steve

3 very strong strains

Gorilla Glue #4 33.5% THC

Bruce Banner #3 28.5 % THC

Afghani (landraces) 25% THC

Granddady Purple 17-33% THC

Ghost TrainWreck 30% THC

Tickle Kush ?

At present there are about 9,500 different strains (Seedfinders.eu)

PLEASE CONTINUE THE LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 6

This may sound ridiculous, but thc bomb from bomb seeds, I only smoked the flowers that my good friend grew but they thumped my reality like a mofo!! I was all off balance and stumbling over my words, I even got a scar on my forehead from this weed! I'm waiting on a cut, but I'm actually kinda scared

• Like 8

ill add this... GG4 and all the hybrids are wack! sorry, the bud is super frosty, but the high is boring, its just a super high yielding commercial strain with tons of frost

cannaseour smokers arent blinded by test lab paper work, its crap anyway, give me an eighth of some strains and ill let you know which is strongest old school style

• Like 10

I'm out of likes, but I would have liked Stankydank's post.

I've tried a really powerful GG grown by someone else. I agree it's got no "mind spark" at all. It reminds me of strains I used to call "walking indicas," where they are not couchlock and you can function, it's also no fun.

It seems like once you reach a certain level of THC, higher amounts of THC don't make the weed feel more potent. Some other constituents of Cannabis come into play.

• Like 5

Like MrD and Stanky, I think there is more at play than THC. I am a big believer in the additional effect of different terpenes into the mix, and its the combination of all those ingredients that set the bar on the buzz. Personally I think the advantage to higher TCH strains/frostier strains is the concentrates. I assume the yield is higher, which for concentrates, thats a big bonus.

• Like 3

Like MrD and Stanky, I think there is more at play than THC. I am a big believer in the additional effect of different terpenes into the mix, and its the combination of all those ingredients that set the bar on the buzz. Personally I think the advantage to higher TCH strains/frostier strains is the concentrates. I assume the yield is higher, which for concentrates, thats a big bonus.

I agree - essential oils and trepene development is very important

LA Cheese is my fav lately. I have GG, Banner, Deathstar, Cali Dream, which are all great, but this LA is something something for me right now. OG Rugburn is really nice but can't get her to root.

• Like 2

Testing a pheno of a strain for potency does not make that number the average for THAT strain, unless it's from an ibl of at least F8... otherwise, it means that's how much was in that particular pheno. There will always be many phenos found in strains that are not inbred.

I've seen a report lately of a test that was done on a pure Durban Poison plant. It was claimed that this strain was tested at almost 28% THC. I know for a fact that Durban Poison is rarely over 9% THC as a strain average. Skunk is about 15% on average and it gets me baked.

For some, seeing those high THC numbers is all it takes for them to have to have it. Whether or not the numbers are true, the hype created by the high THC percentage will sell those strains.

Gardenartus, LA Cheese is a great strain that is helpful in many ways and the smell/taste of it is incredible. I'm not surprised that you like it so much.

Rug Burn OG is OG Kush crossed to itself... and OG Kush is usually an easily rooting strain.

I've been lucky enough to be in a dispensary when product testing was being performed and paid for two samples of the cannabis I grew to be tested as well. The samples were Sannie's Herijuana IBL and El Monstre. The Heri tested at just over 29% THC and the El Monstre tested at 26% THC.

• Like 8

Also consider this, why some people will take the plant at its highest point for THC, this does not always mean that is the point of best effect, though that is a hell of a thing to say as the issue on effect is subjective and variable to each person.

Some people, wanting more CBN for greater stony couch effect than racy but this also depends on genetics as well when potentially harvested is a factor so people may or maynot harvest at same time as to better gain the effect they are wanting but this can be trade off on THC %.

Keep in mind THC % does not = effect, their is much more to it but it is certainly a plus+++++++ Their is much still to learn on what drives the effects in total at least for myself.

• Like 3

HolyLUI #3 oooh daaamn

X-Files double daaamn

Velma's Cherry triple dog daaamn it

• Like 2

in complete agreement with most posters here.

THC alone is probably not the only agent at play, there are other cannabinoids as we all know, and as someone mentioned, I think the effects of terpenes are really understated. I have a feeling that they could have a strong impact on the nature of the high.

Likewise, have had 24% THC strains in california that were great, no doubt. But, not like the blue malzilla I grew. (New Blue Diesel x Shackzilla) x Malawi Gold

Not sure what it is, but there's something about this malawi hybrid that just gets everyone ludicrously baked toasted.

I don't know if it's as high in THC content or not, but there's more to this shit than our current understanding of cannabinoids and their numbers. I guess in a few years we'll have it down to a T, which compound in pot does what exactly and how to tailor your pot to produce more of certain compounds/terpenes over others. I'm sure there are already a number of growers doing this subconsciously or unknowingly at the very least.

best vibes

El Chupa

• Like 4

l.a. cheese is lush G.A. mmmmm :)

a friend o mine presented three cuts to me when i first made a little tent in my attic, i didnt make cuts (cos i wuz even more of a doosh than i am now) but the weed was soo satisfyin. ;)

• Like 1

feck! sannies heri ! i know its knock out but dang thatz a knock out reading right? awesome!

yes this thread is goin in the right direction, its about effect and stone...not just "zonk out" weed.

not that i dont like a little zonk out weed here an there, uaually to trance we out at bedtime...ahhhh heri! ;)

• Like 1

Testing a pheno of a strain for potency does not make that number the average for THAT strain, unless it's from an ibl of at least F8... otherwise, it means that's how much was in that particular pheno. There will always be many phenos found in strains that are not inbred.

I've seen a report lately of a test that was done on a pure Durban Poison plant. It was claimed that this strain was tested at almost 28% THC. I know for a fact that Durban Poison is rarely over 9% THC as a strain average. Skunk is about 15% on average and it gets me baked.

For some, seeing those high THC numbers is all it takes for them to have to have it. Whether or not the numbers are true, the hype created by the high THC percentage will sell those strains.

Gardenartus, LA Cheese is a great strain that is helpful in many ways and the smell/taste of it is incredible. I'm not surprised that you like it so much.

Rug Burn OG is OG Kush crossed to itself... and OG Kush is usually an easily rooting strain.

I've been lucky enough to be in a dispensary when product testing was being performed and paid for two samples of the cannabis I grew to be tested as well. The samples were Sannie's Herijuana IBL and El Monstre. The Heri tested at just over 29% THC and the El Monstre tested at 26% THC.

There is a "Pure Durban" strain offered by "Anesia Seeds (anesiaseeds.com) t= withstated 22% THC - Ever hear of this seed bank?

feck! sannies heri ! i know its knock out but dang thatz a knock out reading right? awesome!

yes this thread is goin in the right direction, its about effect and stone...not just "zonk out" weed.

not that i dont like a little zonk out weed here an there, uaually to trance we out at bedtime...ahhhh heri! ;)

I agree - but it's nice to see THC "values" - would be nice to get strains that have high terpene's production (maybe a thread ?)

• Like 1

Terpenes play a large role, think of essential oils, Rosemary simply smelling it increases memory by 75%. Lemon makes us happy, lavender makes us calm. These are not wife tales, they do. If you find the terpenes that work best, instead of searching potency, seek out those terpenes that are most effective, probably would have a better outcome of benefits being sought.

The Cali dream I have has a slight lemon, peppery smell, you just Smile when you smell it :)

• Like 7

o.k. yep i wasnt switched on t all aspects, just thinkin of flowerz :) n highs. not extracts an such.

;)

Terpenes play a large role, think of essential oils, Rosemary simply smelling it increases memory by 75%. Lemon makes us happy, lavender makes us calm. These are not wife tales, they do. If you find the terpenes that work best, instead of searching potency, seek out those terpenes that are most effective, probably would have a better outcome of benefits being sought.

The Cali dream I have has a slight lemon, peppery smell, you just Smile when you smell it :)

Great Point Gardenartus!!

Aromatherapy is real , nature is here for us ,

• Like 2

its true...but also translates to smokin flowers....my favourite aroma-therapy. ;)

ever bonged a marigold?

Have you people no sense of grammatical reality?

I'm just kidding folks, I bong the fuck out of my bong, I just keep bonging all day long

• Like 3