•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

No, i aborted that grow because the stems were extremely thin and woody. I decided to make cuttings from the mothers and do a grow with them later. Not on slabs again tho, because i didn't really like the watering from the top. I will probably go for big blocks or 50/50 coco and perlite. My mapito is full of bugs and i find it too expensive to buy it new (again).

• Sad 1

I've tried that in the past, but unfortunately the bugs survived. The only time i got rid of them was when i baptized the cuttings in a mix of Vertimec and Nissorun. And a friend of mine had good results with Pyrethrum against spidermites and thrips.  So i went and bought that and will try that later when the plants are a bit bigger. It is a lot cheaper than Vertimec and Nissorun. 

soil is your solution, since your already have the biological life in your medium :lol: :lol: :lol:

i did a 20% spray of Karate on my veggies, dumped a heap of soil mites in there and its been clean since! but the plants look sad due to the heatweave we had, the first bit they plowed through but the last two weeks was too much, hoping 2 weeks will be enough to recover
we cant always win

• Haha 1

Hey Hamme, I'm playing in the dirt and no bugs. 

Have you tried putting your mapito into boiling water? That should kill any and everything. Maybe get a large metal barrel, fill with water and put it over some fire. Once boiling, toss a few creates of mapito in for a few of minutes. Remove and let drain and dry. Repeat until all has been processed.  Can't remember how many much mapito you have, but I think you could run a pretty significant amount over a weekend. 

• Like 1

Coocking the mapito could  certainly work against bugs, Justcozz.  But finding a pot big enough to coock it in will be a challenge. I seen growers in Italy that steam their soil after every round against bugs. But i also wouldn't know how to realize that. So, tossing the mapito seems the most practical eventhough it is costy.

Dont toss it bro.
Even though you have bug eggs in there.
Way too costly man.

Don't know how hot your shower gets,but 60C should do it in theory since most eggwhite chains curdle at 44 C orso?
Make sure it really gets  @   60C,since the pito first absorbs some heat being on room temp.

OR

Just put it in bags still slightly moist,and let it freeze over in winter time.
And use new stuff in the meanwhile.

OR

a hefty dosage of peroxide.

OR 

putting it in a large vacuum bag and pull out all air and leave it for a week,no air=dead bugs/eggs/pupa right?

Any way.
I hope you get them pito's clean bro.
I  like your grows anyway hahaha.

Over and out....

• Like 2

Yes you are right brova that it is too costy to toss the mapito. I remember a Dutch grower that spread all the mapito out on the floor of his growroom and then turned on the lights up close to it and burned it for a few hours, killing every egg and bug in it. Practically that is the most ideal method i think.

• Like 1