•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

I hate to inform you all that I failed to get any germination at all..... Ive known this for a while but have dreaded this post.

I have to think that perhaps someone with greater experience might have had greater success here: But Ive never failed in germinating this badly before..

My sincerest apologies to all for what might/could have been...

You tried to germ all of them?

I got one single NBD seed, if you have any left let me know . I would like to do a repo, but it’s not happening with only one seed.

I can cross it to some heri x nbd and see what’s in those

• Like 1

I hate to inform you all that I failed to get any germination at all..... Ive known this for a while but have dreaded this post.

I have to think that perhaps someone with greater experience might have had greater success here: But Ive never failed in germinating this badly before..

My sincerest apologies to all for what might/could have been...

Like Hempy said, life goes on, just got to roll with the punches dust yourself off & don't stress about what could have been. Working with old seed stock is probably why they didn't germinate. May I ask how you germinated them? Great strains get lost all the time, mostly when someone has a great cut but won't share, they mess up & loose it.

That's breeding for you, you don't always get what you would like. It's only Weed, simply put your energy into making your own cross of an indica Dom Blueberry & whatever diesel you consider best, could be Nycd or another.

Peace

B

• Like 2

Too bad, FlaTransplant.

Maybe it has something to do with the storage of the seeds?

I don't know how many different phenotypes there were to be found in NBD.

I only know my purple pheno,

I crossed it to a Madagascar Indica, and in the offspring I found a plant that looks very similar to it,

smells the same and has similar effects. And yields more.

I kept a clone/mother, grew it a few times, also outdoors.

The picture below (shot today) shows the latest clone of it.

gallery_1115_4477_134722.jpg

I used some pollen of a reversed clone of NBD on it's lower buds.

I pulled a seed out, to check if it's getting ripe.

gallery_1115_4477_203826.jpg

And decided to wait a few more days.

So that's (Madagascar x NBD) X NBD.

Backcross #1

Another ten seeds of Madagscar X NBD were germinated recently, and I kept the strongest plant after selection at a young age.

And put it into the flower cabin after taking a clone to keep in veg.

gallery_1115_4477_244988.jpg

It's quickly responding to 12/12.

In about five weeks I'll know if it's like NBD or like Madagascar.

Or something else...

• Like 3

FOTH, that is a beautiful flower... I can imagine it comes from a equally beautiful plant.

Im curious... how does the strength, flavor, plant height and flower density in your cross differ from the original NBD? You said the fragrance stayed true to NBD, but you didn't elaborate on its other effects.

Tell me this FOTH... are you happy with how it turned out?

Some of us have come to expect good things from your garden.

Ill say it again... the flower from this cross looks exceptional.

Sorry for responding so late, DG, but I waited for FT's reply and his plan.

Strength and flavour are very similar, can't taste or notice any difference.

Size is similar, but it clearly makes more buds.

It also outperformed NBD outdoors.

Happy with how it turned out?

It's not a finished product, that's never my goal.

But so far I'm pleased with the results.

The "exceptionality" could come from "Heterosis" a.k.a. hybrid vigour.

It only occurs when the parents are unrelated.

It gets lost as soon as you make an F2 or backcross.

But I'm about to find that out.

I already started a few seeds of the backcross that I made last summer.

I will show them soon.

• Like 5

bump lol

I just did a seed count and logged back on after a few years away from growing.  Have about 50 seeds of the nbd f2 I made.  Will def sprout these for my next grow once I can start up again.  Counting down.  It's all that's on my mind.  Sucks not being able to grow.

• Like 2

Very cool man. We'll wait around. Sorry you have a delay in growing. It would be hard for me to stop now. Hope it's not too much longer for you. You sure have a good place to start with the NBD. Lots of people were interested in it. Best vibes!

peace

mrG

18 hours ago, Mr Goodfellow said:

Very cool man. We'll wait around. Sorry you have a delay in growing. It would be hard for me to stop now. Hope it's not too much longer for you. You sure have a good place to start with the NBD. Lots of people were interested in it. Best vibes!

peace

mrG

Thanks Mr. G.  Yeah it sucks but I had to leave my house for a job and now in Texas so I can't grow here unless I want to get locked up.  Looking at moving to a new state soon to grow in.  

the nbd f2's i grew were awesome.  i liked them better than the f1s actually.  much darker, bigger yield, and more trichs.  

• Like 1

Okay, sorry to hear, lol. I was living there in W. Tex. I still go down for contract work a few times a year. I couldn't take it anymore and moved to Colorado. I aint gettin' any younger! 

New Mexico next door has legal medical. If you're in the oil field a lot of the action is over there. 

peace

mrG