33 replies to this topic

#1 MassGrown

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:58 PM

Whats up Opengrow!

Well recently my state decided to do a smart thing and recreational marijuana is now legal! I would just like to say... ABOUT FUCKING TIME!!

I am an organic grower. i mix my own soil mixes, make simple teas to feed my plants on occasion and thats it. All of my watering is done via Blumats(highly recommend!!). Honestly my grows tend to take care of themselves. The Blumats allow me to stay away from the grow for multiple days if i want to(who would want to do that though!) i run 2 tents a 2x3 that i keep my mom and veggers in thats lit with an HTG supply LED panel and 4 2 foot T5 tubes, it gets the job done and a 3x3 that i use to flower and that has a 600w HPS with a Digilux bulb in it.

ok now to get to the good stuff

In my veg tent i currently have 3 moms and i started some new seeds a little while back for a selection(more on that later). for mother plants i have

Holy Princess- Eskobar- holy shit is all i can say. i absolutely love this plant. the smells and the way it grows its really an all around winner in my book. She reeks of pineapples and gets real chunky at the end of flower! always needs supports to hold up the buds!

GG Allin- Southern Star Seeds- this is my current go to indica. quick to finish and has such a unique taste and smell to her.

Sour Mango x East Coast Sour Diesel- Southern Star Seeds- i can never remember the name of this one so i just call it Sour Mango most of the time. Big Buds decent flavor and a good stone. she has earned a place in my tent just because she is easy to grow and yeilds well.

For seedlings i have 8 of my own cross. its a Chocolate Rain x Caramel Candy Kush cross that i call MooseTracks. People who have tried it cant get enough of it. Her smells and flavors are out of this world and she grows so damn easy. Made a pollination with a single male and pollinated 4 different ladies. so far ive only grown the seeds from one of the females and ive passed alot around as well. the keeper that i had and lost smelt like grape Jelly. Another i get to smoke on occasion smells like sour candy. Rock hard crystal covered buds. its pretty potent as well!

i also have a lone Emerald Jack dont remember who the breeder is jusy running it for the hell of it! now onto the veg pics!!

Mothers(HP back left) GG Allin(back right) Sour Mango(Front) dont mind them, ive been neglecting them for a little while, damn holidays
Posted Image

MooseTracks
Posted Image

Emerald Jack
Posted Image

In the flower tent i have 3 going right now. a GG Allin(which is due to come down and looks pretty rough). she yellowed out on me real early but kept chugging along. she does that every now and then and i dont know why. i have a HP which is due down pretty soon i beleive, i would need to check the whiteboard. and i have a cross known as Pheonix from Ice River Genetics. its a (c99 x Romulan) x Grapefruit Badass, they were gifted to me years ago. the ones i grew before smelt like grapefruit candy. absolutely amazing smoke and high!!

ALL FLOWER PICS WERE TAKEN LIGHTS OFF FLASH ON!!! IM SORRY!

GG Allin- like i said she looks like shit and i apologize!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Holy Princess- love this one! she gets real chunky at the end!!

Posted Image

Pheonix- not doing much right now. should change the next few weeks!

Posted Image

i will get better flower pics next time.

Now im off to go shovel fucking snow. gotta love new england!

Hopefully the pics show up. it was a struggle to get them posted!

#2 Smokey Pockets

PotHead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
  • Interests:travelling,
    Gardening,
    skateboarding,
    trancendentalism

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

Nice MG!!
Good to see a thread from you buddy.
That GG Allin looks like it's gonna be a killer!! Nice work

#3 agreenpassion

Johnny Appleweed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2940 posts
  • Interests:Canna genetics, the meaning of life and maybe a few other things. Just ask.

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

I can definately imagine puffing on "Moose Tracks" would be delightful. Complete agreement: Holy P is the great and wonderful Awesome-sauce. She's one to take to a deserted island...

Thanks for sharing you're grow. Subbed up and ooo damn, Sour and Sweet sounds yum too.
Thanks man.
nothing for sale.

#4 Dr Don Bonez

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1332 posts
  • Interests:Astronomy, hollow earth theory, physics agriculture and
    GOOD BUD

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:28 PM

I like the colour on the gg allin. Looks tropical :)
NEVER TRADE RESPECT FOR FAME

#5 islayhearts

Sir Chunks A Lot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1164 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:54 AM

Blue mats hmmmmmm, leave for days at a time....

I have to agree that the GG looks great even though she had a rough go. That phoenix looks nice and squat and the genetic lineage is def appealing.

Thanks for sharing, also I love pictures.

#6 Crimson Fart

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:19 AM

Nice genetics to play with,
The chocolate Rain x CCK sounds like a killercross :yummy:

#7 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2077 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 30 December 2016 - 04:28 AM

I love red and golden colors on the plants :) the bud itself looks well too

Greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#8 MassGrown

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

Thanks everyone!

I don't know why the GG is looking like that but it's ok. I honestly like to let my plants get all faded like that especially towards the end. Someone on another site told me to let them get as faded and in his words "torn up" before you chop. His opinion was that if we cure the bud to get moisture out and to let the chlorophyll break down why not let the plants fade as much as possible before the chop. It made sense to me so I've been doing it ever since. Obviously if a plant isn't fading and i know it's chop time then I take them down. I also don't use a scope anymore. I found it more of a hassle for me. I like to go by the way the plant looks and smells. I feel like once you know the plants you can pick up on the subtle signs they show when it's time to come down.

Blumats are a lifesaver! In the summer I am able to go away for a week and my tank still has water in it. I usually just top off once a week and occasionally run it out to clean the Rubbermaid bin. Would t trade them for anything.

And the moosetracks. I'm real excited to be able to show people what these can do when flowered out. Only a handful of people have smoked it and even less have grown her out. So let's hope these ones go well now that I have people watching. Unfortunately I don't hve the original moms but I do have some of the original pollen around so I'm going to break that out when they go to flower. I plan on doing another selection with these. The nicest male to the best female. Haven't done much breeding so interested to see what happens when I cross again. I'm hoping for good things!

#9 shiskaberry savior

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:40 AM

Good luck with your seed making adventure , your buds are looking fine (not so much the fan leaf ) but you theory sounds logical your not smoking the leaf and if the buds aren't suffering it's all good ! Shiska

#10 MassGrown

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 06:55 PM

Buds don't seem to be suffering at all. I just poked my head in the tent and it smells amazing! Buds look good. I'm just waiting for a few more orange hairs to show up. I do flower in an unfinished basement with zero heat(I have a pellet stove so no furnace in the basement) so once it gets a little cooler down there things take a little longer. But it's nice in the summer because heat is never an issue!

#11 Damar

rookie gardener

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1449 posts
  • Interests:Organic Gardening

Posted 31 December 2016 - 06:18 AM

Nice thread, MassGrown, and the pics are just fine :) Thanks for sharing!
Living Organic Soil thread / grow journal ...

"Blessed is he who has found his work, let him ask no other blessings" -Thomas Carlyle

#12 MassGrown

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 03:00 PM

Had some time this afternoon and had gone down to water the veg tent since the blumats arent hooked up yet sp i snapped some pics of the moosetracks.

The 6 in the square pots are from a different female than the 2 in the round pots. the mom for the 2 in the round pot had huge boxy buds that would foxtail at the end in random spots. gave the buds a unique look. the mom for other 6 leaned heavy to the Bubba kush side of the parentage of the caramel candy kush. short and stalky potent smoke. on one i can already see the leaf curl trait that i have seen show up in chocolate rain. they all look pretty good so far. i think they were started in the beginning of Nov but started off pretty slow and there were a few issues along the way. they should start sexing anytime now.

all pics were taken before i watered. dont mind the dropy leaves on a few :whistle:

out of tent, flash on

Posted Image
Posted Image

In tent

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#13 Hempyfan

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4214 posts
  • Interests:I have seen God! They never tell you what to do after that. So I vape on and I vape on..
    Jah Bless!

Posted 31 December 2016 - 04:33 PM

Very short on time but I see some things of interest maybe. I apologize if not make good sense, will try to fix later if I screw up my words.

Leaving the spent leaves is not a good thing really. Think of it like this. Forget the idea of growing a plant but more like a body builder. You want bulk and growth at certain spots.

This means you have to some give and take to understand but first appreciate this:
  • non healthy leaves are a bigger vector for pest and disease spreading. Fungus among us potential grows as weaker leafs offer less resistance.
  • They shade out areas that would benefit more from direct light.
  • The plant is not gaining from maintaining these leaves, it takes more energy than they are worth and is why the plant itself is saying I do not want this. Think spent battery.
Ok, so some reasons above for taking but also we have to understand that taking too many healthy leaves will cause the plant to spit out more leaves causing fluffier buds, higher leaf to bud ratio.

You find balance but think like I said, a body builder. You want good light penetration but not to the point you add cause the plant to increase its leaf. Taking slowly over time is the better option and not all plants are equal in sensitivity and reaction to this.

But I would remove those dead and dying leaves. They are spent batteries but many views are this exist.
I say Jah Bless. I say this I ask for blessing in all that I do and blessing to all those who take time to read me. If it causes a person issue, understand my meaning and I wish you well under whatever view or belief. To be simply happy and Joy in your heart is all I hope and mean!

#14 MassGrown

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 07:50 AM

I like that comparison! Usually I am a lot better about trimming and pulling dead stuff off of the ladies. Ended up slacking off this round a little bit. It's been crazy here and the grow certainly has suffered a little. Now that the holidays are over I will be back on track.

Going out today and buying some new trimming scissors since mine broke last harvest!

#15 MassGrown

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:38 AM

Took these pics a few days ago and never had time to throw them up.

Holy Princess, these were taken on 1/3, so a week ago.

Posted Image
Posted Image

These were taken on 1/6.

Holy Princess again

Posted Image
Posted Image

This is the GG Allin, shes coming down in the next few days. just trying to find the time. she is looking mighty tasty these days. she is right around 65ish days i think

Posted Image

#16 Smokey Pockets

PotHead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
    Gardening,
    skateboarding,
    trancendentalism

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:51 AM

Nice and chunky !!

#17 barney

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1424 posts
  • Interests:growing, smoking, eating & sleeping.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:01 AM

Nice buds Mass ! :dribble:

I have two Holy Princess girls just starting to flower, I hope that I get a pineapple cut like yours..
BaRnY

#18 MassGrown

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 11:33 AM

You won't be disappointed with anything you get from the holy princess as far as I have seen. People around here love it. She got it all. Scent, taste and power!

#19 agreenpassion

Johnny Appleweed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2940 posts
  • Interests:Canna genetics, the meaning of life and maybe a few other things. Just ask.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 09:18 AM

I have a pack of Holy P just flipped. I hope they look as good as yours bro.
nothing for sale.

#20 Smokey Pockets

PotHead

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1575 posts
    Gardening,
    skateboarding,
    trancendentalism

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

Hey MG, we on for this weekend brother?
I walked the dogs at Moore field this morning , no snow or ice!!!
It was awesome, gonna be freezing again by the weekend, but at least no snow to slog through...