•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Scone_Of_Ark

Belladonna

I totally Nailed It!

Killingfields // Madonna

gallery_833_383_48545.jpg

The famous Purple Killingfields female to a Purple Madonna male.

This is a week four shot, already has 'that smell'

The plant is tall and shows the typical Killingfields shape but its a deeper purple and darker flavor.

• Like 25

...as i read BellaDonna ,i was expecting the dutch strain ....but your Donna looks bella too :wub: ...lovely colors!!

• Like 3

Looks very promising! I like those magenta colours in the killing fields, always gives me the impression of 'alien weed' haha

Looking forward to the late flowering stage!

Greetz

• Like 1

Beautiful creation Scone!

I like the way the leaf edges turn purple from the center outwards, like purple fire creeping towards the leaf tip. I can't wait to see what she looks like in another 3 or 4 weeks... I can anticipate what it could look like, but I'd rather see a pic of it from you.

Should be a moderate to heavy yielding cross... what do you think?

How many different phenos did you have to go through before this beauty was found?

I like pheno hunting my self... all the possibilities!

Your Belladonna is an absolutely stunning lady to look at... excellent work Scone!

I hope she tastes as good as she looks!

• Like 2

Hi scone of ark

Just had to sign in to say she is a pretty lady you got there

Love killingfields myself

She is a looker

Please keep us posted

Thanks

Papalag

• Like 1

She's a lovely looking girl mate, Very nice indeed!

Looking pretty for sure!! I prefer green buds but if you prefer purple this most be the holy grail ^^

Hi Barrie.

Can there ever be a Holy Grail of Cannabis, when taste & colour / taste are so subjective? Like you I prefer Green Buds ( says he with 4 x 1 1/2 litre Kilner jars full of Purple Afghan Kush) lol. Because indoor growing is easier with symmetrical plants I feel too much emphasis is put on looks. It could be that a plant looks amazing yet tastes like shit or has a weird buzz, had that before. I'm not saying the Op's pant isn't beautiful, I'm referring to plants in general. Look at DJ Shorts Blueberry, the Real Blueberry has distorted leaves from the start but you never see those distort ions in anyone else's blueberry ! Trainwreck got its name as it looks like a bloody trainwreck when grown outdoors lol. Does that make sense?

Peace

B

• Like 1

Oh I have greenpot;

gallery_833_383_74074.jpg

This one is 'Kushifer'

{(Chocolate Rain / Herrijuana) // (Chocolate Rain / Mad S)} /// Chocolate Rain > Kushifer

I never just cross things.

The Madonna Killingfields is a male Madonna from the purple side of that one generation removed from the seed order, the Killingfields was inbred for purple 4 generations.

(Killingfields (inbred) / Madonna) // Killingfields (inbred) > Belladonna

A straight cross of the two (edit) Killingfields (F) was found that had super narrow leaves and a longer flower time among other things that was crossed with the male Madonna.

A male of this was used to back cross with the original purple Killingfields mother to make this.

Most of the work is developing and selecting the phenotype.

My criteria for the hazes are flavor and pungent, longer flower more narrow leaf type, vigor and how much abuse it can take.

For Kushes I am looking for loud skunky, hollow stem, fast flowering, general thickness and large calyxes.

• Like 13

@Bubba... purple strains has always a certain taste to me (at least the purple pheno's i smoked and there were allot)it some kind of soapy taste....and yep every spirit has different thoughts about their holy grail mine indeed had to be a beautifully green/orange one with allot of fruity flavours...because I prefer them,so if you ask me my answer is yes...

• Like 2

@Bubba... purple strains has always a certain taste to me (at least the purple pheno's i smoked and there were allot)it some kind of soapy taste....and yep every spirit has different thoughts about their holy grail mine indeed had to be a beautifully green/orange one with allot of fruity flavours...because I prefer them,so if you ask me my answer is yes...

My findings EXACTLY! Give me green/orange Bud with fruity flavors Im happy.

• Like 3

"A work of art Scone'

Extremely colourful with those purple/violet hues, very eye appealing.

I can only imaging what those scents would be like...

Good growing!

Poldergrower

• Like 2

I forget not everyone has tasted Killingfields.

Most purples have a woody dirty or planty taste favoring the afghan. The purple side of Killingfields has a real berry haze flavor. It's one of the few plants I've seen where the purple flavor is preferable to the green one. The other two are Madonna and Selene. I blame this on 'The One'.

Adding alittle Madonna to the mix really just adds some Blue Kronic and more of The One, which was the direction I was heading.

If you do the math, I made my own var of Selene.

• Like 3

Hey Barrie.

What you said about the Purples tasting of soap, man you hit the nail on the Head!! I was smelling some of the Purple Afghan Kush I have today & I was thinking, that smells just like Soap !! You couldn't have put it any better, at first I didn't think I'd get through it due to the soapy smell but luckily after about four months curing it doesn't come through in the taste, that's more berry'ish. Think our tastes are the same, I love the Fruity strains, strength is great but for me flavour is as important. I just got some Passion Fruit from Dutch Passion (Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Orange Bud).

It truly is an amazing plant, with all the many many flavours & tastes, not sure there's anything else like it in that way.

Peace

B.

• Like 1

Maybe thats my faults with purple strains, i never get the chance to cure some herb...maybe 3 months at max but then its gone (smoked) lol.....

Smoke much less these days, i`ll hope i`ll keep it this way...like it....

• Like 2

Most purple really does have a bad taste compared to the green of the same variety.

KillingFields is a standout exception. It's a haze, not afghan.

Comes off sweet soon as its dry enough to smoke.

• Like 2

Funniest thing about PAK is the description. "Tastes like Grapefruit" they said! There was a green pheno that tastes like pineapple a bit, I have to say it's really grown on me. I find Kush strains in general have a little bit of a soapy smell, not the real Kush, Strains derived from OG Kush & the like, the American Kush not the proper Kush from The Hindhu Kush Region.

Peace

B.

Starting to fill in now, and really starting to smell

gallery_833_383_48485.jpg

Speaking of Selene,

gallery_833_383_12527.jpg

Yeah they're purples too

gallery_833_383_57110.jpg

Also have some Blue Hammer going, and you guessed it

gallery_833_383_66396.jpg

The Blue Hammer taste like Jack, the Selene taste like Killingfields.

• Like 5

The above pic of Belladonna is great. It looks like the purple comes from the center of the plant, good shot!

I´ll follow your further purple explorations.

smile

• Like 1