•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Barreleye

Willie Nelson x SFV OG

Willie Nelson, (Vietnam Black x Highland Nepalese), is a pure sativa that was made by crossing two landrace sativas. It has a moderate lemongrass flavor with sweet and sour notes mixed in.

SFV OG is a cutting from a OG Kush (Chemdawg x (Lemon Thai x Hindu Kush)) plant sourced by Swerve and it has a lemony-pine flavor to it and it's a very strong, hard-hitting, mostly indica strain.

Crossed together, I would imagine you could expect a moderate lemon flavor with some earthy-pine haze thrown into the mix.

A good 50/50 hybrid mix would probably give a really nice head & body high and be good medicinally too.

A sativa-leaning hybrid would most likely send you on an uplifting and cerebral, yet soaring high... you even get the giggles.

An indica-leaning hybrid would most likely take you down a few notches. It may have some cerebral effects, but it will definitely have a much strong body high to it.

The only way to know for sure is to germinate those seeds. Look for differing phenos to play with and take cuttings for clones... you'll be glad you did when harvest time comes around and you finally get to try the fruits of your labor and find there are phenos you really like for effect, medicine and/or social situations, ect.. Without taking cuttings for clones,those phenos will be lost forever.

Good luck with finding that special pheno and let us know how it goes... sounds like a nice cross.

• Like 8

What Desert said. As a rule of thumb, if you have two kick ass parents, their offspring are going to be rock stars, too.

Willie Nelson was one of Reefermans best ever stains, I'd definitely have it in my grow rotation if I could find Seeds. Haven't seen any for 3 or 4 years, but what I had was very green, greasy, sticky, sweet, earthy, funk. As I recall, it was a pretty heavy high, could put you down. Stands to reason. The little bit of Nam weed we saw in mid seventies was so good, it was scary.

Best of luck to you!

• Like 3

I grew out the original WN, which was an 18 week flowerer. Extreme sativa in effects -- if smoked by someone who doesn't smoke regularly, there could be a freak out. I first tried it at 17 weeks, after a month of abstaining, and almost convinced myself to drive to the ER. Thankfully I reminded myself that no one ever ODed on weed.

That said, in more recent years, another version came out that was supposed to be a 9-weeker. I don't know what that one was like. The cross mentioned by DG is the one I grew.

• Like 4

Hopefully the SFV OG will lower that flower time, my garden space isn't good for 17 weekers! I need to get some soil going, make going through beans much easier.

Thanks everyone for the info. Have 3 of them, hopefully one is a magic carpet ride.

With the OG Kush mixed in, the flowering time should drop to around 9 or 10 weeks for a 50/50 hybrid... maybe a week or two earlier if its indica-leaning... and maybe 12 weeks for a sativa-leaning hybrid.

Leave them in there until they tell you they're done, it'll be worth it.

I still believe the hybridization of sativas ruined some really great high profiles. While enabling genetics most of us fossils never imagined, it still polluted the sativas pool with indica genetics. That's not all bad, but when they are hawking Sour Diesel and White Widow on 5 mile beach in Jamaica and Orange Hill, even the most jaded hippie asks, " Is nothing sacred?" Most younglings have never had a real "rushing" high, that requires a pure sativa.

But, necessity is the mother of invention. When the war on drugs went nuclear, no one planned on a bunch of hippies with green thumbs and a few degrees in horticulture would figure out its cheaper and safer to grow indoors, than offload a fast boat at 3 am on San Francisco Bay.

What a long strange trip it's been!!! On second thought, old as I am, I am eternally grateful for shorter flowering times. Never mind.

• Like 7

The only issue with hybridization, for me, would be the loss of the originals. But quite frankly, I prefer hybrids. They're generally more powerful, IMO. That goes for indica doms, too.

It could be my brain's chemical or structural makeup, but an indica dom that is 20-30% sativa hits me much harder and has a higher ceiling than a pure indica.

• Like 2

Willie Nelson seeds are a bit hard to find - but the strain you mentioned would be a sativa dominate hybrid > interesting ?

Hey barreleye, who made the beans? Do you know? Much thanks!

So the bag actually said "Willie Nelson x SB OG." So maybe it's not SFV like my crap memory memoried. But, came out rather nice. Smells like you opened a bag of limes, the deep rich lime skin smell. Smokes a bit sweeter, like limeade...with some dark earthy lime rind mixed in.

I have no idea who made the seeds. Here's the keeper...grows a bit slower in veg, about same stretch in flower though. The flavor has less of the almost bitter rind flavor. Highs were very similar, evenly balanced stoned and high.

gallery_13548_5030_384086.jpg

• Like 6

The bud structure looks like the original WN — colas covered with small (1cm - 2cm) buds. It had a light lemon scent and thinner leaves.