•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
lumatekfan

The flying dutchmen: fuma con dios and Kerala Krush

Hey,

I was wondering whether someone has any experience with fuma con dios or Kerala Krush?

As far as I know the flying dutchmen had some solid oldschool genetics, but did they keep up the quality?

Always heard their haze was the closest to the "original haze" genetics if there is/was one true haze.

• Like 4

Wow, Kerala Krush, that takes me back. I grew out some Indian Skunk from Seedsman back years ago when I was still skeptic about commercial seeds, I bought whatever was cheap and had a nice picture. Kerala Krush and Skunk, grew tall both indoors and outside, couldn't manage it, huge node gaps, fan leaves like frisbees, unpredictable growth patterns...It wasn't a good choice for my environment or level of experience. I failed big time. Good luck with that.

• Like 2

thanks for the info Gimme5minutes! Did you grow them from seeds or clones? How long was the flowering time?

Luma

• Like 2

I grew them all from seed, they had a taste of fresh mint, something fruity (maybe pineapple), wood and a little peppery spice. The Skunk beefed up the bud size and didn't come out in the flavor. Plants either put out flowery popcorn buds or one cola. Didn't finish outdoors, the high had a dirty, speedy feel to it like an unpleasant Sativa. From my best guess they were listed at 9 weeks and went about 11 indoors and even then it didn't stop putting out new flowers when it was cut. Not a winner.

• Like 2

Thanks man! I wonder sometimes how much the old breeders (Sensi, flying dutchmen) worked their strains

field-of-dreams.jpg

Believe me, the Flying Dutchmen has been part of the better/best breeding programs.

Before they were the pioneers and inbred strains into stable IBL lines and not comparable to most new breeding companies.

Breeders like me reap the benefits of their hard work as using their genetics offer stable and predictable F1 hybrids.

But sensi bought it a long time ago and the original breeder of TFD does not do this anymore.

• Like 6

field-of-dreams.jpg Believe me, the Flying Dutchmen has been part of the better/best breeding programs. Before they were the pioneers and inbred strains into stable IBL lines and not comparable to most new breeding companies. Breeders like me reap the benefits of their hard work as using their genetics offer stable and predictable F1 hybrids. But sensi bought it a long time ago and the original breeder of TFD does not do this anymore.

Thank you for sharing your infos... Which of their strains did you grow? Any recomendations?

I used to work for/with the Flying Dutchmen, grew all their strains and 40% of the pictures in their catalog are taken by me...lol

They no longer supply Sensi with these genetics so not sure about current origins, perhaps Sensi has used seedstock to recreate them, but the Kerala Krush was very good and a good yield thanks to the Original "the Pure" Skunk#1 male they used in this hybrid.

• Like 6

I used to work for/with the Flying Dutchmen, grew all their strains and 40% of the pictures in their catalog are taken by me...lol

They no longer supply Sensi with these genetics so not sure about current origins, perhaps Sensi has used seedstock to recreate them, but the Kerala Krush was very good and a good yield thanks to the Original "the Pure" Skunk#1 male they used in this hybrid.

Wow sounds interesting. I was for a long time interested and finally got some fuma con dios and kerala krush. From what I got in your post you are not sure whether the genetics remained the same? Could you still say something about the Fuma Con Dios as well? How hazey stretchy can it be?

Some folks here in Germany selected a great Pheno from Titan's Haze but it took 12-13 weeks. I went for the Fuma Con Dios in hope to find a 12 weeks pheno more easily, as it was indicated as 12 weeks.

greetings

luma

Hi again mate, the Fuma con Dios was great although I do not remember how long she took.

Both the con Dios and con Diablos were very hazey strains, one with Haze as a dad and the other with Skunk as a dad.

Could be done in around 12-13 weeks I suppose, but being a true haze hybrid it could be a bit longer.

I would say worth a shot as it is quite a special strain and nothing like the modern haze versions.

• Like 2

Thanks I was mainly wondering whether how long she took and whether she's a true old haze hybrid