Mad Scientist?

Hi MrW

I ran a pack about 3 years ago

I gave it a short veg time it should have vegged for 8 weeks next time

Also stayed short and bushy

Great smoke

About 9 weeks in flower if I remember

• Like 1

I would agree with the above. It does seem like you need to veg longer. I've never gotten too much yield off it, probably for lack of veg. White widow is a big yielder, but herijuana not so much. The effects are as advertised.

• Like 1

actually my final 2 are just finishing up ran a couple of packs so far, I agree with above the smaller heri phenos are small and bushy the widow pheno is all widow in structure but the buds are big heri .One i keep around is a big lemon with fat heri nuggets. I do love the stone and indica effects great for night time and sleep. Love heri crosses

o and heres a quick pic from last week I think

gallery_18455_5888_2215371.jpg

• Like 7

This is at week # 9 , I found some strong Indica effect, solid buds.

gallery_7552_3767_3320867.jpg

• Like 8

Grows well in smart pots. Air pruning in a smaller container for a long time made at dense root ball that exploded when put into a 12 litre smart pots. Longer vegging does pay off, especially as the flower time is short any way. Buds grow like expanding foam around the stems. Ultra dense indica that smells very much like coffee, especially in organic (not like fresh roast coffee but more of a coffee flavour revel sweetie). Delicious. Great with coffee or tea.

You won't get big buds, though the buds you get make up for it in sheer density - expands when ground up. l'm sure if Jesus was a stoner he could get the 4000 baked with a dense Mad Sci nug xD

Stays very very short and l noticed a cool trait: the fan leaves' stems develop buds near where they connect to the main stem. This gave interesting shape as they matured.

Found that it craved Cal-Mag a tad more, so watch out for that. Nitrogen less so (probs due to the great bud to leaf ratio and lack of stretch.)

Very hard hitting stone and makes a great hash.

My favourite strain/

• Like 7

I came looking for just this thread!

@RTW thx. I think I have a cal-mag issue.. It's a classic MadSci, short, very bushy, and fared well with the accidental long veg time I gave them. It has always stayed very dark green and now it went on the yellow side almost plant wide. Little teeny rust spots showing as well on older growth.

Thanks for the thread MrWombat! I may throw a pic or two in for you if okay. Maybe it will help us both.

I just flipped mine and about 4 days later I went heavier on bloom mix along with my foundation mix (Roots Organics, dry Uprising Line, Foundation, Grow, Bloom). They all had extended veg time but my MadSci is the only one to show this yellowing under the same circumstances otherwise.

Otherwise the plant was a little bit of a slow starter, but became a strong, slow, steady growing bush that is very easy to grow. Seemed to roll with anything better than others most times. I'm sure I will figure this out and it will finish fine. I hope so!

I'll try and get a couple of pics of mine. Thx!

PeAce

MrG

• Like 1

@ MrWombat.. hope you don't mind, I'll throw a couple of pics up for informational purposes. They are pics of my plant at 9 days 12/12. This is the first problem in 3 months of veg.

gallery_16406_5978_1959437.jpg

gallery_16406_5978_888001.jpg

gallery_16406_5978_2287188.jpg

Any ideas? Cal-mag? been feeding them on the light side all run. Just started some bloom mix in last feeding.

Thanks MrW! Hope you have a great run with yours! I'll look for a pic of what it normally looked like.

PeAce

MrG

• Like 1

This is what she always looks like... after I took a lot of the fans out. It gets extremely bushy and prevents all light from penetrating. Clean it up and it grows back.

gallery_16406_5978_2399069.jpg

gallery_16406_5978_1629282.jpg

Sorry for the bad pics. I know I have better ones somewhere. I'm just beginning to put pics in my gallery. Good luck bro!

• Like 3

Any ideas? Cal-mag? been feeding them on the light side all run. Just started some bloom mix in last feeding.

I do believe you have a bit of calmag issue. In your soil for next time, a week or two before you noticed issue, add more calmag.

This is a great site to use to diagnose and for solutions. I use it often to help illustrate.

http://www.growweedeasy.com/calcium-deficiency-cannabis

• Like 2

Thanks hempy! I use that site as well to start looking. I felt like that was the issue. All others in the exact same circumstances are fine.

It seems the MadSci just maybe had higher needs for it at flip. I'm still learning all these strains and will depend on the knowledge of OG to steer me right!

I gave it an adjustment yesterday and she looked happy last night so she will tell me I guess.

Thanks guys.

Good luck mrWombat. I'd say long veg time, and watch her around time of flip for other needs. I'll try and get a pic up when she recovers and starts fattening up!

PeAce

MrG

• Like 1

Thanks hempy! I use that site as well to start looking. I felt like that was the issue. All others in the exact same circumstances are fine.

It seems the MadSci just maybe had higher needs for it at flip. I'm still learning all these strains and will depend on the knowledge of OG to steer me right!

I gave it an adjustment yesterday and she looked happy last night so she will tell me I guess.

Thanks guys.

Good luck mrWombat. I'd say long veg time, and watch her around time of flip for other needs. I'll try and get a pic up when she recovers and starts fattening up!

PeAce

MrG

l used a little epsom salts for magnesium every feed. Worked very nice. Stopped the lower leaves mag-def yellowing. The little dots look like the calcium, They will turn orange, become more numerous and look rusty on MadSci...quite nice for flushing colors l suppose hehe.

For cal, l mix coffee grinds, egg shell powder mixed with worm castings and add into my mix. Never had more issues with it. l wanted to try the organic route to save my soil life.

• Like 1