•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

From my attached picture, and some googling, it looks like a potassium deficiency to me. I'm not sure if it's because of too light feeding, or a lockout caused by another issue. But if it is, then it seems the Short Riders are next to be afflicted. Going over your pictures from the last page shows progressively lighter leaves on the tips, and the older leaves leaching the potassium to bring it to the buds.

gallery_9590_4320_52774.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks damar. That was my first guess but maybe even other nutes? Which made me think of lockout.

@gardener, are these still in 1gal pots? I had some in one gallon pots that showed early stages of lockout as they were rootbound. I've seen others manage tall healthy plants in small pots but I don't know the exact approach to manage it.

Still interested in all ideas, myself. Then I'll know too!

Thanks damar. That was my first guess but maybe even other nutes? Which made me think of lockout.

@gardener, are these still in 1gal pots? I had some in one gallon pots that showed early stages of lockout as they were rootbound. I've seen others manage tall healthy plants in small pots but I don't know the exact approach to manage it.

Still interested in all ideas, myself. Then I'll know too!

Lemon Haze is in three gallon pots. That's what seemed odd to me. The plants in 1 gallon pots were doing better than one in a 3 gallon.

There should be no issues with root-bound plants. I am using root-builder pots.

From my attached picture, and some googling, it looks like a potassium deficiency to me. I'm not sure if it's because of too light feeding, or a lockout caused by another issue. But if it is, then it seems the Short Riders are next to be afflicted. Going over your pictures from the last page shows progressively lighter leaves on the tips, and the older leaves leaching the potassium to bring it to the buds.

Short Rider is two weeks away from harvest. I plan on giving them just water from now on. They aren't growing any more. I don't care if the leaves on those two plants begin to yellow now.

Northern lights will be fed for one more week. Then i begin flushing those, harvesting a week after short rider.

The lemon haze plants i will feed for up to three more weeks. They will be harvested about five weeks from now. (Trichome color could change my harvesting schedule.)

Grow 1. Day 75. Day 48 of flower:

Here are some closeups of short rider buds. Tomorrow is seven weeks. One of these plants is going to get chopped this weekend. They have been getting only humic acid for the past week. The leaves are beginning to yellow. Leaf stems are turning red.

gallery_16929_5850_329903.jpg

gallery_16929_5850_294687.jpg

gallery_16929_5850_426492.jpg

gallery_16929_5850_401153.jpg

gallery_16929_5850_48889.jpg

• Like 5

Grow 1. Day 78. Day 52 of flowering:

Short rider harvest day! These two plants were nutrient starved for a little more than a week.

Short Rider A

gallery_16929_5850_966536.jpg

Short Rider A harvest

gallery_16929_5850_2428902.jpg

Short Rider B

gallery_16929_5850_3389193.jpg

Short Rider B harvest

gallery_16929_5850_3286610.jpg

Both plants, plus some trim

gallery_16929_5850_512947.jpg

The root balls were well formed and difficult to break apart. Every cubic inch of the soil seemed to have multiple root fibers holding things together,

gallery_16929_5850_3406894.jpg

gallery_16929_5850_2711091.jpg

It will probably be another week before i try any of this weed. Right now it's too moist.

• Like 5

Short Rider harvest. 23 grams from two plants. The buds are not hard and tight. They are loose and a bit airy. They smell of pine. The buzz is indica. I feel it in my body. Nice and relaxing.

gallery_16929_5850_2236110.jpg

• Like 4

Enjoy it gardener, your first own homegrown! I think it will last as long as your first sex did haha

Greetz

• Like 2

Enjoy it gardener, your first own homegrown! I think it will last as long as your first sex did haha

Greetz

I hope this lasts longer than that did. :-)

• Like 2

Hello @Gardener I had a few minutes to kill tonight so I had time to check out a new thread. Glad I bumped into yours! Lookin Good Brother! Kept me at attention from the first post. Surely Hella-Better than my first adventure! You got some GOOD peeps here checkin on ya, and they are all friendly folks too, like it should be! I am a little late to your party but there is still good yet to come, so I grabbed my rockin chair, popcorn and bubbler and will sit with y'all if it's OK with you! Looking forward to your final conclusion and will also be looking for a front row seat when you start your new thread in May. Well Done and very informative! Nice to meet you and Thanks again for sharing! Peace and Good Vibes to ALL!! Derf

As an afterthought - I have never popped an autoflower so this has been especially interesting to see such a well documented grow! Again Gardener - Mega Props!

• Like 1

Let us know how the NL smokes, once you get her cured. I was gifted a few NL autos but all got damaged in the mail but one. it looks okay. I plan to drop it real soon. I'd like to put it outdoors on the patio and let it grow big.

Great job bro.

PeAce

MrG

• Like 1

I am trying northern lights for the first time, but on top of King Louis. I am vaping. First of all, the taste is an outstanding take on pine. The high: Northern lights has turned this into more of a head experience. King Louis is all about relaxation. Both body and mind. Suddenly I am a little wound up, in my head, and I like it.

It will be difficult to keep from scarfing this one up.

• Like 3

Way to go! You persevered and are harvesting bud. The American Dream. This is a new dawn for you. As a pot smoker, you are now in control and you grow the pot that makes you feel the way you want to feel (or gives you the desired medical results). You are n longer at the mercy of a legal or illegal drug dealer who doesn't know shit about weed. Now you are the expert because you monitor that ganja from cradle to grave.

• Like 1

That second pic makes me drool! Looks like you harvested a tad on the early side, which is what I prefer often. should be a great smoke.

PeAce

MrG

Grow 1. Day 88. Day 65 flowering:

Maybe I am anxious to finish this first grow. Or maybe i just got tired of looking at the leaf damage Lemon OG Haze B suffered from the nutrient deficiency. But i decided to chop this plant. Lemon OG Haze A is still finishing in the tent.

gallery_16929_5850_2941633.jpg

I don't know if this was early or not. But here are some closeups of the trichomes on this plant. The nutrient deficiencies doesn't appear to have harmed the buds. At least visually.

gallery_16929_5850_13843.jpg

gallery_16929_5850_71772.jpg

gallery_16929_5850_508038.jpg

• Like 4

Beautiful BIG nugget man! Trichomes still look clear and will give a stonger, more up/racey type buzz, as opposed to a more mellow buzz. Cloudy to amber is the choice of most. But, smoking fresh bud harvest with clear trichs can be niiiiice! I seem to prefer a harvest somewhere around what you have.

Congrats. that's legitimate bud there!

PeAce

MrG

Grow 1. Day 93. Day 68 of flowering:

This evening i chopped the last plant from my first grow. Lemon OG Haze A. Short rider is already cured. Northern Lights, and now Lemon OG Haze B, are both curing. Lemon OG Haze A is drying.

gallery_16929_5850_2281133.jpg

In my humble opinion, growing cannabis is a blast. So simple, too.

gallery_16929_5850_982853.jpg

• Like 6

I have a confession to share. This may sound strange. But, I love to smell my fingers! Today i harvested Lemon Haze. It was a bit like handling pine with pitch. Incredible aroma. Plus sticky. Even after my hands were cleaned.

Now, on top of that, the aroma of thin short-rider joint. Fantastic combination of fresh and smoked herb. Does anyone else share this post-smoking fetish?

gallery_16929_5850_598949.jpg

This was my first short rider smoke. I vaporized it once before. Even though i don't typically smoke, i wanted to smoke some of my own. The high is nice. Nothing truly remarkable, except the pleasure of knowing that I grew this for myself. But the smoke is special. The flavor is rather bland. But, inhale. Exhale. So smooth. One of the most enjoyable smokes I have ever had. My lungs throat and tongue have absolutely no complaints. Way better than the best dispensary weed.

gallery_16929_5850_853697.jpg

Gorgeous spring night. I took the soil and the chopped up haze plant out to the trash. Then, beyond this apartment complex i took a turn (in my wheelchair) into a small business park, completely unoccupied at this late hour. (~10:30 pm) Beautiful cool evening following an evening rainstorm. A flame to the tip of the cigarette. Inhale. Exhale.

I would have loved to have passed this one on.

• Like 4

What a great thread man and a great way to end it. I'm happy for you bro! It was a really nice story with the correct ending!

I'd say you're like most people I know who smoke. I love the smell of my fingers when playing with pot. I still break buds up slowly with my fingers. Used to love the taste of half smoked joints, too..lol

Nice hearing you enjoy it too. It's very fulfilling doing things yourself, especially gardening of any kind. You know how it was produced and have full control of what goes in. Don't get hooked on homebrewing craft beer and growing hops... you'll be smelling your fingers there as well. Hops are actually a cousin to cannabis and are resiny and piney too, among other terpenes.

Were you able to get any medicinal benefits from your gear? To me the mental/cerebral goes a super long way to divert your mind away from thinking about pain at least. It's a big part of it to me.

Hope we see another grow from you @gardner! Damn great job for the first time and something to be proud of! Enjoy tokin' your own stuff. So enjoyable for sure.

Peace

MrG

• Like 2

Hey @Gardener, your last post got me thinking (as well as this concoction I'm smoking, heh heh)...

I'm curious if you are confined to your wheelchair always? If so, the grow must have presented some real unique problems. It made me realize that the industry as it is doesn't really favor disabled folks, such as with grow tents and anything else I suppose that would make it easier. There has to be so many disabled people that enjoy growing or would.

Well, my buzz kind of got me wondering. Sorry, off topic, but It does interest me. Be safe bro.

PeAce

MrG

• Like 1

I have a confession to share. This may sound strange. But, I love to smell my fingers! Fantastic combination of fresh and smoked herb. Does anyone else share this post-smoking fetish?

Even though i don't typically smoke, i wanted to smoke some of my own. The high is nice. Nothing truly remarkable, except the pleasure of knowing that I grew this for myself. But the smoke is special. The flavor is rather bland. But, inhale. Exhale. So smooth. One of the most enjoyable smokes I have ever had. My lungs throat and tongue have absolutely no complaints. Way better than the best dispensary weed.

Gorgeous spring night. I took the soil and the chopped up haze plant out to the trash. Then, beyond this apartment complex i took a turn (in my wheelchair) into a small business park, completely unoccupied at this late hour. (~10:30 pm) Beautiful cool evening following an evening rainstorm. A flame to the tip of the cigarette. Inhale. Exhale.

I would have loved to have passed this one on.

Another Great Post @Gardener! Yep, the joy of watching your girls grow and then sampling your own fruits of labor and love, is addicting! Smelling your fingers? Absolutely! Just like when popping your stash container also, getting your nose right in that container and snarfing up the last molecule that had been percolating in there! Pass that smoking bush over, my friend! I'll gladly take a hit with ya!!!

:spliff:

• Like 1