•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
tacman7

Bhang Recipe

This is my version of the Indian drink Bhang.

Ingredients:

1. Buds 11 grams

2. Whole Milk 1 1/4 Cup

Equipment:

1. Strainer I use fine stainless by Oneida

2. Mortar and Pestle For Mashing

3. Containers for Processing

Equipment

• Like 3

Do you heat the milk? What is your process tacman :) Ahhh I see you put all the pics up. :) Do you heat the milk at all?

Why this step three times? gallery_19246_5932_8985.jpg

• Like 1

So you select some good buds then grind them up nice and fine.

Medicine

I use a skillet cause I don't have an oven but however, you activate the buds.

Decarboxylate

Then you add the milk. I warm the milk in the microwave for a couple of minutes, don't boil it.

Also once the buds are browned a little I turn off the fire for a minute before adding the milk.

This makes less drama and buds from splattering over the stove. I let it sit for 20min or so before I do the straining.

Add milk

Then you pour the skillet into a measuring cup that can hold it all and strain it.

First Strain

Now you put the buds in the mortar and fill it about half way with the milk and smash it around some. Then fill the mortar up stir a little then into the strainer. 1 1/4 cup fills the mortar up 3 times for me.

Mortar Pestle

Then you strain it into a different container. You want to do 3 washes like that. Then throw the buds away.

Three Passes

I use a tea cup that fits right into the strainer.and I'm able to squeeze them together pretty good. That's the hard part if you have problems with your hands. I have a thing that squishes the oil out of pot that works like a C clamp we use for making lotion.

Finished

• Like 5

The three times I got from actual Bhang recipes. Seems to get what I need out of the buds.

I've tried making this with ghee which is clarified butter. That works but I use whole milk and it has enough butter fat in it to work.

I've made it with soymilk, so that would be good to add a little butter or ghee. I've tried adding butter to the decarb process.

I've tried using lecithin. All these things work but change how it effects you. This recipe is what I use now every day.

I use 2 half teaspoons in the morning. Most of the time that's all I need for the day. I take another half teaspoon in the evening sometimes.

My wife does two tablespoons in the morning and again in the evening.

We do 2 spoons because I make two batches at a time. One is anti anxiety which is buds from the Summer of 2015 (just indica).

The other batch is last Summers crop which seems wilder to me, got some indica and sativa, some early and late harvest.

We try and get a variety of strains, then we harvest the ripest buds across the grow so lot of different plants in each harvest batch.

• Like 2

I use a press too, I would like to see your c clamp you use :) TY very well written out. I will try this out, have a new patient that doesnt' seem to mind the taste and has been using infused sugar, to me has too much cannabis taste. She will be exited to try something new. That sure doesn't take much to treat you, that is nice. :)

I think ill have to try this!!

Thanks

Those are wild looking, that's really hand made.

Press 1

Not sure what this press was made for maybe orange?

Press 2

It will really squish a blob of pot soaked in oil. Wish it was bigger.

Press 3

• Like 2

I love that press, used to deal in antiques :) This is the one I picked up, sausage press, the inside has a stainless steel straining pan. What I really want, cause even this take muskles! lol is a hydraulic press one. I use it for everything I make, butter, honey, oil, tinctures, all of it. Then buy one for rosin ha ha The Wine presses work really well too. I think I have destroyed quite a few presses lol, potato ones I just masicate those handles, course I broke 6 spatulas this last year so could just be me lol I am claiming they are just cheap China crap, Ain't me lol

gallery_14187_5117_130975.jpg

• Like 3

That looks like it could do some squishin.

Have to learn how to post a pic like that, I'm doing something wrong, you have to click it to see it decently.

So you have to store the image off site then put the url in?

I'm using the site I guess.

Bought a new squisher the other day

https://www.ebay.com/itm/201823348201?

Works pretty good. I use it for making the lotion not for Bhang.

I had to make a metal plate with holes in it to put in the bottom to turn it into a strainer.

the only thing different I do would be to make clarified butter, then head activated cannabis you then the milk.

just forgive you a longer shelf life.

Yea, the milk starts to turn in 4-5 days. But I eat sauerkraut, kimchi, and other fermented things so I started using it even if it is a little dodgy.

We make 3 different kinds all at once and nothing ever goes bad, rarely does it get a little edgy.

You could use soymilk if you used the butter. I was making some with Ghee which I guess is just clarified butter.

My wife started consuming more Bhang so I have to make one a day for her and 1 a week for me.

Big shortcut, grind up a larger amount like enough for 10 Bhangs and keep it in a jar.

Then just pour onto scale and throw in skillet when you need it.

Makes it pretty quick to make a Bhang.

• Like 1