•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

HillCrest

Hillcrest IS back this time with more Auto Mikromachine

That Russian Doll is sure nice looking. Very cool structure. Best vibes on the rest of the grow.

PeAce

MrG

• Like 1

What a beautiful Russian girl! She's my favorite of those three :P

It seems that the first one is also later in flowering than the second one, isn't it? Just have the small phone to read..

Anyway nice grow so far :)

Greetz

• Like 2

What a beautiful Russian girl! She's my favorite of those three :P

It seems that the first one is also later in flowering than the second one, isn't it? Just have the small phone to read..

Anyway nice grow so far :)

Greetz

Yep she is looking lovely and great pest resistance.

As forv the autos.... they flowered at exactly the same time. The first one is just in a bad location (even if it is only 5-6 foot away for auto #2) it got a heavier bashing from pests and gets no where near the same amount of light as auto #2. I never showed a seperate grow i did of the auto mikromachine of 24 seeds under lighting in a friends grow room, of 24 seeds every plant appeared to be of the same pheno...except 1 which was branchy, leggy, and very few bud sites even though the buds came out dense.... It wasnt a keeper lol this strain appears to be very stable generally with not much variation. I just wish it had better pest resistance.

Overall Im praying my climate and weather really does allow the russian doll to finish. Fingers crossed.

Regards

Hillcrest

Next update Mindless i'll do better photos with a few macros of developing buds. :D

• Like 1

I like the look on that number 2. She could become verrry massive in my greenhouse i suspect. Might be a strain worth looking into! Just like you i dont mind autoe but i do hate midgets.

Nice grow and goodluck!

• Like 2

Your Russian Doll is going to be a fairly big plant... just going by her structure and growth pattern she's shown so far... a big, bushy plant loaded with flowers!

As for the autos, I'd conclude that if you want to grow larger plants where the Auto#1 is growing, you're goin to have to reduce, if not remove that hedge.

A quick trick I use for helping boost the immune systems of my outdoor plants (or any plant) is is to give them aspirin water. One or two regular uncoated aspirin dissolved in a gallon of water will raise the salicylic acid within the plant and better enable the plant to protect itself against insects and pathogens. It functions as an endogenous signal mediating local and systemic plant defense responses.

These responses can toughen up the outer layer of the plants dermis causing sap-sucking insects to be unable to penetrate through the dermis and into the xylem.

Some defense responses can make plant matter taste horrible to insects and varmints that are apt to eating your plants.

Aspirin water is one "old school" trick that I don't mind sharing with everyone... it's really hard to screw it up, but it is possible... never add more than 2 aspirin per gallon and you'll be fine... I usually use only one aspirin per gallon and water them with it a couple times each month.

Remember... just like people, too much aspirin is bad for plants too.

Pyrethrins are great non-discriminating insect killers and very effective.

• Like 5

Thank you Ozz, I appreciate your comment.

Years ago, I was told by Whazzup that I could do one of two things here on OpenGrow.

I could either accept his offer of becoming a moderator within the site to assist in maintaining the site and helping fellow growers grow their best and share my plant knowledge... or... I would have to leave OpenGrow.

I don't know if he would have made me leave back then if I would have said no, but moderating here and helping others out with growing, old-school tricks & remedies has been really good for my soul.

• Like 4

Your Russian Doll is going to be a fairly big plant... just going by her structure and growth pattern she's shown so far... a big, bushy plant loaded with flowers!

As for the autos, I'd conclude that if you want to grow larger plants where the Auto#1 is growing, you're goin to have to reduce, if not remove that hedge.

A quick trick I use for helping boost the immune systems of my outdoor plants (or any plant) is is to give them aspirin water. One or two regular uncoated aspirin dissolved in a gallon of water will raise the salicylic acid within the plant and better enable the plant to protect itself against insects and pathogens. It functions as an endogenous signal mediating local and systemic plant defense responses.

These responses can toughen up the outer layer of the plants dermis causing sap-sucking insects to be unable to penetrate through the dermis and into the xylem.

Some defense responses can make plant matter taste horrible to insects and varmints that are apt to eating your plants.

Aspirin water is one "old school" trick that I don't mind sharing with everyone... it's really hard to screw it up, but it is possible... never add more than 2 aspirin per gallon and you'll be fine... I usually use only one aspirin per gallon and water them with it a couple times each month.

Remember... just like people, too much aspirin is bad for plants too.

Pyrethrins are great non-discriminating insect killers and very effective.

Great tip mate.

Aa

DesertGrown...its my humour, theres not a cat in hells chance i'll be cutting or removing the hedge. My land is split in two levels. Its about half an arce (just below) top half is my LAWN... with fruit trees....might call it my private area as it has an 8 ft wall one side and a 9 foot hedge the other side (bitch to look after) the 9ft hedge on the grow side is actually 10-11 ft as the ground drops away but i created a raised area just for this stuff. Prior to the issues i had with a neighbour i had an indoor grow, and would smoke an oz a week +. Now given i only grow outside in UK i only grow 2-3 plants per year and dependant on yeild i smoke, eat 5-8 oz per year so thats a reduction of around 45-48oz per year in persoanal intake. Im hoping to increase the yeild of the outdoor grow each year so im hoping for inexcess of 10 oz this year but the rain plays its part in this due to rot........That is a massive drop... I Smoke to get high not any medical issues. I am proud of myself for this reduction (so is the mrs considering she worked in young persons and adult alcohol and drugs services)......... The bonus is...... My business income has gone up x5 simply due to increased focus.

Anyway hedge is staying ill just increase the platform area.

The lower garden is our fun/veg area. We grow many veg, kids have a 10 ft sunken trampolene (ie. Trampoene is level with ground as wind would simply throw the fecker around) climbing frame and plenty of room for our camping parties. :D.

Regards

Hillcrest

• Like 2

Auto mikromachine has been reordered tonight for next year already. But I am talking to kannabia regarding their gnomo auto which lokks amazing but with with lower yields.

https://www.kannabia.es/en/kannabia/gnomo-auto

Ill let you know what info they give me

Regsrd

Hillcrest

• Like 1

Also going to speak to Sannie regarding outdoor in UK and will be happy to try any recommended outdoor strains of his as i'll attempt 5 plants next year ....dependant on choice. More than likely 2 more auto mikromachines, 2x Gnomo atuo (maybe 3) and 1 other from what ever source.

Regards

Hillcrest

Check out oregongreenseed.com, they specialize in outdoor strains that will finish in areas north of the 45th latitude.

I've grown their Willamette Valley Pineapple and Oaxacan Iranian. Both are great outdoor strains and have moderate to high yields. Good stuff man!!

Texada Timewarp is another good yielding outdoor strain that doesn't mind getting it's feet wet.

I'm sure Sannie has something on hand that would be a good fit for your particular situation... or at least be able to point you in the right direction.

My biggest problem is trying to keep plants cool when it's 114°-121° during our frequent "heat waves" with nighttime lows getting down into the low/mid 90's. Water comes out of the tap this time of year at around 82°-86° due to our water storage tanks being above ground.

Today was an enjoyable 108°... it's almost like we're entering a cooling trend or something, lol!!

My plants get an ice water mix in the summer months to help keep them cool... they seem to dig it.

• Like 1

An in-ground trampoline, that's pretty badass! And DG on point with his help, the old-school tricks are absolutely the golden nuggets that make OpenGrow such an awesome place.

Good luck with the weather and I hope to see these girls finish up... I like my women Polish, but those Russian chicks ain't bad either. I think being attracted to 'em is just in my genes (and/or jeans, depending on where your mind is at :D).

• Like 2

update:

All three:

gallery_4165_6008_975933.jpg

Runt:

gallery_4165_6008_4063882.jpg

Strong one :

gallery_4165_6008_9416292.jpg

Russian Doll:

gallery_4165_6008_4097372.jpg

General auto buds:

gallery_4165_6008_7008291.jpg

gallery_4165_6008_1550124.jpg

gallery_4165_6008_936153.jpg

Auto are stinking it up fruity but earthy. Not long till finish.....maybe 2-3 weeks at most but we will see.

Russian doll is storming on showing pre flowers but I'll be suprised if shes allowed to finish here due to climate. Shame but i will let her do what she can and pray for good weather but as she'll still be flowering into november probably I'll not hold out too much luck.

Regards

Hillcrest

• Like 7

she's a very beautiful lady man, i like the development of her :icecream:

do u smoke the buds or do u make hash?

greetz

• Like 1

do u smoke the buds or do u make hash?

greetz

I've quit smoking tobacco and dont fancy burning anything anymore. Last time I had a grow was 3 yrs back and with the same auto mikromachine strain and smoked alittle of it and used rest for butter....which i still have some leftover in freezer from then. I was going to turn this lot into bho/shatter and then add to e-cig liquid...... but then I recently purchased the MIGHTY vape which i'm seriously liking alot so will probably just vape most of it. If by any miracle the Russian doll does produce some mature buds before our climate kills it and i like the smoke, I'll create some bho from one of the strains and vape that too.

Shame the Russian doll wasnt an Auto :( .

I hated on Auto's for years (mainly lowryders) and never saw the point of them until I had to stop growing indoors, now I can see what sizes of plant and yields can be acheived from auto's i'm a convert, if I didnt live in a place that has crap weather like here, it might be a different story.

Still think lowryders are the produce of satan.

Greetz Hillcrest

• Like 2

same here for me, almost all autos i tried were just crap...then i had "pandora" from paradise seeds which was a decent outdoor plant with weed that was ok, finishing in beginning of september. after that i ran in some green poison seeds (f2 from a random guy), the story got interesting then because of the absolutely great flavor and looks they gave me. the weed still is on the lower end potencywise, but flavor and looks made it a great daytime smoke...especially when u try to quit cigarettes :whistle: i have one standing right now that i planted a little late (begin of july), i see what it will give me. i have two seeds left for next year but i will look into spanish breeders for and plant a little field somewhere...they got some serious stuff right now from what i have read. :wave:

• Like 1

Auto's have come a long long way. They have a legit place when size and timing are a factor. Auto's at key times in a year enable more crops to happen in some areas of the world :dribble:

We are in mourning.

A week ago I harvested the tops of the auto mikromachine and a few side branches as they were ready and also the weather has been wet as shit and spotted mold.

Left behind was the Fem Russisn doll as not even flowering and standing about 1.5m now and the 2 mikomachines with I'd say 3 times more buds left than i harvested. (So id harvested about a 1/4 of the yield)

So today I step outside as its dry to go harvest more, but..........

The ladies have gone :( some toe rag has pulled up the auto's and nicked em.....leaving behind Rusdian doll as useless to them (no doubt keeping an eye on her for the future) ....creating quite a bit of damage to fencing etc in the process.

'Pauses to shed a tear'

Ah well looks like I'll have to find a new location and alarm them up next year, and improve my fencing.

I'll keep you posted as to how the Russian doll goes on but I'm tempted to just killl her now as cant see her finishing before weather turns really crap. Also if she goes local toe rag will stop visiting in the night.

Regards

Hillcrest

hey welcome back and sad to hear of the end.....appreciate your thread and at least you got the tops. damn rippers.

hope next season gets you some faster producing ladies....sucks about the russian doll....

relax and dream...

• Like 1

Crap, I was enjoying this one and a little envious of your results. I sympathize with you, I recently had my plants discovered and caught red-handed. Instead of taking them this a-hole went around telling anyone who would listen what I was doing and where they could find my plants. They've been moved but everyday since I have anticipated the same result as yours. I've enjoyed this thread and hope you continue it next year.

• Like 1

Oh damn... Sorry to hear hillcrest :( at least u got something :)

Hopefully they don't rape the beautiful Russian girl. do u have some kind of deer-cam or something? Maybe it's some twat u know...

Looking forward to the smoke report!

Greetz

• Like 1

Crap, I was enjoying this one and a little envious of your results. I sympathize with you, I recently had my plants discovered and caught red-handed. Instead of taking them this a-hole went around telling anyone who would listen what I was doing and where they could find my plants. They've been moved but everyday since I have anticipated the same result as yours. I've enjoyed this thread and hope you continue it next year.

Thanks man, it sucks.

Oh damn... Sorry to hear hillcrest :( at least u got something :)

Hopefully they don't rape the beautiful Russian girl. do u have some kind of deer-cam or something? Maybe it's some twat u know...

Thanks mindless, Its no one I know. Only folks that know are close family and really close friends that live between 100- 300 miles away. We live a life style where we only really know our neighbours ( no issue there now) we dont have friends locally so a deer cam (which i have.....to those who dont know its a night vision movement triggered video device) whouldnt really help as photos would mean nothing.

The fuck up IMO is mine. The location all be it on private land does have a public border .... I got cocky and my brain wasnt thinking. If I'd stuck to the autos the plants would have remained almost invisable to amyone passing but I planted the Russian doll and due to its size They All got noticed.

Lesson learnt.

Regards

Hillcrest

• Like 1