•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Mink

NEED HELP IDENTIFYING

So im growing og kush (humboldt)from clone hempy stile. the plants are in 5th week of flower they seemed ok till last week when they should have started packing weight but today i spoted some wierd things i thik are seeds forming.

I found no bananas.temps are from 25c-19

Humidity 70-55%

Nutrients are floranova and havent gone above 1.5ec last week i flushed them with 1.0ec as they wierdly were geting some nute burn on tips and signs of N toxity top leaves curled down.

And here some pics

gallery_17516_5957_1221355.jpgURL=https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/image/194800-20170311-193322/]gallery_17516_5957_1444440.jpg[/url]

URL=https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/image/194799-20170311-193417/]gallery_17516_5957_1281949.jpg[/url]

Overall the buds seem under developed for 5th week.

Ill appreciate any help and comment.

Thanks

• Like 28

I dont know if its calyx or seed its shining out of those buds and stigmas are turning red so im fearing it seeds

gallery_17516_5957_1632028.jpg

Here is another pic

unless your growing under a candle I would have said for 5 weeks flower they are well behind and it doesnt look like its down to your growing skills..

• Like 1

unless your growing under a candle I would have said for 5 weeks flower they are well behind and it doesnt look like its down to your growing skills..

Exactly...they are almost the same as in week 3.

So ive been patiently waiting calming myself maybe they're a week off but then today when i saw this i was shocked.

My black dominas on the other table are doing great under same conditions no balls or anything.

So what could of caused this to happen?if they were stressed would grow balls am i right?there are no to be found.where did the f...... pollen come from?

My last round hermied late (stressed from chronic underfeeding) but I never saw anything during the grow, even using close-focus binoculars. I didn't spend a lot of time searching but it just takes a few blossoms.

• Like 1

makes sense for the plants to have small buds if it was pollinated in early flower stage and changed its focus to producing seed rather than flowers... This is also the reason why you dont pollinate to early when making seeds on purpose :)

• Like 3

That does resemble calyxes swollen with seeds... it also reminds me of a late showing hermie plant.

You stated that it's a clone of OG Kush... is it from a cutting you made or is it from someone else? Were there any problems with the mother plant that you know of? The reason I ask is because OG Kush is a stable strain and isn't commonly found to exhibit these types of issues.

When you hydrate your plants do you allow roughly 10-20% of the water to purge the reservoir of your hempy buckets and clear them of any nutrient toxins, salts and/or residues? If you dont, you should consider doing it every time you hydrate your plants to keep their delicate roots happy and working at full potential.

• Like 2

Honestly, if those are at week five (and only that size), I think your only real option is to fire them into the worm farm and start again. With only 3 weeks left of flowering, fully seeded plants will put their energy into seed production and not anything worth your time, effort or money. It's unfortunate, but those are most definitely seeds in the crown of that bud. If there are no male flowers and no visible pollen source, you have a Hermie. If you want to make absolutely sure, sacrifice a bud, cut it off and pick through the calyces and look for seeds. At that size they will be small green balls inside that look like little immature peas.

• Like 1

IMHO, this late, I'd let them do what they will.

I've had a few late into flower, go south on me as they started to seed.

And, I threw them away as someone suggested.

However, I once allowed them to mature, and was shocked as the trikes were still forming, they frosted up, they changed color from clear to cloudy, once a few a ambers, I cut them like any other girl.

Yes, I had seeds to separate, and I tossed them, but the weed, still smacked a bitch right up.

I did use most of it for edibles, but it had worth.

However, when I see a herm, in the first 3 weeks, I cull them without hesitation myself.

As to why, I'd elevate my bucket with the turncoat, flood her with ph adjusted water (of course you know the waters values before hand) then flood them, and check the run off numbers to the starting values....my hunch, they will be high.

Again my guess, that medium, allows water evaporation more quickly, allowing the root system to get to *hot* with built up nutrient strength.

Best of luck to ya!!

• Like 1

Seeds in plants can only happen if pollination occurs.. either by a male or by a female throwing out a few nanners or even a hermie.

When a cannabis flower gets pollinated it doesn't stay the same size it was when it first got pollinated, it keeps growing in size, however, the THC in the pollinated flowers will be somewhat weaker than the unpollinated flowers. The flower will still put on some weight and the trichs will still ripen, but the plant must put all available energy into creating viable seed.

Hempy buckets can dry out rather quickly because of the type of medium that is commonly used... vermiculite, perlite, ect.. These coarse mediums can hold a lot of water, but they also lose a lot of water due to evaporation.

• Like 2

I really dont know if ill keep them and waste another 4-5 weeks.

I really dont know the condition of their mother but when i got them they werent the best looking clones and also with a few thrips.But within 10 days veg in 0.5l pots they did recover very well and bugs dealt with.the pots were rooted very good.

The thing is until week 3 everything was looking ok yes a few were looking a bit to dark (5-6)and showed N toxity signs on the upper budsite leaves curled down so i backed down to ec 1.2-1.3 as the runoff was close to 1.7 and it wouldnt get lower in a week so i flushed them ec 1.0 and now the ec is steady 1.5ec.

Grow nutes were used until week3 and from then on flower nutes.

The hempy buckets dont have vermiculit instead ive added two handfulls of rockwool cubes above the reservoar and the last grows were great.i should mention that the clone plants were drinking far less water then seed plants so the buckets were never dried out.

The other table with dark dominas from seed was under the same regime and are doing great tho their runoff was also from 1.7-1.8 but here only one plant showed N excess they were flushed and the ec is stable and plants look great.

Is it possible that this excess of N stressed them so much that they hermied so late?

I whent and choped a top bud and opened it up and will post pics of what i found

A big thanks for everyone stoping by and sharing knowledge and experience

And here are my findings in the top bud so im sure of what it is.

the only thing im trying to do now is figuering out what have caused this to happen as im still not finding any bananas and all of the 34 plants seem to be the same.

Is it possible that clones somehow got pollinated before ive got them or is that unpossible?

Is it possible that they were cut off a stressed mother and being stressed themself so much that they hermied and im unable to locate a banana?

Banging my head into a wall right now trying to understand whats going on.

URL=https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/image/194868-20170312-193942/]gallery_17516_5957_454562.jpg[/url]URL=https://www.opengrow.com/gallery/image/194869-20170312-195736/]gallery_17516_5957_23818.jpg[/url]

And i was very excited to growing this strain again...shame

If the whole plant was pollinated, I kind of doubt it was a stray banana. Sometimes you'll get a few full balls of bananas. They're not always easy to find, either.

A few years ago, someone posted a pic of a plant that had gotten a few buds pollinated, and another board member saw an opened male flower in the pic that the grower who posted it missed.

Anyway, if you don't have full males blowing pollen anywhere in your operation, my bet is on a few male flowers you didn't notice. If you were given a cut that was pollinated, all the new flowers on the plant would not have gotten knocked up.

• Like 1

Yeah, that's rough. It seems they're well pollenated throughout the entire bud. I find it hard to see how they were pollenated that much without some visible male flowers. I had an Arcata trainwreck x Alaskan ice push nanners on the inside of the bud, close to where it meets the stem. I didn't see it until trim day, wasted 4 months and ruined 4 other strains with seeds. I just hacked down an Ace, Malowi for pushing bunches of nanners, got some seeds on the tops of some others close to the fan, but otherwise acceptable. My other Malowi pheno is throwing around one manner every few days, Gotta check that thing daily with a magnifying glass to hopefully catch them before opening. Not sure why they're doing it either, they seem happy and healthy. Anyway, wishing better luck your way.

• Like 1

that's a lot of herms, sure you don't have a light leak? problem with a timer maybe? red power light that's on at night?

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 2

Dude, that's a hemorrhoid!

Next 3-4 times you water, add a teaspoon of Metamucil per gallon of water, they'll go back Up into the buds soon.

On a serious note, let em run out if they're not hurting anything. Ive found stray seeds in all kinds of strains, most notably Kali Mist and Sannies Jack, but usually only one or two. Where you run into trouble is with a bad hermie that pollinates other strains in the same space. The end smoke is always just fine No sense trashing plants five weeks into flower, imo.

Don't kick yourself for what you've "done" to cause it, probably nothing. Hermie s are just natures survival trick. Wait, you didn't plant them without saying the magic words, or on a Tuesday before the full moon, did you?!!!!

Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

You just told us the whole problem and how it happened... I'll elaborate.

You asked a two questions in your last post... you asked if the clones could have gotten pollinated before you got them. The answer depends on two things.

One, if the cuttings were taken from a pre-flowering or actively flowering mom, then the clones will continue to flower for a little bit before turning back into veg plants. If the hairs are sticky, then pollen can stick to them and seeds will develop.

Two, if the cuttings were taken from a veg mom, then there is no way for the clones to get pollinated.

You also asked if it is possible that the cuttings came from a stressed mother and could that cause it to become hermie?

The answer is yes and incidentally, I believe this is what happened to you.

Clones are a genetic duplicate of the host plant and will exhibit any weakness, stress or other genetic deformities or damage due to insect pests that are found in the host plant... this includes mirrored healthy traits as well. A cutting from a sick plant will create a sick clone that will never recover... it cant, it was made this way because it's a genetic reproduction of its sick mom... illnesses and all.

When taking cuttings for clones, always remember that the overall good health of the host plant is very important in making healthy, vibrant clones that will exhibit an abundance of plant growth vigor.

You can help your cuttings root faster with aspirin water... take 1 or 2 uncoated aspirin and dissolve them in a gallon of water, then use the water in your cloning tray to moisten the cloning medium, it may also be used as a foliar spray.

Aspirin contains Salicylic acid, the same active ingredient that is found in willow tree bark and promotes new root growth, enhances the plants immune system and can help with stresses, insect attacks, drought conditions and some diseases.

Don't overdo it with the aspirin, plants can OD on aspirin same as people... a little can go a long way.

• Like 2

Thank you guys for kind words and knowledge.

No light leaks and all power lights are taped up so i guess not that.

After diging thru multiple budsites i found them after spliting buds in half actually they were growing inside buds.

Non of them were visible on the out side.

So now i really think that stressed mother was the cause of what happened.

No more friend clones for me!

Will try to make my own altough my power bill is allready big will try to squize some leds or cfl to keep a few moms.

Here they are

gallery_17516_5957_806590.jpg

@ desertgrown

Would you tell a bit more how you use the aspirin please?

Still havent decided throwing or keeping yet but they are throwing alot of trichomes even though they are seeded.

• Like 1

Keeping other people's clones out of your grow room does cut down on the possibility of certain pests. The only problem with that is it also keeps other people's clones out of your grow room. But you can still find killer keepers.

• Like 3