•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Hello Opengrow,

after mostly lurking for the past months I wanted to share some pictures from my current grow to gain some advice and share some insights with the community.

It's 20 plants under 600w on 1.2 sqm, I know it's too much, :oeps I will put less next time. I say that every time :rofl

3x KF#7 (all phenos are own selections)

2x KF#11

1x KF#5

2x Shackzilla

1x Kali Snapple x SSH (sativa leaning pheno)

2x D's Jack (mystery Sannie's Jack cross)

3x Chocolate Cheese#3

2x Chocolate Cheese#1

4x Sugar Punch

Chocolate Cheese, KF#11 and Kali Snapple x SSH are new this round and I am quite excited about all of them. CC seems to be quite sensitive to nutes and KSSSH surprised me by growing quite stout compared to Shackzilla.

Day 7 D's Jack left, Chocolate Cheese right

gallery_3682_5900_130868.jpg

Chocolate Cheese left, Sugar Punch right

gallery_3682_5900_992264.jpg

D's Jack and KF in the back

gallery_3682_5900_1018538.jpg

not such a good picture but I wanted to show the enormous growth of the past days

D's Jack and CC 13 days of flower

gallery_3682_5900_1182761.jpg

Whole tent 16 days of flower

gallery_3682_5900_925186.jpg

Killing Fields and D's Jack 16 days of flower

gallery_3682_5900_54499.jpg

from left to right D's Jack, Sugar Punch, Chocolate Cheese 16 days of flower

gallery_3682_5900_407928.jpg

D's Jack, Sugar Punch, CC day 16 of flower

gallery_3682_5900_24667.jpg

I use RFX and think that my plants would benefit from mixing it 50/50 with Gordan Growcubes to lower the sponge effect a bit. RFX seems to hold a lot of solution due to the higher amount of foam, however, I am still impressed with the plant's perfomance.

Have a good week and stay safe.

Luma

• Like 11

Your plants look very happy lad.

The foam content is too high in the RFX.

The grodan cubes would help but you could get some Grodan granulated and that would be better than the mini cubes.

You could top dress with the granulate and that would keep your algae in check.

Your girls do look very happy.

simplicity

• Like 1

So full and lush :). Looks great

Thank you Dr Don Bonez! Nice to have you on board. :wave:

Your plants look very happy lad. The foam content is too high in the RFX. The grodan cubes would help but you could get some Grodan granulated and that would be better than the mini cubes. You could top dress with the granulate and that would keep your algae in check. Your girls do look very happy. simplicity

Thanks for the info simplicity. Nice to have a mapito grower looking over my shoulder. I remember following your growing journal in the hydro section. :grinning_respect:

Why would you prefer the granulate over the mini cubes? I did not really understand that. Would be nice if you could elaborate on the differences of the two.

Happy weekend fellas

• Like 1

end of week three

gallery_3682_5900_1028446.jpg

Had to do some bending as plants where growing to much

• Like 2

That's a nice problem to have Lumatekfan.Lots of growth makes me very happy.

Thanks gregster! Growth was almost a bit scary though. I fixed my reflector to the ceiling of the tent hoping that the final stretch is over now. We will see.

Unfortunately I have some trouble as RFX is holding much more solution than it should, thus I have signs of over watering although I just flood every 3 -4 days.

Well next grow I will add some more rockwool to make it more balanced.

Pics turned out to be a bit flimsy but I hope you guys will enjoy them still at least a little bit.

27 days of flower

gallery_3682_5900_421920.jpg

gallery_3682_5900_662638.jpg

gallery_3682_5900_496065.jpg

gallery_3682_5900_126696.jpg

I noticed that some Sugar Punchs are flowering slower than the other although they're all clones. Well even clones have some variation in such chaotic conditions.

I had to do so much bending to keep the plants under control.

gallery_3682_5900_238966.jpg

gallery_3682_5900_275049.jpg

gallery_3682_5900_1166707.jpg

Chocolate Cheese

gallery_3682_5900_450600.jpg

She's a bit to sensitive and having troubles with the RFX. Let's see how they will develop. Smell is very promising so far. One pheno is more like forest fruits, reminding me of Aztec Rain the other has more a flavor of red fruits.

• Like 7

Nice jungle you got there Luma :)

Lot of bending time :whip: Keep up the good work!

Thanks! A pleasure to have you on board, as it was your report convincing me to share my current run with you guys.

loving your grow mate i will be watching this grow

Thanks for the compliments! Now it will become even better by every passing week.

Looking good! I'll be following along.

Nice!

It seems to me that flowering might be a bit delayed due to the water retention of RFX so maybe 11 weeks instead of 10. However slowly they are building flowers. They seem to have a weird mix of deficiency and over watering no? What do you guys think?

gallery_3682_5900_864355.jpg

• Like 2

Hello neighbor Lumatekfan,

Your plants do not look very happy if you don't mind me saying so. In my opinion the problem (usually) is pH related. Make sure you don't go higher than pH 5.7 and never lower than 5.0. If your return pH is higher than give lower. I agree that flowering is slow which may be because you grow too wet, from which you get fungus gnats like you have. And your plants are also too high and bushy for the light to penetrate through. In this case i would take one or two plants out and supercrop your crop, something like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDFQXGkQX4

And watering mapito from the bottom using an ebb and flow system is the easiest and best way as shown by the old-school growers also on this forum. It prevents fungus gnats and by pumping out the remaining water you never drown the plants. I highly advise it because since i switched to this system my grows have been flawless ever since.

• Like 3

Happy Greens there,Luma :tu......sehr hübsch!!

gonna pull me a chair too for this promizing looking run !

• Like 1

Hello neighbor Lumatekfan,

Your plants do not look very happy if you don't mind me saying so. In my opinion the problem (usually) is pH related. Make sure you don't go higher than pH 5.7 and never lower than 5.0. If your return pH is higher than give lower. I agree that flowering is slow which may be because you grow too wet, from which you get fungus gnats like you have. And your plants are also too high and bushy for the light to penetrate through. In this case i would take one or two plants out and supercrop your crop, something like in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDFQXGkQX4

And watering mapito from the bottom using an ebb and flow system is the easiest and best way as shown by the old-school growers also on this forum. It prevents fungus gnats and by pumping out the remaining water you never drown the plants. I highly advise it because since i switched to this system my grows have been flawless ever since.

hey hamme, I don't mind about your criticism not at all actually! It's nice and important to get some feedback, which is the main benefit from doing a report, although the nice comments are highly appreciated as well. :innocent:

About the pH, I tried to keep it stable, but I don't know whether the rfx is holding to much moisture and the pH is shifting in the substrate. I was wondering how big are the crates you use? Mine are 60l, would you say it's to big?

I do not water my crates from top, they are standing on a flooding table and I just flood 30% of the crates height, however, the RFX still sucks it all up unfortunately.

About super cropping, I actually did that, but the plants just got up again and continued growing. On some pictures you might see that the stem was bended, but the just continued to grow. Next time I will put less plants for sure!!! May I ask how many plants you put per square meter?

Happy Greens there,Luma :tu......sehr hübsch!!

gonna pull me a chair too for this promizing looking run !

Nice you're stopping by again. I guess it was also due to some pictures of your Chocolate Cheese that I decided to grow them. Can that be? Did you encounter a red fruit pheno? I am not that satisfied due to the RFX, but it will be rewarding anyways I guess.

hey hamme, I don't mind about your criticism not at all actually! It's nice and important to get some feedback, which is the main benefit from doing a report, although the nice comments are highly appreciated as well. :innocent:

About the pH, I tried to keep it stable, but I don't know whether the rfx is holding to much moisture and the pH is shifting in the substrate. I was wondering how big are the crates you use? Mine are 60l, would you say it's to big?

No i wouldn't not say your crates are too big. The crates i have are 30liters, the ones people use for groceries. The rfx-1 won't hold too much moisture, it holds what it can and no more. Also the shifting pH in the medium is no problem, it is natural and why we give a lower pH. Be sure you give the correct pH and than it will be good in the medium.

I do not water my crates from top, they are standing on a flooding table and I just flood 30% of the crates height, however, the RFX still sucks it all up unfortunately.

Okay, the way you water is the best for rfx-1 i believe and the amount of water the rfx-1 sucks up is perfectly fine, long as you pump the remaining out. Have you measured the return water? Those values can tell you a lot.

About super cropping, I actually did that, but the plants just got up again and continued growing. On some pictures you might see that the stem was bended, but the just continued to grow. Next time I will put less plants for sure!!! May I ask how many plants you put per square meter?

Have you read this howto topic by Eskobar? For my current grow i have 9 plants per meter in 11literpots, but my next grow will be in 30liter crates with 3 clones per crate, directly on 12/12 inspired by Eskobar his topic. I am planning on following his schedule too, although enzymes are very expensive and i may leave out the callgel and supervit too.

• Like 1

Curious what the medium is you are using. OK< I Need more CBD or something I swear, my brain is really bad, I thought the title of this thread, was your name and title of the grow. Good Lord! lol I really need CBD lol

Mapito ha ha ha on me

• Like 1

@Lumatekfan try to water less than 1/3 of the crate and find the height when the top of the pito wont be wet.

I use 60 and 30 liter crates also.. bigger crates can hold more water..so if u slightly reduce the waterings height...

u will solve the first problem:)

oldschool plant numbers 12/12 from clone

winter/24/m2

summer 16/m2

hi lume from the look of them from where i sit look like to long in veg as hidro says go from rooted clones if they have super nice roots if not 4 days veg max

rfx=1 will all ways sit to wet a few tryed it on HD and dumped it after the grow was done what you can do is add some car seat form to the rfx and then water not so high so they dont sit wet to wet they will not feed right and it also fucks the p.h up as well.

what is your tap e.c +the p.h

my mix of mapito has coca in +30 per cent car form hope this helps

space

• Like 1

rfx=1 will all ways sit to wet a few tryed it on HD and dumped it after the grow was done

I've heard that before but not often, on the Dutch forum it's known as the next best thing to the old Mapito, with which i do not have any experience myself so i cannot compare it.

Anyhow, throwing the high priced rfx-1 away is too expensive for me, so i grew a couple of times with it and i learned to like it. Recently i did a side by side with rfx-1 and coco and the first blew the latter away. Nevertheless i am always open to upgrades, but car seat foam will be too tough to get a hold of. How about i add perlite to the mix, will it work the same as the pball i've seen here?