•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

Hello All

I trust you are drawn here by a fond affection for this plant, or perhaps you have heard of it or diesels in general an that's your reason... regardless I hope you enjoy your time here and feel free to interact and comment.

I see this as my little section of our community dedicated to a very over due attempt to revive this strain through an open pollination of some remaining F1 stock (Bred By Sannie and Knutsel many years ago. I understand this strain is no longer available as the male in the cross has perished.

NBD was part of the first seed purchase I had made from Sannie (and also my 1st seed purchase ever), along with KO Kush and TheOne x NYCD freebies!! (The FreeBies were GREAT!!... That's my Best Tony the Tiger impersonation. :) ) As Top Notch as these strains were: I was severely impressed with the smells from the NBD bad girls and clean Uppy high from the finished bud. I have not experienced ANY other plant with as an alluring fragrance!! I'm very much hoping I will smell it again amongst these ladies.

To perform this enterprise I am the benefactor of 9 seeds of the original NBD run from Doc (Thank you again Sir). In this grow Journal we shall take these seeds through the entire process culminating in me sending the resultant seeds into Sannie for them to be made available as freebies!!

I wont be officially able to start this until my current run is done. I've got some of Visions seeds NYCD fems which is somewhat fortuitous! lol .

Hope you all are doing well and I look forward to doing this grow with you!

(And for my friends I asked to find me here: This is Doobious (my gaming alias, lol)

• Like 13

Hey Fla,

Good start broski, I'm psyched to see this revival. Unfortunately I will not be able to contribute anything, sad news... the mail hub here in New England, uses a brutal mail sorter that crushes everything in envelopes. I only have 1 nbd bean out of 6, and they killed just about everything else in the envelope. I am going to use it whether it is male or female, the one nbd seed, I have some heri x nbd beans and I will probably mix it in with those and some other interesting stuff I have . I will be glad to share any of the crosses I get..

• Like 4

I'm really interested in this project. Sending good vibes your way for a spectacular finish. Sure hope some f2's find their way to my grow room by this time next year! PeAce bro

MrG

• Like 2

Hey, @Fla, I just noticed this thread is in the "Growguide Talk " section.

Maybe the mods could move it to "Grow Reports" or some other section more appropriate......

Wasn't sure if you meant for it to be in this section.

Hi Interesting Plan!

I grew a NewBlueDiesel plant four years ago and hang on to it's clone ever since.

It's not a big yielder indoors, but outdoors it's great.

gallery_1115_3541_61667.jpg

I made a few crosses with it, and the purple colour is dominant in some of them.

I treated NBD with STS and selfed it. But the result of that did not impress me.

I grew out five of them, but did not find anything interesting.

The rest of the S1-seeds are still in my fridge.

My latest cross of New Blue Diesel with an Indica from Madagascar resulted in finding a nice purple plant that has the same smell and taste of NBD.

gallery_1115_1094_128079.jpg

I still got frozen NBD-pollen from the selfing project, and I think I will use it to make a backcross to the purple MadBlueDiesel.

Your plans to make a next generation with the (polyhybrid) NBD might lead to a segregation of it's genes.

You might need to make at least two, and apply some selection on it in between, to get near the original.

Good luck.

• Like 9

Smokey, that's not very discreet... be cool, please.

FT... NBD F2's will be bad-ass!!!

I missed out on those freebies when they were available and regret not moving on them faster. I like Diesel crosses.

I remember your grows from years back... this should be a good show for a sure! Hopefully you get 100% germination on the seeds you have, so you can have a nice selection to choose from. A keeper plant is in the eye of the beholder, I'm sure you'll find some worthwhile parents in those seeds.

I'm smiling about NBD F2's, but I'm mostly happy to see you around here more, FT. You're a good grower, you know what to look for and you're going to make an excellent NBD F2's... this is one Blueberry Diesel that deserves a comeback!

I have an old Sannie freebie strain I'm working on for freebies too.... I'll give a hint... it should taste something like "sweet cherry cough syrup".

• Like 1

FOTH, that is a beautiful flower... I can imagine it comes from a equally beautiful plant.

Im curious... how does the strength, flavor, plant height and flower density in your cross differ from the original NBD? You said the fragrance stayed true to NBD, but you didn't elaborate on its other effects.

Tell me this FOTH... are you happy with how it turned out?

Some of us have come to expect good things from your garden.

Ill say it again... the flower from this cross looks exceptional.

• Like 1

Yeah nice looking flower for sure, FOTH and she definitely enjoys the outdoors, it appears. Nice!

Gotta keep an eye on this thread.

Just popping by to say good luck with the f2 fla. Glad they made it to you. For the f2, i think i already gave my opinion to u for the best representation of the f2 so i wont mention again lol :) and i have faith in your judgement/selection. Hopefully in a few months the newer and older og members can try these badboys again. Grapefruit/tangerines diesol on the green phenos, dark hashy cocoa on the full purple ones.

best vybes on this project :)

• Like 1

Thanks Folks for the very positive vibes!!

I'm taking from all your comments that you think I should do a selection grow as opposed to an open pollination which I thought would be best so a to not bottle neck it at this point.. unless I'm missing something?

I think with 3 or 4 males and a similar number of ladies I SHOULD be able to keep its phenolitic expressions intact. From some of the f2 seed, which I was gonna keep for my own projects, I thought I could pop a much larger population to do selections from.. as opposed to trying to accomplish that now and have everyone else constrained by my efforts?

FYI: Now I want to hammer out how best to proceed... once this starts I will post numerous photos of the grow etc leading up to the seeds dispatch to Sannie (fingers crossed throughout: of course! and once I recall how to do photos here... hehehe)

Lol ... cheers

• Like 4

I think with 3 or 4 males and a similar number of ladies...

In that case, you could make four different seed lines,

one based on each lady with four husbands.

And pick the seedbatch of the best lady (or two)

You could also:

Keep clones of all four females,

and try to catch different pollen samples from each male and freeze them.

or keep clones of them too.

test the f2 seeds to find the best lady (or two)

cross the individual males to clones of her.

Try the seed lines again to find the best performing male.

Use them to make your final product.

(You can keep clones of exceptional F2;s you might find in the proces,

and include them in the project too)

Bottlenecking is not bad, as long as it's bottlenecking of desirable traits.

Good luck with making a plan.

• Like 6

See, nothing to it..lol Should be done in no time.

I'll just sit back, watch, wait, and eat my popcorn. Fun learning the decision processes in making it happen. Good luck. I'm sure lots of folks will be happy seeing it again.

pEaCE

MrG

I did an NBD run a few years ago, and it was the only strain to overwhelm my carbon air filter. I immediately regretted not making clones, but I have some seeds I crossed with a Columbian Gold x Jamaican Lambsbread male. The offspring have the fastest root growth of anything I have grown. I was impressed by the vigor and growth rate of NBD, but the yield was not huge in my tents.

I wish you luck on this cross FlaTransplant. Smoked on some NBD twice and ordered some God's NBD. But I was sent the wrong seeds. :( It can be as simple or complicated as you want it. Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

God's Blue Cheese. Lol. I did not even complain to them. Was mistake 2 in 2 orders. I just bitchin now. :) Do wanna grow a NBD cross some day as I enjoyed the smoke. Just may get a local clone as there is a commercial cut with yield and candy diesel flavor in my town. Save me looking for something I may never use in a cross. :) I love Sour Diesel and I love Sweet Candy and good yield is a plus. :)

• Like 2

I hate to inform you all that I failed to get any germination at all..... Ive known this for a while but have dreaded this post.

I have to think that perhaps someone with greater experience might have had greater success here: But Ive never failed in germinating this badly before..

My sincerest apologies to all for what might/could have been...

• Like 4

No biggie bro. Nice reply. One thing I'm learning is to roll with is the surprises. They still hurt, but it seems to be a part of it. Ask me how I know? ....ha

I saw some others in the thread mention still having that strain around so who knows....

PeAce

mrG

• Like 1