•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
gardenartus

Will Marijuana Topicals Make You Fail a Drug Test or Make You High?

"Generally speaking topicals have far less cannabis in them than what you smoke, vape or eat., but even if they didn’t, you wouldn’t feel high with this application method." and you will not drop dirty.

"Transdermal Patches: The Exception to the Cannabis Topicals Rule"

Certain carrier oils such as emu, or if used with DMSO, will pull it through all layers of skin, and you would more then likely drop dirty. If the topical is made from CBD, and no THC, there is no need to worry about dropping dirty.

http://www.cannabischeri.com/mary-jane/learning/will-marijuana-topicals-fail-drug-test/

• Like 2

Topicals would have to be strong enough to be able to enter the blood stream for a person to test dirty or get high from their use. This is not possible.

• Like 1

Actually it would depend on what you use, the DMSO one I made up with THC oil, instead of infusion, I believe would hit your bloodstream, not sure if there would be any type high to it, doubt it, but might make one drop dirty.

• Like 1

I make a pain lotion that you can smoke!

I guess if you were desperate. Certainly smells like you could smoke it.

Double boiler type deal with coconut oil as the base.

It's strong and I use gloves to put it on my wife's back.

Makes my ears ring if I put too much on myself.

I put polypropylene glycol in it, would that function like dmso?

Also add glycerin and hemp seed oil.

• Like 1

Making anything with DMSO ensures it gets into your bloodstream, it almost acts like a chelate that binds onto anything to ensure its absorbed.

Hazy

• Like 1

I don't think those will carry through all the barriers of skin. Emu oil will :) When I use the balm in certain areas I feel a tingle too, it sure helps with the neuropathy, oh hell any pain!

Yea DMSO you have to be very careful with, it will pull all through the skin. If you get the real deal, that stuff is amazing pain reliever on it's own, but a lot of fake being sold out here. If you smell and taste garlic, you got the real stuff lol. I got around that by adding honey to it, keeps that taste and smell at bay.

Well, around here, they don't do blood tests any more, all hiring companies that require drug tests are taking hair samples for employment interviews. Much longer time frame for detection, and if you think through the topicals, well............. IMO, asking if a form of THC will make you high, i.e., looking for loopholes, when looking for a job is like Russian roulette. No, it won't make you high, but it might make you unemployed.

Rule of thumb, if you don't want to test dirty, don't touch THC/CBD in any form, preferably for at least 3 months. Have some experience along these lines. Nuff said.

I fucking hate this new policy of random hair testing... I'll leave it at that, or else I won't stop. UGH. I think it would be cool to try a topical for some sporadic back and shoulder pain I get, but I think when I do get that kind of pain it is stress related. I would do much better smoking a j than applying a location to stop my body producing all that cortisol.

We have not went so far as hair testing on a regular basis here to my knowledge, but some might. I tend to forget this is a worldwide site and I am not knowledgeable of other areas rules. I don't know with this being medical it really is crap how they treat folks who use it, not talking hey let's have fun and get stoned. Many use it for health, to stay off opiates, just a better choice all the way around for so many things. If I lived in a state or country that the use of was not protected, and my job tested, I would not use. I've had folks ask me and I've told them that I do not blame them one bit for not using, even pure CBD, it is not worth it if your livelihood and families livelihood relies on your employment. To me that is a crying shame, imagine how many would be able to if that wasn't the case, and have better lives with fewer side effects from pharmie meds.

I have treated patients who had to be tested on their yearly exams. They use CBD protects, the canna #4 I have test quite low in THC, if you use it in a balm, and do not heat it long enough to activate it, my patient never tested dirty. I had another that smoked it, and he home tested, but never was tested at work, but his home testing showed negative. I had friends that have used home testing before employment testing on his family and himself and testing for the canna showed no THC. For the testing we have here, this might change with the new laws changing here, this has been reliable for us. As long as no carrier oil or essential oil was introduced that draws it through the layers of skin, and herb used in topical was not heated to activation.

This canna #4 I have is very low in THC. Even when I make the heavy concentrate cannabis oil. It tests out at 800mg CBD-to I believe it was 4mg? THC< just above what folks where claiming for legal CBD. A few folks had the herb tested and CBDa was 13 to 15% CBD to .5 to 1.5 THC. So it depends on the plant you get as well and if you activate it. But with hair testing I have no clue because I haven't ran across those until now that had to face that.

Sorry you all have to face hair test, I am sure we will too, it is too bad it had come to this. Hope it doesn't get too much worse before it gets better for all out here.

Did you happen to go to the link? The quotes are from that site write up.

• Like 1

I fucking hate this new policy of random hair testing... I'll leave it at that, or else I won't stop. UGH. I think it would be cool to try a topical for some sporadic back and shoulder pain I get, but I think when I do get that kind of pain it is stress related. I would do much better smoking a j than applying a location to stop my body producing all that cortisol.

For sure, topicals do not cut it for me, they are an added aid in my treatment, and come in extremely handy for many things, but that would not cut it for me.

One of the things with topicals, some mixes of carrier oils and essential oils are so powerful that cannabis is not always needed for anti-inflammation and pain relief.

One of the things I have found very effective for pain issues, knees, back, hands, feet, many issues, is Turmeric with black pepper, taken with a high fat such as coconut oil, such as in foods and heated, even more effective.

Topicals used on a regular basis can heal and make many pain issues eased if not some lighter pain issues completely calmed. One patient I treated used tincture, topical, and a chiropractor, as far as I know he has avoided the surgery scheduled and that was years ago. :) These were infused with CBD and THC.