•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Robert Farrell

Auto and Regular plant breeding

Ok if i mix a Auto and Regular plant what will my end result be when i breed them wondering as i never tried it before so wondered if any one did and end result.

• Like 24

some say that without selection the auto will end up dominating ...

Who say that?

If that was true, all cannabis will eventually become auto.

But it's a recessive trait.

It wiil not happen.

@ Robert: you will not see any auto's in first generation,

you need to make a second, that will give you auto's in 25% of the seedlings.

So you need to select these, and make a third generation to lock the autoflower trait.

Good luck.

• Like 4

Some will be autos, some will not. My Diesel Ryder x NYC Diesel give about 50/50 auto flowering, all nice smoke.

That's kind of like asking, if I have sex with a redhead, will our babies have red hair?

• Like 1

Some will be autos, some will not. My Diesel Ryder x NYC Diesel give about 50/50 auto flowering, all nice smoke.

That's kind of like asking, if I have sex with a redhead, will our babies have red hair?

If you also have red hair, probably.

• Like 1

I don't get why people grow Auto's.

It costs more to grow an Auto in electricity than a regular Strain, I can understand new growers wanting to use it as a way to get into growing. If I had it my way, I would erase every single Autoflowering plant off the face of this earth and now the gene pool is being diluted with all these fast versions. Though it is true that without selection some in the right place after growing wild for generations would revert to Autoflowering. Just like Jungli Weed, Wild Charas plants, aren't anywhere near as potent as cultivated plants. I don't believe the Thc figures on some autos either, some are claiming 20% + Thc !!!!

photos simply outperform autos, so no need, imo.

@FOTH

not my idea, krk from highrise seeds insists on this.

but i noy believe it myself ... (just worth a mention,

so all opinions are voiced).

in the end it is better to look and

know then just read and believe.

• Like 1

Thunder Bud (Ace) x OG KUSH (auto)(Nirvana) - took a bit long in flower but gave small seeds - have folks trying them as we speak - results ??????

• Like 1

I have no experience with autos in breeding but I have the basic understanding of what FOTH stated.

Their are few auto guys who come around from time to time. Perhaps we can lucky with that.

While I do not see autos as an attractive choice for some it is.

• Like 1

photo

28x18 =504

70x12=840

=1344

auto

70x18=1260

this depends on strain etc

grow an auto in your veg room at no extra energy cost

put it in your flower room if needed

a good auto does not care about light hours

• Like 1

hehehe love it
  • Like 1

if I have sex with a redhead, will our babies have red hair?

I don't know, but your reefer will have red hair.

• Like 3

I was under the impression that an Auto crossed with a regular strain does not produce auto flowering plants ? That's what all those "fast Versions" are. Some of the Spanish seedbanks say that it makes the finishing time faster but still give eight weeks ?? You may get some semi Autos.

Peace

B

• Like 1

photos simply outperform autos, so no need, imo.

Outdoors, they are very usefull, another opinion that need to be mentioned.

I share it with that guy from highrise seeds.

It's possible to grow them outdoors in countries with short seasons, like Scandinavia.

And I saw great results in greenhouses too.

• Like 4

....Autos are excellent choice for Greenhouse-growing in northern countries,at ~50N. one can do 2 runs with plants that stay short and perform well under glass/poly

• Like 2

I'd rather grow Danish genetics that have been acclimatised than Autos or any photo that's been acclimatised. So many Photos will handle the harsh UK/Dutch/50degrees plus weather.

Idk, I've no time for autos, you just plant them & leave & I like being round my plants, its as enjoyable to me as smoking them at the end. Don't know how much longer I can do that either as host been diagnosed with an obstruction of my airways!

• Like 1

Autos are acclimatized, short season plants. Many can go from sprout to harvest in as little as 60 days and these plants don't rely on light changes to tell them when to start flowering.. just give 'em a few weeks... they'll start flowering all by themselves.

Autos are made with C. ruderalis, the third subspecies of the genus cannabis. These, once cultivated plants, originally come from southern Siberia and central Russia.

Ruderalis by itself is very low in THC, but has a moderate amount of CBD. Breeding ruderalis with indicas and/or sativas didn't really start happening until the early 80's.

Even though I'm not a autoflower grower, per se, I don't see any good reason to knock anyone for growing cannabis, whether it's something I would grow or not.

We are all here to help each other grow the best cannabis possible, regardless of which subspecies it is or combination thereof.

• Like 4

Last year I had 2 very nice autos in my backyard. They were very pretty, huge buds, high calyx to leaf ratio, good amount of resin and a sweet carrot smell...after drying and curing appears what I don't like: this green outdoor taste of my latitude...that's why I wouldn't grow them for smoke but to make oils is another story. This year I plant some again.

Greetz

Wow lots of replies and thanks everyone much appreciated haven't been by been extremely busy with a huge in door grow op i do with five other guys not only dealing with that but ordered a whole bunch of seeds to incorporate in a new breeding program. I was just wondering about autos because i have never grown them but read where different people have sure they don't have the kick that regulars do just grow alot faster.and why some people like them in any case got one northern lights auto to give them a try and have a nice indica I'm going to pollenate a couple buds and see what i come up with then go from there for other breeding.

• Like 1

My first grow ever was Lowryder 2, BECAUSE I wanted the Santa Maria genetics, I love the Brazilian high profile. I still grow a few from time to time because it's nice smoke, not a butt kicker by today's standards, but a great high.

Yesterday, I cut my first ever Holy Princess, which, has some structure similarities to Lowryder 2, aka, Santa Maria. I believe it was the same Planck cut used for both. Love Whie Widow, two, but not sure if that was Santa Maria Brazilian genes.

Some autos are kickass, some Diesel Ryder phenos will even impress diehards. Autos have a place in micro grows, and college kids world over say thanks to their creators. Plants that finish from seed in 9 weeks do have uses in northern climates, and also for medical patients without a lot of time, expertise, or space, as they are super easy.

An easier way to get close to the same finishing time, yet better results, is just run feminized seeds 12/12 from seed. Cheaper, too, on electricity.

• Like 1

My first grow ever was Lowryder 2, ....... I still grow a few from time to time because it's nice smoke, not a butt kicker by today's standards, but a great high.....

your absolutely right Dieseldog!!! LR2 is quite good weed,imo. excellent for daytime use if you´re buissy

a friend of mine use to grow it since yrs(only LowRyder 2,nothing else!!...he did a STS fem Version for his own use)

...here some pix:

gallery_1237_1064_83025.jpg

gallery_1237_1064_18779.jpg

...it looks more potent as it is actually lol

thats the Proof: lotsa trichs not automaticly mean high potency :no i smoked weed,that looked much more swaggy than this,but the potency was x5 lol

gallery_1237_1064_29616.jpg

• Like 2

your absolutely right Dieseldog!!! LR2 is quite good weed,imo. excellent for daytime use if you´re buissy

a friend of mine use to grow it since yrs(only LowRyder 2,nothing else!!...he did a STS fem Version for his own use)

...here some pix:

gallery_1237_1064_83025.jpg

gallery_1237_1064_18779.jpg

...it looks more potent as it is actually lol

thats the Proof: lotsa trichs not automaticly mean high potency :no i smoked weed,that looked much more swaggy than this,but the potency was x5 lol

gallery_1237_1064_29616.jpg

Excellent pics! I swear, my Holy Princess looks very similar, dark green, short, bushy, and sticky as heck. LR is a great high, I notice most that it doesn't last that long. I personally love the smell, kind of like a Skunk in first gear, popping the clutch and burning rubber. (Think that's the best smell description for it I've ever come up with!).

I've never run the Planck cut, but would love too. Was clone only but Cees has it in seed form, hard to get to the states, though. My HP is fascinating, probably every bit as fragrant as Chuckys bride, and structure is MUCH better. Just cut it yesterday, haven't even smoked it yet, but it looks scary good.

burning rubber? ...no , a lil bit skunky and kinda metalic ?? smell was not very intense, ~300W only

gallery_1237_1064_140658.jpg

• Like 1