Officially new here (lurked for years) not new to cultivating

17 replies to this topic

#1 wisecalyx

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, artistic outlets, playing music, learning.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:12 PM

Just wanted to say hi, say a little about myself... and official venture outside of breeder corner.

Been around cannabis my entire life. Parents never sheltered and my pops always had plants growing, seeding or cloning. He passed on that knowledge to me from a young age, and I learned to grown and change with the plant (had to unlearn some of his old guy habits and lore).

Have over a decade into it as my own adulthood and like I said, everything prior with my pops. I love seeds and from seed plants. I love taking known clones and seeing their expressions OD. I feel different environments will express different variations on known cuts and pheno expessions can vary accordingly and a valid ability to track genetic markers. Diversity is my spice of life and am a seed hoarder.

I make f2's of almost everything OD and hit clones of keepers for future pheno hunting or bx work.This does create some redundancy but usually only for genetic backup (my kids will have something special and grand when I'm gone).

I share everything. I'm not a gate keeper or a key master. I gift because I've been gifted. Just how I was raised.

Everything done organically always.

I think earth ethically when growing. When OD I follow scouts honor haha, I leave the place better than when I found it.

My parents are disabled, so nothing is wasted.

I sift, I bubble, I tumble seeded plants. I make full spec tinc and heavy coconut oil eddies.

I want to experiment with grafting for mums, plant count and pollen chucking projects... totally possible, not hard yet hardly utilized.

Super hot peppers are also my passion, they usually have the most wicked, ornate, diverse structures... nature says stay the fu ck away and I say c'mere hotstuff.

Play multiple instruments and have gotten to go places with music. Some things you can never unsee.

I try to give to my community more than I receive because every community needs that.

I try not to judge but I am human... like I said earlier, I grow with the plants... try to live the lessons they teach and lead by example.

My main medical focuses for myself are anti inflamation as well as anti anxiety aspects but search out all spectrums.

Sorry for the listy structure and perhaps not being as fluid as a normals post... talking directly about yourself sucks.

Thanks for having me, I love meeting new people, forging relationships and growing together. I will do my best to be a positive and enriching member. I will share more verbally and some pictures here and there. Reports as I can but I have to be "general" due to location... my state isn't even cool yet

Thankful for all the breeders who allow me to cultivate such wonderful relationships ;)

#2 bigun

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3943 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:21 PM

welcome and lok forward to seeing your work.

#3 Papalag

Old school hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 489 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:29 PM

Welcome to OG my brother

Papalag

#4 Barrie84

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 04:51 PM

Welcome !
Hybride Freak

#5 wisecalyx

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:16 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've commented in the breeders corner quite a bit and mentioned how I feel like I've known some of you here for year, kinda creepy but a good thing. Feels like family here. Been a lot of other places that didn't carry the esteem.

I will slowly trickle in things but ambiguity is of utmost importance. My governor is a real drag of a person who I hope can become a human being some day. You all will mostly get outdoor shots and hopefully macros as to not give too much background, the fam depends on me being a free bird and all.

As times progress I will be completely open and play a much larger role in grow shows and taking a look into my set up.

I like to grow trees.

Thanks all for caring and accepting what I can share here.
Thankful for all the breeders who allow me to cultivate such wonderful relationships ;)

#6 agreenpassion

son of Pema Tashi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2292 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 06:51 PM

Big fat welcome, my friend. Pleasant surprise. Didn't know I'd see ya here. :)

Look forward to ur threads and pm_s

my humble HOLY L.U.I. grow journal:
https://www.opengrow...__fromsearch__1

#7 wisecalyx

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:17 PM

Thank you agreenpassion! Haha gotta get around. Glad I'm here instead of lurking, should have said hi a long time ago. I love how it's not an ego stroking measuring contest over here, we all have similar goals with different needs and journeys. Much respect. Much love. Kindeness. Sharing. Can't wait until I don't have to hide anymore though.

#8 wisecalyx

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

And that holy lui is sooo legit!

L.U.I. is one of those babes that I wish I had cloned and wed, she was special. All 4 females I ended up with were all unique but my fave was this sweet sweet brown sugar baked goods lady, almost a cinnimon spice on the end... like those brown sugar cinnimon pin wheels but sweet

#9 madmaster420

Pheno Hunter

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2042 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Surfing and Scrabble. Also interested in medicinal applications of cannabis for treating autism...

Posted 08 January 2017 - 04:03 AM

Welcome to the boards, nice intro

:wave:

OG is one of those places where you get out what you put in

exponentially

Have fun and thanks for sharing!

MAD LOVE
FUCK CANCER...

Save the drama fo yo mama!

#10 gregster

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2564 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:21 AM

Welcome

#11 wisecalyx

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

View Postmadmaster420, on 08 January 2017 - 04:03 AM, said:

Welcome to the boards, nice intro

:wave:

OG is one of those places where you get out what you put in

exponentially

Have fun and thanks for sharing!

MAD LOVE

I will share what ever I have rattling around that I've aquired. Knowledge is power, I loom forward to growing with you all.

As thinga change, I will be more visual than literary. We're all in different phases of this evolution... my strictures are archaic if you catch my drift.

#12 kamut

Super Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:00 PM

Interesting story, man. Welcome. I would love to teach my kid to grow, but she is not interested in pot or growing. Maybe that will change. Maybe she's better off not being a degenerate slave to reefer like her dad.

A question: can you say more or link to something on how to make "full spec tincture?" I make the regular green dragon recipe, cooked down stronger, but it's the recipe that come up first or second when you google "green dragon drops." I decarb the weed in the oven, and boil it with everclear grain alcohol. I love this stuff, as does everyone who tries it, but I don't think it's "full spectrum" , because it seems to have the same effect regardless of what strain I use. I think I'm getting a lot of thc, but I don't know what else.
To whom it may concern: I am in compliance with my state's medical marijuana laws. Everything I am describing here is legal in my state.

#13 wisecalyx

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:22 AM

I have decarbed before, but for this aspect I need inmolested bud because in essense you are converting THC-A to THC and also producing degredation to CBN. I'm sure other things happen during the decarb process when decarbing. Add to the boiling in everclear you're definitely losing terps.

I cold process fresh herbs, submerge it in everclear enough to soak and put in the freezer. Add more everclear as needed and shake whenever you're in there. I also freeze the fresh herb.

This mixture sits for months, as long as a year.

In addition I take well dried (crispy) material and and do a similar process. On that.

I have decarbed hodge podge jars with stems, larf, bud, rough sift and assorted hashes.

It's all about what you are targeting from the material you're working with. Each cultivar is different, the biggest reason I see your dragon as all having the same effects because of the way you're renderinf it.

Sometimes I do what you said and decarb but only boil the tinc later to consentrait it.

I've even made shatters with everclear that dab.

All in how you use it.

I've also gotten great results with room temp glycerin tinc and whole plant :)

#14 wisecalyx

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:39 AM

Also, when I do reduce it and consentrait I double boil, temp never raises abover 200 degrees F, and I do find that if I didn't decarb I see more variance and realizable effects. But in all honesty the magic of a full or fuller spectrum os the things you don't feel. The unsaid therapy.

Or perhaps I'm crazy, but the cold process has more of a body and more well being. The others just fuck you up.

I love getting blitzd but I have to think of functional meds for my parents, their bodies are pretty rough.

Also, glycerin tinc works way better sublingually, the everclear tincs (even reduced) will tear your mouth up.

Also, if cold processing... strain well and a press works very well to get the best stuff out.

Now, someone needs to breed a plant with high THC-V with a high CBD cultivar as I read that is only way to breed on CBD-V.

We need all the cannabs in our quiver.

#15 MiNdLesS

Grow Teacher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1376 posts
  • Interests:Growing, Knowledge, People, Family...and stuff

Posted 10 January 2017 - 04:41 PM

Nice info, thanks for sharing ur process

Greetz
He who has learned to do nothing with his whole mind and body will have everything done for him. DE

#16 santero

awol

• Moderators+
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5267 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:08 AM

hey and welcome B)
“We all have inner demons to fight. We call these demons ‘fear’, ‘hatred’, and ‘anger’ ... If you don’t conquer
them, then a life of a hundred years is a tragedy. If you do, a life of a single day can be a triumph.” - Yip Man

#17 johnnyrockets

Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:38 PM

Welcome

#18 wisecalyx

Advanced Grower

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:24 PM

Thank you mindless, santero and johnnyrockets! Appreciate it.