•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

gingerb

USC Cheestral & DNA Lemon Skunk Grow

Bit of a newbie here guys well to the open grow forums anyway, but not to growing.

Recently received I think the last pack of cheestral via sannies and thought it would be nice to do a diary/journal on the grow.

Only starting with x5 cheestral seeds all have popped and are 7 days in, I've also got fem dna lemon skunk going aswell.

My setup is pretty simple:

120cm width x 60cm depth x 160cm height

5" Extractor with carbon filter

Advanced XTE 200 (with controls for veg/bloom)

I sometimes add a 2nd LED for extra light in flower.

Soil is a mix up of plant magic, ewc & perlite

Wishing for at least a few cheestral females, will be posting some photos in a few weeks.

• Like 9

The mob will soon be demanding photos, Gingerb. Don't get them upset. You know how mobs can be. I mean, you know, not me. But these other guys...

• Like 4

Welcome gingerb

Pic need to be up loaded in to the gallery

There's a few treads on how to post pics

Mine still post sideways lol

Good luck a welcome

Also I agree with mr d

More pic please the mob like pics

lol

Theira good crew on OG and a fun place

Enjoy

Papalag

• Like 1

Along for the ride gingerb. I hope you get some nose-tingling phenos from either one.

Good luck and happy growing!

• Like 1

Nice bit of growth in the last x5 days, all plants seems to be locked in. I will be thinking of moving them to my main tent by end of weekend. The cheestral will be repotted into deeper square pots (1.8litre) for better root development. Has anyone grown cheestral here? am wondering how quick this strain shows sex, 5 or 6 weeks I am guessing.

The female lemon skunk will be repotted into either a 16litre or 30litre fabric pot over the weekend, as I want to veg this till the cheestral is ready to be flowered.

Few photos below, i've slowly introduced the red/pink light over this week via my LED lights.

Lemon skunk is in the fabric pot.

gallery_18137_5926_4596620.jpg

gallery_18137_5926_6969464.jpg

• Like 6

Nice lush growth in 5 days, for sure! There is definitely some vigour in those seeds, especially the Cheestral.

Rock em at least 6 weeks or longer, gingerb!

Happy Growing!

• Like 1

I repotted all cheestral plants into deep square 1.8 litre pots this evening, root development is amazing for these plants at this age. I must of been watering to much as soil was very damp. Lemon skunk I will repot to its final pot next weekend, am thinking of putting it into a 25 litre fabric pot.

Looking nice and healty, the first one on the last row needs some attention but overall very good!

Cheers Barrie, the back x2 plants are mystery grows from a very random selection of seeds.

Am just waiting on sexing them, but they seem to be taking there time. Ideally they need to be repotted asap but

I don't really warrant new soil for them just yet.

See photo below anyone know whats causing this on my leaves of a few of the cheestral?

Only been feeding them plain water so far so can't be a nute problem.

gallery_18137_5926_1944713.jpg

It looks like a potassium deficiency to me, gingerb. But I could be wrong. It could also be too high pH if you're using tap water that is also.

What nutrients are in this plant magic? They're probably hungry at this stage.

Cheestral is a hybrid of genetically dissimilar strains and therefore heterotic(vigorous) and will grow and assimilate nutrients faster then other strains.

• Like 2

It looks like a potassium deficiency to me, gingerb. But I could be wrong. It could also be too high pH if you're using tap water that is also.

What nutrients are in this plant magic? They're probably hungry at this stage.

Cheestral is a hybrid of genetically dissimilar strains and therefore heterotic(vigorous) and will grow and assimilate nutrients faster then other strains.

Hey Raise I've not started using any nutrients yet, I will add some on next watering.

I currently use PM oldtimers grow nutrients. Thanks for Cheestral info also.

• Like 1

Ok finally all plants have be repotted into 12litre fabric pots, root development on the cheestral is amazing as you can see via photo below.

Lemon skunk is top left and the rest are cheestral. I'm thinking on at least 2 more weeks veg, currently just finished week 4.

I've x2 taller cheestral and x3 slightly shorter plants, all have been topped once so far.

gallery_18137_5926_446008.jpg

gallery_18137_5926_1370888.jpg

• Like 6

Due to no use of ferts so far, they may be deficient. Ph would also be worth checking but i think they're lacking food.

hope you get it fixed. They are a nice size and shape :)

• Like 1

Photo Update Week 5 Veg

Right all seem to be happy now, the strange browness on the leaves seems to have just been on a few cheestral all new growth is healthy.

I've switched to bloom nutes now and all plants have really perked up, aiming to switch to flowering next wednesday which will be bang on 6 weeks veg. Due to my faffing and transplanting too many times I don't think these plants are as big as they should be at 5 weeks. I've still not be able to sex the cheestral at the moment but will be keeping a close eye over the next couple of days and once flowering starts.

gallery_18137_5926_113078.jpg

gallery_18137_5926_259359.jpg

gallery_18137_5926_338609.jpg

Lemon skunk seems to be tallest out of all of them (top right in photo above)

Mystery plants are hanging in there and are now in 8 litre pots, one is confirmed female.

• Like 3