strains - indoor growing

28 replies to this topic

#1 steve

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

Kind of at a lost - strains that have a high trichome development are" ? (terpene and essential oil production/ development can be increased by using "Terpinator") In reality all strain's do this except a few that thru genetic's out do other strains. Maybe thread should be best hash making strains. Thought on ??

#2 shiskaberry savior

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 565 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

Naw's g39 is a hash makers dream 5 months in a jar and still a sticky mess jams the grinder dripping in resin when smoked in a joint ! Plus it will kick your ass if your not watching consumption!

#3 .: V :.

Bo Selecta!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • Interests:Time fer a Wake 'n' Bake!

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:53 AM

yep second that its soooo oily...like the oil never sets, its lux!

sends u on a daydream!

been smokin it all mornin, built a slight tolerance to the shaky effects, but still makes u "fooked"
as the guys at NAW wud say. ;) happy tokin!

such a feelin of comfy well being too!

#4 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 05 January 2017 - 09:02 AM

My sour diesel and the des*tar bx produce insane amounts of resin, they are not high yielding phenos but I don't care :D
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#5 dieseldog381

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 08:03 AM

Silver Fields. Never seen anything like it, ridiculous trichomes, and the absolute stinkiest plant I've ever grown, too. Anything from Sannies I've seen has insane trichomes, made a ton of hash from Sannies Jack and Silver Fields sugar trim.

What's Terpinator? I stopped using all that stuff. If you ever check the ingredients on Colorado edibles, where they are REQUIRED to list the ingredients, you immediately discover why all Colorado pot tastes like shit, or like a diet soda instead of real soda with REAL sugar, they all use chemical cocktails to boost THC.

He's the label from one edible: Nutrients-Marijuana, Bud Candy, Superthirve, Clonex, GWS Microbial, ph Up and Down, Monsterbloom, Aquaflakes A nd B, Sensizyme, Big Bud.

That explained immediately what I thought and why it all has that crap chemical hydro weed taste. (no offense to hydro growers!)

Good luck!

#6 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1788 posts
  • Interests:Interesting things

Posted 06 January 2017 - 10:04 AM

I can agree with you Diesel. Everyone here claims they are full organic because so many ask for it. I read the other day that there are only 3 certified full organic grows in the whole state. It's probably why I have a headache this morning and yesterday. I tried some edibles I hadn't had and noticed a headache yesterday morning and shrugged it off. I only did 10mg last night and I have to be same headache this morning. I was thinking the same thing to myself.

I been complaining about the disparity in the herb since I've been here. Total hit or miss and the staff will lie through their teeth to move it. Grow supply stores are clogged with what seems like hundreds of choices of nutrients all with pop art or cartoon labels. Its insane. The people working in the places have no idea how to answer questions about much of it. "Grow" stuff for vegging, and "bloom" stuff for flower. Sad.

"Welcome to Dankville, son"

US VETERANS FOR LEGALIZATION OF CANNABIS

#7 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:11 AM

U should just earn money, not getting into the whole thing, man!!! ;)

Greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#8 Misterdirt

Quiet Desperado

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8856 posts
  • Interests:NASCAR Heart Racing

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

I've had plants with plenty of trichs that didn't have much odor, so trichs and terpene content are not necessarily always linked.
Place no head above your own.
-- Gotama The Buddha

#9 DesertGrown

All around plant guy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3347 posts
  • Interests:Everything cannabis.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:35 PM

Terpinator is a nutrient additive that simply boosts potassium... it's definitely not a wonder nutrient like they would have you believe.

Terpenes are manufactured in the stalks of trichomes... THC and other cannabinoids are made in the head of the trichome.
CANNABIS will get you through times of NO MONEY better than MONEY will get you through times of NO CANNABIS

#10 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

To see that list on an edible dieseldog, incredible, no integrity with some of these "companies". Greed ruins so much in this.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#11 agreenpassion

Johnny Appleweed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • Interests:Canna genetics, the meaning of life and maybe a few other things. Just ask.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

GG#4, The White, Durga Mata, PCK, Herijuana, Cali Hash Plant, NL #5, damn I cohld be typing for hours mang. What the hell. There are a shit load of high return strains and crosses. Most anything Indica dominant or considered a wide leaf drug cultivar would fit the bill. And some Sativa leaners also like Tangie or Sugar Punch.

Really what you are looking for is less plant and more trichomes...
(1st is not my picture)
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
nothing for sale.

#12 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1788 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:09 AM

Awwww, Christmas all over again. Pretty snow covered treee!

#13 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 10:32 AM

U know what strain it is in the first pic? Looks mighty fine!

Greetz

#14 agreenpassion

Johnny Appleweed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2939 posts
  • Interests:Canna genetics, the meaning of life and maybe a few other things. Just ask.

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

I think that strain is called, "Holy shit Batman!" Okay, I just made that up. Can't remember what he called it atm.

Pretty sure one of it's parents was Gordy's Spice with the other side being a haze cross. Have to look it up later. Know it's an extractor's dream. Could be a serious boon to med patients reliant upon extracts with high THC/CBD 2/1. :)
nothing for sale.

#15 gardenartus

Queen B Medican Woman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1510 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:07 PM

Ghost finder ;) Wow that is pure white with trichs, I would love that plant, perfect oiler.
The Devil Whispered in my ear "You're Not Strong Enough To Withstand The Storm" Today I Whispered In the Devil's Ear " I AM THE STORM"

Darkness can not hang with the light, The guilt becomes too much, too large a burden to bear, and soon they slink back into the night. Their actions they no longer can ignore, when the lightness shows their true intent. Choose to be the light.
Posted Image

#16 Mr Goodfellow

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1788 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

I love the gray background, it makes it look like it's on the North Pole!

#17 FoolOnTheHill

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1747 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:42 PM

Not only at the buds, but also at the leafs:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a bonus!
And the eyes in his head see the world spinning around.

#18 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 01:25 PM

Due to my low humidity I have to deal with right now I observe more resins from right at the start of budding, I just hope that the yield will not suffer so much. When I take a look on the amnesia (3 weeks from chop on the calendar) it doesn't look like. Could it be that plants are finishing earlier in a rather dry climate? Temps are good between 20*C and 28*C. It seems that the amnesia will make it in 8 weeks and my sour diesel x cheeseberry cross in 7 weeks.

Greetz

#19 agreenpassion

Johnny Appleweed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2939 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 07:23 PM

Generally, when they look done I wait a week... And the flowers harden up, get much heavier and the trichs and terpines develop fully. But yeah, lower RH can cause a stress-induced increase in surface oils.
nothing for sale.

#20 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1964 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:36 AM

...and a quicker finish too? I mean I will wait of course but from the look it's faster than last time I grew her.

Greetz