•     ai.php.gif instagramlogo.jpg

HillCrest

Seed giveaway. Come look.

And i would share the vanilla sky f2 with the community if that would be ok with the people here. :)

Sorry that i forgott to mention this, but it was my intention first. I first messaged hillcrest, because i felt bad asking here for this special things, as i got some of them, but i see it's better to discuss this openly :)

• Like 5

coolage! nice of leo t say soz, with explanation for the p.m. right? ;)

hey leo, wud you keep o.g. updated on your progress? cos that sounds cool, and i think it would be great if peeps did work them and turn them into more?

Then Hillcrests love could be spread all over the toast like marmite mmmmmm :)

care n share

• Like 1

Yes was the explanation for the p.m.

For sure i would keep you updated, as i'm not experienced with this ( it would be my first time crossing plants), i would show you how the things are going and the people with more knowledge can help me decide what to do next. But because of my lacking skill, i would say it's better that someone with more experience get's them :)

I awaited more request from the experienced growers, because i thaught they xould do much more with them, because i never seen them personally for sale in the shop just as freebies, so there should be people having more seeds than I.

But thank you both for the support :).

• Like 3

Just a heads up ..... The number of seeds listed ..... lets just say "I might have more then listed" hehe ...... so don't be put off choosing a strain just because a few others already have chosen it.

Leo.Z ..... You were not the only user to message me..... There were more so don't sweat it.

Regards

Hillcrest

• Like 4

Thanks hillcrest , I would like to try any one of the " can't tell you " i can only do a smoke report tho , so put others first : )

• Like 1

I'd like to see grow reports....

Considering that this Leo dude is really willing to make an F2 to share around. I think he might have my vote for the Vanilla Sky...if I had a vote. :) Maybe even drop some as freebies in the shop.

And i would share the vanilla sky f2 with the community if that would be ok with the people here. :)

Sorry that i forgott to mention this, but it was my intention first. I first messaged hillcrest, because i felt bad asking here for this special things, as i got some of them, but i see it's better to discuss this openly :)

Would be very nice of you to make and share an open pollinated F2 generation Leo. (all females to all males) Could make many people happy I think. Even if you never show a report here. Could post finish pics of the ladies and early male pics if ya wanted. :) Might be a fun repro. man. :)

AGP

• Like 4

ill take some an post em fer sure, if theres a few floatin aboot! ;)

fancy a chuck too might bring a goodie bag! :o

@Agp:If thats the wish of hillcrest and all the others, i would make an report about the open pollination with all plants. :) i actually would only concentrate on this in my next run. But you are right if i use all males and females i can only show them and for sure it would be fun.

About the freebies would be sannies decision, i don't know if they are good enough if they are made from, not that i'm having problems eith my plants, just don't have any experience with making seeds.

• Like 1

@Agp:If thats the wish of hillcrest and all the others, i would make an report about the open pollination with all plants. :) i actually would only concentrate on this in my next run. But you are right if i use all males and females i can only show them and for sure it would be fun.

About the freebies would be sannies decision, i don't know if they are good enough if they are made from, not that i'm having problems eith my plants, just don't have any experience with making seeds.

Breeding is split into 2 catagories ( lets keep it basic) ...selective and open.

Selective .....Ideally breeders select strong males and females which meet certain criteria such as structure... Nana and bud site number.... Strength ..... Flowering period etc etc (too many to mention) and cross the males and females hoping for a winner...... Ideally with a limited number of pheno. Some not so good but ideally with a high proportion of strong winners. This can in effect take years in some cases explaining the high cost of some seeds due to time taken to develope such a strain seed.

This is how pros do it.

Open......... Plant a fuck load of males and females and hope for the best. Generally creating an infinite number of pheno and a grower gets what they get. (Pot luck) could end up with X number of pheno and all could be shite...... But...many could be good ...no way to tell...or reproduce for the breeder as they dont know which male pheno crossed with which female pheno.

Downside of open pollination........

Many sites where folks sell seeds for what looks like great Strains are simply accidents and can be full of bollox pheno with not 1 good pheno even though parents sound awesome.....you just get ripped off.

Upside......

Some breeders cant be arsed to continue a strain so actively open pollinate and hand out as freebies or even test seeds just to see if something amazing happens.

Regards Hillcrest

• Like 4

The Nevelles Haze and Chocolate Rain..,

I made my own var of that, and it was freakin Awesome even be my standards.

Chocolate rain crosses well with everything.

• Like 7

awesome share. i'm rarely on this site, but would be down to do a report on one o these::

Blu chocolate reg

Vanilla sky x Neville haze reg

Neville haze F2 reg

peace

z

• Like 2

I thought all the time it's only possible to ask after one :D i was stupid because you all mentioned more than one, but i had the feeling i read that in the first post. If it's possible to make a second choice, i would take the kronocaine.

Kind regards

• Like 1

I forget how I wrote it, but I put 4 choices I think. I only expect one.

Those were 4 choices I'd enjoy growing, in any order, depending on availability or demand. and, Blu Choc if it were to come available! :)

PeAce

MrG

• Like 1

selective breeding is awesome! but you have to know so many things about the plants your working with, otherwise its a waste of time and can result in lots of work for nothing!

its a pro job fer sure. ;)

if i was making freebs it would be with the best selected male and female.

not open. :o

• Like 1

van sky sounds inviting to me

I do both selective and bombing on any spare sites( dont have to be mine or have permission) select for my fun and ideas bomb and scatter to mix up very poor gene pool area

some place love the mixes to we call em lucky packets

• Like 1

Well im in the states. WTF !!! How you guys grow anything indoors here is beyond me without burning shit down.......your wiring is bloody scary compared to UK spec. Even my son whos 6 thinks its messed up hahaha.

Not got house/villa I booked originally ..,kicked off .... Got moved to upgrade .... Winner Kids and mrs happy anyway so...im happy. Will start looking closer over the ermmmmm...applicants lol.

Wasnt looking forward to driving here ....but damn I must admit its very relaxed. Far easier than I thought.... And shit you even drive on wrong side of road. (Sorry just being a dick as getting over jet lag) well to be honest im over it (dont suffer from it) but everyone else does so they are in bed and im bored.

Greetz and happy growing

Hillcrest

• Like 4

What part of the states are you getting to visit? Hope you all have a good time.

PeAce

MrG

• Like 1

What part of the states are you getting to visit? Hope you all have a good time.

PeAce

MrG

Not my choice id prefer much more northern / north/western . This is for the kids so its orlando/kissimmee ...yes you guessed it damn disney shit and universal. But thanks Mr goodfellow.... Sure if the kids enjoy i will too...so far they are loving it.

Must point out.... If your american and live near orlando and consider yourselves foodies ....... Come to europe ....ANYWHERE IN EUROPE ....youll think you landed on a new planet called 'quality food' Your food is shit. Massive portions yeah but damn seems everything is processed... Dont know if its just here down south due to heat and preserving etc. Sorry dont wanna sound rude but truely seems that way.

Hides behind a wall.

• Like 5

If you could get downvoted on here im sure i would after that comment lol.

Im a meat eater (so should win staying here) and my partner is a veggie..... But....Ive craved a NICE fresh salad for last few days..... Not happening. Had salads .... But shit..... I'm just gonna leave it there. Off in morning to find a market..... Not supermarket i mean a MARKET where restaurants would normally buy stuff ...say wholesale. I might be coming across dumb to some americans but its my first time here and I CAN cook...... And just as much skill preparing a good salad or certain raw dishes as one that requires cooking.

Sorry sooo off tangent. LOL

• Like 4

Hey HillCrest, no worries man, we all bitch about it too. ha. That place has such a high and continuous turn over of tourists that I imagine it would be hard to find a good market unless you went into Orlando. I haven't been there in years but I know how it all works.

That place is what is and is supposed to be, a fantasy. Not related to much in the US other than rabid consumerism. But, Florida is a cool place. I prefer the Gulf side, but I'm partial. You're close to Coco Beach and the Indian River. Not too bad for being so close. Might get some awesome seafood over there, a little more local flair.

You're right, the kids will love it and that will make it a success. I hope you were able to pack some edibles... might be a bit stressful with all the people... j/k. You'll enjoy it. Don't swim with the alligators!

PeAce

MrG

there's a farmers market monday nights 5 - 9 in the parking lot of stardust coffee: 1842 E. Winter Park Road. there'll be folks cooking as well as selling fresh produce.

http://audubonmarket.com/contacts-info/

and if you miss that there's Mills 50 community market on tuesday 4 - 9 at 1050 N. Mills Ave

• Like 1

Must point out.... If your american and live near orlando and consider yourselves foodies ....... Come to europe ....ANYWHERE IN EUROPE ....youll think you landed on a new planet called 'quality food' Your food is shit. Massive portions yeah but damn seems everything is processed... Dont know if its just here down south due to heat and preserving etc. Sorry dont wanna sound rude but truely seems that way.

Hides behind a wall.

You have to know where to go in any part of the US. Foodies aren't eating in the restaurants where you ate. Tourist cattle are eating where you ate.

I lived in the US southeast for 21 years, until recently. Any regional, national or international chain restaurant is mediocre, at best, with rare exceptions.

As an example, take Charleston, SC. There are restaurants there that are so good, foodies spontaneously orgasm. The majority of the restaurants are for tourists who don't know any better, or have no taste.

As another example, take NYC, home of some of the best pizza on Earth (I'm sure everyone agrees! :rofl) But if you walk into just any pizza place, you'll most likely get run-of-the-mill bullshit.

As you might imagine, based on the girth of the average American today, most Americans just want a shovel and a pile of food. Most good restaurants don't provide a pile or a shovel, and you will see restaurant reviews in Yelp complaining about the high price for the amount of food you get.

If you don't have a personal recommendation from someone you know has similar tastes as you do, look for non-chain restaurants that are crowded — where on Thursday-Saturday nights, you have to wait 30 minutes or more for a table (if they don't take reservations). Use apps like Yelp, but don't take everyone's reviews at face value. It is very useful for finding places off the beaten path, but reviews depend on the Bozo who did the review (and that is often Bozo himself).

• Like 2