•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

ciko

Sannie Jack nute def or lockout?

Hello Og!

This is my Sannie Jack end of week 3 since flip.

Soil mix is 1/2 Klassman pot soil and worm castings with guaranteed analysis and NPK 3.5- 3.4 -4.4 boosted with brewed worm castings tea + hydrolyzed fish emulsion and liquid sea kelp+ bacto.

Veg phase was charged with stinging nettle tea and soil is more than live but Jack is like small bush.

Ph value and water runoff is 7.2(same as declared on worm castings).

I dont wanna to make mistake but this look maybe like Mg def or maybe beginning of P def or ph lockout even ph runoff is 7.2.

Please anyone with enough knowledge and experience with soil grows and organic way to gave some advice?

Thanks

gallery_15914_5764_872.jpg

Is this leaf the only one that is affected? If not, is there a way you can get a picture of the whole plant and other affected leaves?

It definitely looks like a Magnesium deficiency, but that can often times be confused with a Nitrogen deficiency if only looking at one leaf.

Looks like it's flowering, and leaves naturally begin yellowing during flower. A picture of the whole plant would be helpful. Nine times out of ten adding stuff is the WRONG thing to do. Your tips are a slight tad yellow which suggests there's plenty of nutes already.

The night temperature was to cold, fore that the plant could not take up from the soil what was needed (N), this leads to a bit leaf coloring, why cold temp you ask..., if you look closely you see purple leaf stems that is you're indicator. No biggie just be sure night temp isn't under 16/17 degrees. You can go lower if you got mycorizzha in you're soil, they will help to keep the temp under control and feed you're plants even in cold nights.

Adjust temp and plants will recover and thrive...!

Poldergrower

• Like 11

PG you do it again, bro !! dead on right answer, imo ... you truly are

one of the most capable people when it comes to organic growing :)

(i am out of likes, but i like, mang :))

• Like 1

Nice info, did not know this PG :) "You can go lower if you got mycorizzha in you're soil, they will help to keep the temp under control and feed you're plants even in cold nights."

See me I would have said PH lock out lol

Thank you Sanman ;-)

Knowledge is only giving to them who care, so share we must..

Organic growing and its nature's approach is running tru my vains lol

Keep m green!

Pg

• Like 2

I mean seems pretty isolated and I've seen this when night's are warm. Lot's of plants have a tendency towards purple leaf stems in warm or cool weather.

If this is an isolated leaf then what you have is response to nonspecific stress that may have come an gone weeks ago.

growing hybrids indoors is going to produce weird response to non traditional stress.

Check your list of limiting factors off.

Since you're probably focusing on temp after reading suggestions you'll check that first I'm sure.

Next check all other environmental factors: airflow, humidity,water and light.

Your soil mix sounds decent and as long as your around a suitable ph for organics that shouldn't be an issue. With that mix you might see some yellowing at the end of a 10+ week flowering but I wouldn't worry.

If it's just one leaf like that here or there and the rest of the plant looks as good as yours I wouldn't stress out. You will go nuts chasing stuff like this. It looks all good to me.

• Like 1

Also 7.2 run off in an active organic grow isn't exactly what's going on in the rhizosphere. It is a normal ph for well water though.

If your soil is thriving with microbes it can self regulate root zone ph through a communication process. Part of the buffering concept.

Giving the plant the teas you have been will keep it happy just go light on the macros.

Thank You for sharing!

Light is Gavita pro600se with 2x150w Hans panes for side support.

Ventilation is more than enough and most of time they are on room temperature with constant fresh air supply.

Temperature is fixed at daily 27-28 and during night lowest is 20-21.

But that night temp and 20 celsius is in mid of grow tent(120x120cm) and i guess that soil in pots is at least few Celsius lower.

I think Poldergrower as usual gave us correct answer.

Thanks once more for sharing with us.

I gave them foliar sea kelp and little stinging nettle tea + worm castings fresh layer as top dressing.

Now i hope that def will stop progress or i will need to rise up night temperatures for few Celsius.

gallery_15914_5764_42253.jpg

gallery_15914_5764_207907.jpg"]gallery_15914_5764_207907.jpg[/url]

• Like 4

This is SP and SJ cuttings in my own soil mix which i made.

Im re using old soil with adding 30-40% worm castings and some perlite + myco near roots.

Following some advice's i prepared soil 2 weeks earlier and charged with soil activator + bacto and soluble kelp.

I gave them home made enzyme tea+ bacto and stinnging nettle tea for foliar feed and keeping top from drying out.

Im following most of tips for Organic grow and adding tap water previously de chlorinated with air pump day or more.

They(clones) took roots SJ for 8 days and SP 11 days, after been repoted took few days to stress out and since then they are 7 days in Veg and 7 days since flip to 12/12.

Can someone tell me what are those sprouts?

Looks like Alfalfa but i never had such things in soil.

Are those good or bad sign?

Plants look super healthy and i never saw such vigor no matter cutting or seed form so i guess im doing fine?

Thank You guys again for all informative threads and sharing without hesitation.

gallery_15914_5764_251772.jpg

gallery_15914_5764_58862.jpg

Those sprouts look like amaranth or like "disturbed earth" weed. The seeds are very small and dark color so you wouldn't have noticed them in your mix when you first potted your plants. They are found in organic mixes and compost and pose no threat or indicate any problem. Just pull them out.

The cannabis plants look great so far.

Hello Og!

This is my Sannie Jack end of week 7 in soil with bat guano and fish mix.

Temps are almost fixed at 20 and 26-7 with lights on with fresh air 24/7.

No pests or bugs.

Look like Potassium def or im far from guess?

Root bound also but i think this is nute def or maybe lockout..

Probably i need to add more fish emulsion or i need to get fish meal..maybe some light mineral feeding or even little PK boost?

Thanks

gallery_15914_5764_288513.jpg

Hey Ciko, I think you true the root bound and nutrients deficiency are coming together, I have tried to fix almost exactly the same thing recently, with rootbound a light mineral feeding sure will help faster but don't overdose them... Perhaps try organic with a little mineral add for a complete diet. I love using organic bloom with a few of sea cal, sea mag add and more PK in full flowering. (or bat guano/molasses tea brew for TLO) ;)

• Like 1

Im using sea kelp and fish mix + bat guano and molasses brewed tea but seem like Jack is heavy feeder.

Sugar Punch is green lush like in veg and Choc Rain is also green but Jack lacking nutes.

Adding little more fish mix than recommend.

I think bat guano need some time to act and i hope wont overdose them after week or two.

Thanks!

The Sea Cal, Sea Mag that I used to use contains almost all the food needed when used together Sea cal : 2-0-0 + Ca, Sea mag : 1-3-4 + Mg so that add a complete diet. Some strains need more nutrients as well as phenotype from the same variety.

Hope your plants will finish well... good luck mate !