•           ai.php.gif

Sudden

What strains for Anxiety, Paranoia, and Depression

I will be going to Amsterdam soon and have a friend who has very bad Anxiety(alot of Paranoia) and depression who is thinking to try cannabis to help with it.

I'm guessing he should avoid Strong Sativa and go with most Indica dominant.

Are there any users here who have anxiety? perhaps you can suggest some strains.

Perhaps a happy uplifting strain for the depression and a slowing down strain for Anxiety?

No idea on Amsterdam but.... I suffer with anxiety, depression, paranoia and pretty much all the rest of things that can go wrong with the mind. Regular drinking of pure water ( stay hydrated) and taking magnesium powder supplements ( CALM brand) has all but eliminated the worst of it.

I currently use mild sativas and find them better than indicas for mental health. Jarilla from CBG, Jalisco from Eskobar. Those are a couple favorites. The Jalisco is very relaxing and not immobilizing like some indicas. It could work for both anxiety and depression. I can fall asleep on it if I want. The Jarilla is more up but not real nervous. Indicas tend to take you out of the game, so to speak. The after effects tend to be lethargy.

You will find neither of those strains in Amsterdam I realize that, I am talking growing maybe later? Not smoking too much is also key.

• Like 2

I've heard a few mention they use CBD.

He has tried the CBD oil sold online, it didnt do anything, even when he dosed @ 10x the amount recommended.

• Like 2

I can't tell you about Amsterdam, but as sativas go, NAW's Hammerhead and Prof P's (Dynasty) Pineapple Fields are unlikely to cause anxiety.

One of the things I noticed when I had plenty of Pineapple Fields is that for a very "up" and happy effect, there was zero heart racy paranoia involved. (Personally, I like a little heart racy paranoia! But PF is a spectacular strain.)

• Like 2

No idea on Amsterdam but.... I suffer with anxiety, depression, paranoia and pretty much all the rest of things that can go wrong with the mind. Regular drinking of pure water ( stay hydrated) and taking magnesium powder supplements ( CALM brand) has all but eliminated the worst of it.

I currently use mild sativas and find them better than indicas for mental health. Jarilla from CBG, Jalisco from Eskobar. Those are a couple favorites. The Jalisco is very relaxing and not immobilizing like some indicas. It could work for both anxiety and depression. I can fall asleep on it if I want. The Jarilla is more up but not real nervous. Indicas tend to take you out of the game, so to speak. The after effects tend to be lethargy.

You will find neither of those strains in Amsterdam I realize that, I am talking growing maybe later? Not smoking too much is also key.

Thanks, il mention it, Magnesium is heavily underrated.

Although instead of using packaged commercial magnesium(like CALM) he takes the pure powder/rocky form you can buy in 25KG bags - 10000x cheaper

lol, looks like we won't be smoking in the shops

• Like 1

I suffer from all of those. If your friend isn't accustomed to weed, at all, then he will most likely become paranoid and anxious and have an awful time. He should try a small amount in surroundings he feels comfortable in and he doesn't have to interact with people much, like his home, first and see how he goes with it there.

• Like 4

One of the NAW oldies: chemdog x headcandy did a lot of good for a lady friend of mine.

Nice light smoke, no heavy stone effect, it took the edge of dealing with her ancxiety and depressions.

Liked it too btw, made me more stable too.

Now I come to think of it... i might have to revisit that strain... the non- purple version.

• Like 1

That CBD sold online is very iffy, not something I would use as a judgement on how well CBD works. Might want to try something different.

For depression part, I don't think CBD is enough, there is THC needed. Perhaps a lower dosing of THC indica to a higher of CBD, might work. Bright moments seems to be one that does not cause anxiety, THC indica.

• Like 2

and Jackberry.. yea blue magoo and jackberry bro. I promise, either one will put big smiles on your buddys face. and paranoia? pshhh..he will be at ease and one with the universe =)

yea, doctor stank prescribes these strains

depression wont go away with a trip to the dam, he needs to be a grower, that is the only cure.

• Like 2

The key to treating depression and anxiety with cannabis is small doses. Ripping bongs and big joints are not the way to go imo.

I've recently helped a few people with both illness and this is what we found to work best...

I used oil from CBD Crews Critical mass 1:1 and made capsules @ 50:1 using coconut oil and lecithin. Some dosed 3x per day and another 4x. They are a weak dose and do not get stoned, however, they do lift your mood and reduce anxiety. Obviously, we are all different and what works for some, won't for another but I've helped 3 far and they are over the moon with the results.

Good luck :)

• Like 1

Or be bf with a grower. :)

When he goes...he wants to look for Indica and Affy looking buds. Heavy and happy, No Sativas or haze of any kind and likely not many OG xs are good with anxiety ime.

Look into names like hash plant, shiva, northern lights, bubba kush stuff like that should ring his/her bell with out a trip-out. :)

• Like 3

Blue Magoo seems to be sold out everywhere, perhaps il try the jackberry

James Bean has the Blue Magoo bx2,

• Like 1

A few from the net Blue Dream, Granddaddy purps, Girl Scout Cookies, Lemon Skunk, Northern lights, Sour Tsunami, Cannatonic, ACDC, Amnesia Haze. Maybe they have one of those.

• Like 2

i have anxiety disorder, and find smoking good weed helps in general.

probs not a good idea to test theory slapbang in the middle of amsterdam though lol, that will make the anx kick in. :P

• Like 2

This is a highly subjective topic, as many strains that will work for one, may not work for another. I believe a lot of trial & error must be done on your friends part to see what strains work for them and what doesn't. Keep track of which strains give relief and which ones don't.

High THC strains should be avoided for those with anxiety and paranoia, as it has been proven to overexcite neural pathways and cause both anxiety and paranoia in some cannabis users.

Look for low THC and/or high CBD strains.

For depression, strains with a strong, sweet, citrus smell are usually abundant in the terpene Limonene, and have been shown to work well. Limonene is a natural mood enhancer/elevator.

Strains that smell of pine are normally abundant in the terpene Pinene, which is known to reduce anxiety and increase focus.

The floral-scented, indica terpene, linalool, is also good for relieving anxiety.

There's one strain that I know for sure that has high levels of both limonene and pinene in it and that's Jack Herer. I'm sure there are others that will work well too, but JH can be found just about everywhere.

Good luck to your friend... this may take a little doing to find the right combination.

• Like 9

interestin D.G. jack herer can also give heart pumping high too! ure right though, mental illness is very case specific.

i do find high thc spacey smoke distracts me from anxious thoughts, works for me but maybe not someone else.

it is as DG states an issue of trial and error.

but do the trials somewhere comfortable and secure. V :)

• Like 1

Stay for a week in duinrell water park instead and just nip in and out of Amsterdam : ) it's great !

Cheap deals when children are in school

Friendly happy place and good fun lol

Leiden is closer to duinrell than Amsterdam and has way better smoke and cheaper too : )

• Like 2

When I first started using cannabis for meds, it was close to 20 years ago. At the time, I sought it out for relief from severe ptsd. I grew out some Durga mata from paradise. It's a shiva strain that saved my life. It brought a peace to me that calmed my sleep and helped me find my smile again. I kept the mata around for a long time and to this day haven't found a smoke that I can compare to what I'd call a deep spiritual high that calms the soul like this stuff did. It's been 3 years since I smoked the last bud of it. If I wasn't at such odds with the tude seed bank, I'd have half my grow always Mata. Of the 3 phenos that showed up out of 20 or so seeds, I enjoyed very one of them.

• Like 5

LSD...out of this world if grown outdoor. Will hit everything you are looking for. The other one our people use is White Castle. Perfect for anxiety and paranoia. Little talked about but crazy good.