It's a horrible thing that's happened, but lots of good has come from it...Believe it or not.

Peace all....

• Like 3

Cannot believe how snowy my bubblegum in dwc is.

It's got me considering 100% conversion to dwc.

And running only this strain! It was very forgiving with my pH imbalances at the start, it's growth is astonishing.

I only wish I could take better pics under hps.

They all turn out poorly.

• Like 1

gallery_17112_5758_2595424.jpg

1st shot at dwc.

A few weeks away yet, according to the calender.

This girl isn't even 90 days old. I think about 80 days or so.

Dwc rocks.

• Like 3

Finished with great success.

I'll snap some pics soon perhaps.

I didn't expect much from my first ever dwc bucket, but it certainly suprised me.

Best I've ever grown.

Great success.

Peace......

• Like 4

Thanks! Trimmed and dry I got 12 Oz of nice bud.

Not sure how much trim, I don't weigh that, right in the extract bucket....

12 Oz! Didn't make the rent! Lolol lol haha lmao hahaha ha. rent.....

But I had a blast, a real pleasure to tend....AND made 12 Oz of killer.

That combined with my outdoor puts me WAY ahead, I'm probably good until 2018. I certainly don't need more.

Gonna pack the tent up and enjoy the fruits of my labor.

• Like 2