•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
gardenartus

Candied Almonds

gallery_14187_5231_1217.jpg

For those who have their own teethers lol.

Ingredients

• 2 cups roasted Almonds
  • 1/2 cup infused honey
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 cup Sugar in the Raw

Directions

1. Over medium heat in medium saucepan, heat honey and butter to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add almonds; cinnamon. simmer and stir 3 minutes.
  2. Transfer almonds to baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; spread in single layer and cool slightly.
  3. Toss almonds with sugar to coat using a medium plastic food storage bag. Sugar can be omitted.
  4. Store in baggies or air tight container

• Like 4

LOL sky is the limit. If you find a recipe with butter, oil, honey, you can make it into a medible. :) This recipe has something I can use to put the medicine in there.

Thinking of making a rub for meat next :)

how u infuse your honey? i guess you dont put cannabis buds/leafs in it and filter it out after? :nerd

• Like 1

It is not hard, just takes many days :) I decarb the cannabis for one hour in a 220 oven. I grind and place it in a jelly bag. Add this to measured honey in a ball jar. I put this in a ball canner, like a water bath for 6 days, on the lowest temp of 105 to 115. It takes that many days, I took it out at 4, 5, and 6 was the winner. :) I just pop the lid, and poke the jelly bag with herb in it, then place it back in the water, do that about once every few hours. You could use a ball jar in a crock pot or a water bath in a pan on the stove, just make sure to put something under the jar so it doesn't have direct heat. I use the lid to another ball jar. When you strain it, best to do warm, and it takes a heavy press to get it all out, unless you have big muskles lol You can lose a lot if you don't press it. Good idea to take measurements before and after, so you will know how much you still need to press out or not.

I make it potent, I use 32 grams of ground, decarb bud per cup of honey. This gives me about 100mg teaspoons. Stuff is great by itself :)

gallery_14187_5293_6593.jpg

You can get a bit fancy with it and add things like cinnamon, oranges,. Great to have some packed with cinnamon for cold season, knocks it right out of ya.

• Like 3

gallery_14187_5231_1217.jpg

For those who have their own teethers lol.

Ingredients

• 2 cups roasted Almonds
  • 1/2 cup infused honey
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 cup Sugar in the Raw

Directions

1. Over medium heat in medium saucepan, heat honey and butter to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low, simmer 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add almonds; cinnamon. simmer and stir 3 minutes.
  2. Transfer almonds to baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray; spread in single layer and cool slightly.
  3. Toss almonds with sugar to coat using a medium plastic food storage bag. Sugar can be omitted.
  4. Store in baggies or air tight container

what do you mean by infused honey?

I am a beekeeper, in fact, i harvested honey yesterday. +19 degrees yesterday, i saw it as my last opportunity to harvest before it got too cold to open the hives,

anyway, back to this infused honey....what is it infused with? thc?

my bad

i see....i got a little ahead of myself

sorry

• Like 1

Oh lucky you! A beekeeper how cool is that!

YW :)

its a pretty sweet hobby

They are fascinating creatures! I'm in constant awe! They make natures perfect food, as well as other beneficial, magnificent products. Pollen, propolis, wax, royal jelly, not to mention all the pollinating they do! incredible, fascinating creatures and I'm very grateful to be able to have a small collection of them.

• Like 2