•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

steve

Top 10 strain of California

Just buy 2 packs of Sannie's Madberry and you will find at least 2 keepers that will top just about any list that comes out. I have tried a couple of these strains and the Madberry kicks their ass :) :)

you can get into the investment of with a 1,000 dollars for a 5 to 7 years period minum

Do you mean going in with farmers holding a license?

blue diamond, big sur holy bud?

many chocolate strains yummmmmie ;)

a good o.g. is a great thing.

green crack, good yeild, good stone, vigourous too.

That kind of list is always interesting to me as a purely seed grower. I do not grow all year, and stop for 4 months a year, so I am always starting over with seed. A lot of that list is clone-only, which is the opposite of me because I can't keep clones. A clone might be great, but its progeny are inherently questionable until they're tested. Getting these genetics crossed with something else-or selfed-is getting somewhat dubious if you're seed-only like me.

Muhammad Ali was a great fighter, and I think 2 of his daughters were pro boxers, but not every kid of Ali went pro. If you want that Ali mojo, you're probably better off cloning him than trying to breed it from him, crossing him with other individuals. I guess my point is that these strains are relevant to us growers if a. We can get these actual clones and not fakes (I can't in my medical, but lame, state) or b. We are willing to explore the quality of their offspring, and accept the consequences.

Another annoying thing about trendy clones: you know there are guys all over the planet (many of these guys and gals are opengrow members) who have clones that are every bit as good as anything on that list. Some guy in Indiana probably has some cut that could crush that whole list, but Indiana is not the environment where that clone is going to achieve any kind of fame.

• Like 1

Two things that top 10 list proves.

1) Cali are stuck in the 90's.

2) Cannabis breeding advancement is limited by a puddle sized gene-pool.

Some of those "strains" are pheno's from the same parents ffs.

When you have millions of strains out there and most of those have been around for at least a decade and that's what the "current" top ten looks like....we should be worried.

• Like 7

If you add some haze strains like amnesia and supersilverhaze to the list it could also be the top strains of amsterdam...we where there last weekend and cookies, kush n blue shit where on the top of the list near everywhere (16-18€/1g)

sad thing is it all smelled the same like oldschool masterkush from 10 years before this "new" strains...earth n hash n dirt lol not my kind of weed, only good kush was something called strawberrykush at prixdami the rest was not very tasty and not very strong...better try g13amnesia at dampkring or silverbubble at greyarea then you know what good weed is like...taste n high are supreme!

all those us strains seem to be more hype than anything or they do not even sell the real deal.

• Like 2

i alwas get very suspicious when people say:

"this is the BEST !!" (haha)

well, i'll just go ahead and say it:

it's a BS-list, LOL

it is obviously complied by people that did not try these themselves

but just followed the loudness of the hypes around the names and

ranked them by their own choice, imo ...

MD said it.

all of these names have at least 50% hype attatched to them.

outside of the US all these "elite"-clones are indeed available.

i had them all (expect two of them) and kept only four or five.

... there is no "best", as tastes differ, imho.

• Like 4

for me "The Best" Tends to be whatever I have in my jars at the moment, so right now "The Best" is Dr. Grinspoon and Blueberry Gum, even though I'll probably never grow either again.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

@BalzaSteel.. how did you like growing Dr. Grinspoon?

The one I grew resembled a green-beaded plant during flower... not a normal looking plant be any means... but the smoke was alright.

This list could be broken down even further into primary flavors, like so...

#1 & #6 are the only strains that include Haze.

#2,#4,#8,#9 & #10 all are made with or are the same thing as OG Kush.

#1 & #7 both have Blueberry.

#3 & #5 both have Skunk.

• Like 1

The grinspoon had wispy colas, no "Beads" at all like in the promo pictures. It wasn't bad to grow, I think I left it in the pot too long before I flipped it so the roots got crowded but it wasn't bad.

When I put it in the jars it was schwag, tasted foul, smelled like fresh mown lawn, and the high was a real headband, almost a headache.

but after a couple months in the jar it reeks of lemon and has a nice busy high, not terribly potent, maybe a 5, it hangs on for 5 or 6 hours, still doesn't taste very good though, not surprising, it had such an insane leaf to calyx ratio that I'm smoking mostly leaf.

Stay Safe

BalzOut

• Like 1

What is the best is always biased by opinions unless we're talking money or sports.

The best for me is taste > yield > bag appeal.

My favorite strain differs in time and may change within hours. Momentarily i am very much into this fat Super Skunk indica that i am about to light up. It is #1 on my list. But clone only! ;)

• Like 3