•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Beaned in Boston

Killing Fields indoor grow

Hello all, I have just started 3 killing fields from Sannies. I am going to try a Scrog for the first time. They are three weeks old and in a tent measuring 3x3x6 feet with two Mars 2 700w LEDs. 5 gallon airports filled with Foxfarm ocean forest. I have heard great things about Sannies seeds and KFs in particular.

I will post a photo of the youngsters as soon as I read the instructions. Peace

• Like 3

BiB,

You better have some eye protection with 1400 watts in a 3 x 3, its going to be like mars! With Killing Fields keep in mind the stretch will be for about three weeks, scrog is a smart move. Good luck and enjoy.

Be Cool & Peace

Billman

• Like 2

Welcome to Opengrow dude :) . Killing fields is a great plant! Havent grown it in quite awhile but was actually thinking of starting some of them up myself :) .

Looking forward to the pics.

Bless

• Like 1

Grew it as my first selection from Sannies - good choice! The light purple more sativa leaning pheno was my favorite... Heady, strong but not debilitating, clear, euphoric high! And bag appeal is through the roof. I may have pulled mine a bit early, but it was still amazing.

• Like 1

Welcome to OG!!! Here, you will find strains that put Cup Winners to shame, from breeders who really care about their product. Sannie is also one of the most righteous dudes around, too.

Killing Fields was what I originally looked at here, but got sidetracked with Chucky's Bride, Sannie's Jack, and Silver Fields, which has certainly not been a bad detour, they are all outstanding. While everyone else is slinging their 47% THC Colorado mega pot (I can't stand that chemical cocktail shit!), you'll have one that no one else has, but will sure wish they did once you share it!

Best of luck to you, you'll enjoy KF for sure.

• Like 1

Beaned,good choice,killing fields has some of the most beautiful phenos I've ever seen.I am going to order some soon,it's been a few years since I ran it.

• Like 1

hey dude welcome to OG, Can't go wrong with the selection on offer around here. Good luck with your grow. One strain i ent grown yet. Got 2 seeds sittong in fridge for couple years. so many choices good luck again ☺

• Like 1

Prepare to be underwhelmed. Very pretty, easy to grow, big yielding. Greasy with resin. No taste , no smell. I grew from seed regular and feminized. Grew a clone a member swore was great . I ran hydro, organic with teas, bottle nutes , Sannies tabs and bacto. I tried it a number of ways thinking I must be doing something wrong. No. Went back to California genetics where I didn't have to try so hard to get a good flavor. I didn't have to try at all , it was there in the genetics .

I grew this a long time ago. gallery_312_1070_253182.jpg

It was the first strain I grew that no dispensary wanted. It's when I realized the vast difference between what I was reading on this site and what I was experiencing in the grow room. Everyone told me I was doing something wrong. I grew Chemdog D , Bubba and Cherry Pie the same way and the results were vastly different.

If a strain has a strong flavor and smell , it should not be a struggle to make it come out no matter what the grow method. It was crazy because it smelled pretty good in flower, just after cure, it was gone.

• Like 1

this is a fancy way of saying that KF is shit, joker, lol ... but i

hear ya, i also prefer to grow elites then go from seed *shrug*

but it is two pairs of shoes ... if you ask me. elites are SELECTED.

chemD's sister (#3) was meh, so you see: there is lots possible ;)

maybe you just did not pop enough seeds (?)

usually it takes about 3-5 packs to find a really good one, no matter the line.

• Like 4

The thing was, everyone was telling me how great it was and that I must be doing something wrong. Yes, it's true, I had been growing "elite clones" , but I also grew a lot of seeds. To be fair I only grew about 15 seeds over time. Scone was saying KF was up there with the elites he was growing and I guess I didn't find those phenos. I still love seed runs and you can make oils or lotions with the phenos that don't make the cut. KF would probably make a very nice lotion with pain relieving qualities.

Beaned in Boston: Good luck with your grow. Maybe you'll get the golden ticket and get the phenome I never found. Sorry for the hijack.

• Like 5

There are popular strains here that I've never gotten a decent pheno out of, too. KF happens to be one of them.

• Like 2

It is best to think of killer strains like atheletes. Thousands of people around the world are very good at what they do, but how many make it to the Olympics? 2 Olympic parents do not guarantee an Olympic child.

KF does not like heavy nutes, so that could be the issue with taste/aroma. If you want to grow a keeper from seed, you have to play the numbers. I suggest at least 20 seeds to ensure success, unless you have an ibl, which KF is not.

• Like 2

the way I look at something like this is ...if I have to pop 30/50 sees to find something good..hell, I will stick to bag seed that has been paid for when I get the weed..lol

chances are just as good..

• Like 3