30 replies to this topic

#21 Boobsto

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

@hidronesie

Thank you for your reply, I am a person who is really looking for optimization, I am trying to learn I am a passionate about culture.

It true that my plants its good on the photos, but I also have a lot of worry, for me how it grows it are delayed

Why after +40 days, because the EC of my water tank starts to do things not normal.

I think I have had accumulation because I water 4 times a day

And now that I have made a fertilizer rate lowered it begins to have deficiency.

So far 4 watering a day does not cause me too much worry but for a while I feel that plants do not go healthy ...

I posted all the details of the culture room higher up in my former post you can check ...

Since I spent 1 watering every 3 days I feel that the plants are better.

But now that I have made a fertilizer rate lowered it begins to have deficiency.

These very complicated to change balls of clays has the type foam mapito watering and not at all the same.

I nevertheless found that after 3 days, the foam was drastically dry, I watered all after you think I must water a little before when these wet?

#22 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4305 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 10 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

I will be nice.

You water even when wet because of Oxygen and roots.

If plants are showing hard signs of being wet let go 4 days but its about air, not wetness and fertilzer. Once your roots equal out for size of plant and establish they will shoot hard. If they are not ask yourself why and work from their.

Now I see you say you water 4 times a day and go against standard mapito advice. When you feed from bottom you raise the EC column in our media. This is why we do not let dry to much as the EC can spike as it gets concentrated in middle to upper ends of the mapito. You risk much by overly frequent watering in both the now and later perspectives of the grow.

What the fuck do you want from us??? If you play I know better, well be better or do what is standard and then work from their.

You say you want optimal but you do not know what optimal. Do you really want me to yell at more??? I wont but say this.
Learn the following:
  • Grown Environment
  • Plant Physiology (life cycle)
  • Light Spectrum (what does what and how and when it affects the plant)
  • Plant nutrition
  • Media environment
Learn that, then come back and talk optimal, otherwise you only desire it but blindly seek it. Grow shops welcome this, I do not.

I be nice again:
  • Mapito is not new regardless how new it is to you. To go off the beaten track will lead to problems almost for sure. Learn first an appreciation and then go off on your way.
  • Every 3 days feed = good air to root ratio with EC. To frequent or too far in between you are not that smart.
Mapito is an unforgiving media but can produce spectacular crops. However, this learning curve can take a minute and few continue past a bump. The grass is not necessarily greener unless you choose this medium for reasons other than what one perceives as most optimal.

I have seen side by side with mapito and soil and = simlar ends in the right competency. Sannie himself was early in saying to me this. The media should match your grow situation. Working that method best = best practice.
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#23 Boobsto

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 10:41 PM

Thank you for your intervention hempyfan

I understand what you mean, and I have noticed.

After 3 days of watering the next day my plants get better.

The problem and that the RFX-1 was very dry after 3 days, then these although it silk as dry?

I think water it once every 24 hours and the right solution in my situation.

I will see if after 2 days the plants are healthy.

Today I rinse the pots from the top with clear water.

Tomorrow I think watering with fertilizer has an EC 1.6

And I program to water 1 times every 24 Hours.

#24 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4305 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 10 December 2016 - 11:02 PM

When you watered from top, you rinsed EC down into root zone that you may not wanted to do.

If this did not flush out your risk burning your plants with high EC.

If low ec still than you did effectively remove the EC in the media. I am unfamiliar with your specific media so I cannot offer a more pointed direction but I ask this, did the plant show thirsty or is it just the media was dry? If you was to lift it was it heavy or just light and yea we need some water.

Regardless of what my or anyone else's dumb ass near a keyboard give an opinion that trumps (referred to trump card, in cards) what the plant tells you. Look at the leaves and such and if she is happy. Just do what is or what was making her happy. Sometimes we listen to much to others and not enough to her.

Media wise you need an oxygen, humidity and nutritional balance. As long as the media truly is drying that fast, you might have to adjust EC and maybe bit of PH to stay in range a bit but I am unsure this is issue. I would say it appears your running it more like a grodan cube but chopped up than this being a true mapito.

Find a balance either bottom feeding or top feeding and keep with that. Generically I think you will fine. If the plants are wanting a bit give them a foliar feed and be sure to give a water soluble calcium with fulvic acid in the foliar spray.

As soon as the plants finds it feet and balance is found I suspect the plant will take off nicely!
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#25 Argo630

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:11 AM

if it is a rockwool you can run feed every day It is designed to carry the proper amount of o2 and water but if you were crushing it in your hands the properties are altered making it more like compacted soil.
"Seeds are a great thing"

#26 Boobsto

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostHempyfan, on 10 December 2016 - 11:02 PM, said:

I ask this, did the plant show thirsty or is it just the media was dry?

If you was to lift it was it heavy or just light and yea we need some water.

When you watered from top, you rinsed EC down into root zone that you may not wanted to do.

Thank you very much for your support Plant Teacher.

Not just that the media was dry.

After 3 days I raise the pots it is light.

I have rinsed several times over with clear water, I think I have removed a lot of EC.

The plants look beautiful to me, but now I'm starting to have brown spot on the leaves.

I think I will start to fatten plants with a higher EC: 1.6

So in conclusion I think I will water 1 times every 24 H before it does not too dry.

I will post new photos soon and I would tell you if my passage has 1 watering every 24 hours has changed something.

Thank you very much to those who participated.

#27 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4305 posts
    Jah Bless!

Posted 11 December 2016 - 12:40 PM

Those brown spots are likely calcium aspects. When adding EC, just go to normal EC range for you or where it was safe before. Also add in calmag too. If leaves are showing calcium issue then also foliar feed them water soluble calcium or calmag product with fulvic acid if you can.

The fulvic will pull the calcium into the plant cells. Your affected leaves will not heal but look for better new growth.

#28 hidronesia

gold digger

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 01:02 PM

View PostBoobsto, on 10 December 2016 - 10:41 PM, said:

Today I rinse the pots from the top with clear water.

Flushing especially from top during flowering is a very risky thing.... next time if u have to flush (because EC is very high in the medium) flush with PH 5.6 and low EC... tapwater is an enemy... if u use it u will have deficiency (like u have now)

if u pots go dry less than 3 days, u HAVE to water more frequent.. or next time u can choose crates instead of pots..

so DONT forget clear water is not a friend on pito kind mediums

i think we all told everything now what we can tell on this level to u

have fun

hidro

#29 Boobsto

Just Sprouted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2016 - 02:38 PM

View Posthidronesia, on 11 December 2016 - 01:02 PM, said:

Flushing especially from top during flowering is a very risky thing.... next time if u have to flush (because EC is very high in the medium) flush with PH 5.6 and low EC... tapwater is an enemy... if u use it u will have deficiency (like u have now)

if u pots go dry less than 3 days, u HAVE to water more frequent.. or next time u can choose crates instead of pots..

so DONT forget clear water is not a friend on pito kind mediums

i think we all told everything now what we can tell on this level to u

have fun

hidro

Thank you guys for your valuable advice :)

To flush I proceed in this way:

I filled a water tank to a PH 5.8

I then set the water temperature to 20.

I then plug the water pump into the water tank and water it over several times in pots.

I left 24 hours without watering.

Today I remove the water from the tank.

I returned clean water and fertilizer to EC 1.6

My EC and a 1.6 PH 5.6

I have a water tank 400 l here are the ones I made today

HOUSE AND GARDEN:

100 ml: TOP SHOOTER
350 ml: A + B
400 ml: MULTI ZEN
300 ml: BUD XL

I watered tonight at 7 pm, after the silk water went up and down.

I looked into the water tank, EC it and decanted from 1.60 to 1.55.

Tomorrow I water again at 7 pm and I will give you the results.

Thank you to you for giving me your positive opinions.

I would make new photos this week.

#30 Hamme Hydro

It's either hydro or i go!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 04:24 PM

I think rfx-1 holds more water when flooding than when giving it from the top.

#31 coxnox

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Interests:music, djing & growing

Posted 07 March 2017 - 04:46 AM

With mapito you don't need to water every 24h untill your have badly choose your container size.

Your system is not the best way to use your substrat, mapito is good for ebb and flood.

and yes your plants eat even when you don't water them, all they need to eat is a good air/water ratio, a good ph.